thinking about joining the t.a

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tommyboy, Feb 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im thinking about joining the t.a i am at college i want to go in a a soldier is it likely i will get pulled up to do a tour or peacekeeping in another country how is the training can i choose what weekends i go to the unit im going to my t.a office soon just thought id start my questioning here so any advice comments would be appreciated thanks :lol: :D

3. Essentially you can turn down mobilisation in full time education, and there is choice in weekends, yes.

4. It will take a while for your whole application to process. there's a lot of forms etc so don't lose interest and turn up on the training nights (tues). for training, you do 7 weekends, then a 2 week course (for inf). after that its up to you what weekends you turn up to. just make sure your fitness is okay. try not to vomit all over the drill square after your first pt session. take's fcuking ages for your pay to arrive tho!

5. If you have transport. 7 Regiment Army Air Corpse (TA) at Netheravon, Wiltshire has changed the way they recruit. From now on they will take recruits strait from the street no military experience required. I’m not 100% sure who or how the basic training will be done but all trade training will be done in house at Netheravon once trained and joined as an AirTrooper. It is preferred that you live local but most of us travel 100`s of miles for our fix Hope this helps…

7 Regt (V)
    Army Air Corps:
    Airfield Camp
    Netheravon
    Wilts
    SP4 9SF

Tel: 01980 628217 / 678292

http://www.army.mod.uk/armyaircorps/index.htm

6. Nice to see you're promoting the regiment Detox, by golly we need it :lol: