• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Think someones stolen RLC TA HQ

Ok. I have phoned Grantham every day several times for 3 weeks regarding recruiting. No one has ever answered the phone and although I have left messages no one has got back to me. I think someone has stolen the HQ.
Im also getting pissed off at said TA HQ and I now have a personal mission to keep calling until I get an answer. I DO have the correct number ! Bloody buggers.

H

Hedphelym

The RLC have a very unique 'phone number now. It can only be achieved the way a perfect RLC recruit can input the number you have been given on an average keypad.

It's all due to cuts - If you manage to get through to the proper number, you are in.

Basically, your fingers are too thin at the moment. Try again later.

Try contacting one close to where you live

http://www.army.mod.uk/rlc/regiments/17743.aspx

Or try this number:
"I DO have the correct number"
Well since you did not share your number I do not know IF this one is it?

Telephone: 0800 587 6585

or e-mail:

recruitingoffice@rlc-ta.info

or write to

Recruiting Centre HQ RLC TA

Prince William of Gloucester Barracks

Grantham

Lincs NG31 7TJ

MrTracey said:
Ring on a drill night.....

:)
I don't think RLC TA HQ have drill nights as they are "National TA". The Cottam Report did recommend the abandonment of that term but even so a TA soldier living in the Orkneys would find attendance at drill nights in Grantham an unreasonable commitment.

if i had a local TA I would go along but I live in a really remote area which would involve a 120 mile round trip to a TA centre with a ferry crossing involved. I just posted the thread as i expect more from a national unit. I know its the right number as i have left messages and if they arent recruiting at least someone could tell me and show some professionalism. Too much to ask?

JD150 said:
rapido said:
Bollox. Cos I just tried 2.
You are trying to ring them using a phone right? Pressing the numbers on the tv remote won't get you very far. :frustrated:
(Snigger)

It may not be the phone. You say you live in a remore area.
Are you in fact your own uncle and thus have too many fingers on each hand? Could well be the problem

Im not my own uncle but Im my sisters grandfather, my brothers uncle and daddy 2 too many sheep to count. Phoning is hard when you have three really big fingers but thats offset by having 17 toes.
Anyway I called the crabs and they are gonna send me some stuff instead. Now i better work on learning to read before it arrives

I just called them- they answered first time. The nice lady delt with my enquiry and was very professional. I also live in a very remote area, Shetland. But even my big fingers managed to dial the numbers. Is your phone actually 2 tin cans with string between them?

Bollox I'm National TA based at Grantham & touring out of trade soon! Don't believe the rumour mill, plenty of tour chances & the units are just as cohesive as regional TA there too. If you've found a trade you want to do, drop me a PM & I'll get you the PSI of that Sqns number to ring up.

Latest Threads