Thinking about joining the army

So I don't know how I should start this anyway.
I'm 15 going on 16 in a near enough a month and I'm considering joining the British army. I have a few questions which I hope can be answered by people who have more knowledge of the armed forces than what they put on the site. 1. Are the requirements for welbleck set in stone or are they flexible depending on if your committed or not. 2. What courses do they do at Afc harrogate (I'm asking this so I have options instead of welbleck). 3. Do they take into account your regimental preference when applying for a role or they just put you where you're needed I. E apply to the infantry and plan to join the Irish Guards and instead get sent to the Paras. Thanks to all of ye for reading and hopefully giving an answer.

Go to a careers office mate. Ask there not here

I also feel I should state that with how undermanned the army is as of now I will try and gather as much unbiased knowledge as possible before going to a recruiter. Who's job is to (as said in the title) recruit you into the army and get paid for each recruit they sent to phase 1 training.

What ******* are you reading that? ADHD (Attention Dysfunctional Hyperactive Disorder) to sum it up means I can't sit still and get bored very easily. Doesn't help my sleep either.
If you can't sit still, and you get bored easily then the army might not be for you. The ability to deal with both of those is a pre requisite for a member of any branch of the forces.

If you can't sit still, and you get bored easily then the army might not be for you. The ability to deal with both of those is a pre requisite for a member of any branch of the forces.
I've learned to be patient is the thing and yes while I do get bored easily I have found if I ask is there anything to be done I just do it to not be bored. Though Ive been told you need to be proactive in armed forces and willing to take that leap of faith so to speak.

I've learned to be patient is the thing and yes while I do get bored easily I have found if I ask is there anything to be done I just do it to not be bored. Though Ive been told you need to be proactive in armed forces and willing to take that leap of faith so to speak.
The majority of people on here will tell you that you should never, ever volunteer for any extra duties/details unless it's for supply runs for beer, food or Ciggies.No matter what you are told, boredom is a large part of the forces and you just have to deal with it.

And if that's a sarcastic answer there is more accidents on the main road where I live in year than there is in the whole county
Mathematically, that means that the remainder of the county has a negative number of accidents per year.

The majority of people on here will tell you that you should never, ever volunteer for any extra duties/details unless it's for supply runs for beer, food or Ciggies.No matter what you are told, boredom is a large part of the forces and you just have to deal with it.
I'll find a way. I always do. I.E in school I have a tendency to make sly remarks. Good thing my teachers have a sense of humour.

I feel a need to return this thread to the questions I asked and yes I have been looking into joining the army for a while and had been planning to go the careers office at the end of September and unfortunately my Grandfather had a stroke and was in the hospital for a good month before he tragically passed away. And as of now I only getting back onto my feet if you will. The roles I hold an interest in are as follows 1.Light cavalry crewman with the Royal scots dragoon guards 2. Infantry soldier with the Irish guards 3. Driver

I feel a need to return this thread to the questions I asked and yes I have been looking into joining the army for a while and had been planning to go the careers office at the end of September and unfortunately my Grandfather had a stroke and was in the hospital for a good month before he tragically passed away. And as of now I only getting back onto my feet if you will. The roles I hold an interest in are as follows 1.Light cavalry crewman with the Royal scots dragoon guards 2. Infantry soldier with the Irish guards 3. Driver
Bit pointless looking at the qualifications needed for Welbeck, then.

It's more of i want to know all the options available as my father applied as a cavalry officer but left due to reasons unknown to me.
Welbeck is for the technical corps. Only apply if you want to join the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Royal Engineers, Royal Logistic Corps or the Royal Signals.