Think Bike? Why?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Norfolknchance, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The government's edict to "Think Bike" to try to stop bikers being seriously injured or killed in accidents with cars grips my shit. If bikers started thinking about other road users, there would be fewer accidents.

How many times have you been on a dual carriageway or motorway in the overtaking lanes going at a reasonable speed when some fuxxwit comes hurtling past on your left hand side? Knobbers!

Anyone any views on this matter?

• Bullshit Bullshit x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  2. How many times does some fUckwit in a car pull out in front of a bike without looking? Yes, there are some shite bike riders. But they're not the only problem. Both sets of drivers need to pay a bit more attention!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Some cars you can just ride straight over the top of them, like moving speed ramps :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Doesn't it go "Think once think twice think don't lose your NCB you myopic tw@" ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Having passed my motor bike test at age 38 I was surprised to notice that my general driving and hazard perception improved, without the steel box of a car you are pretty vulnerable, however, I agree that there are some bike riders who are perhaps driving/riding outside the limit of their experience. without casting any fingers of blame, the majority are young pups on jixxers.

6. I have a mate who is a keen biker and keeps going on about "those fcuking idiots who pull out in front of me when I'm doing 150"

1. You are breaking the law by riding at that speed.

2. You were probably a mile away when he started the manoeuvre.

3. You've got brakes haven't you?

Bikers and Cyclists here's a message: You don't own the road, there are other users too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'm not too bothered by motorbikes, or, as I like to call them 'organ donor enablers' but cyclists twist my piles!
    They dress in that ridiculous lycra and look like a badly stuffed black pudding with a very silly looking plastic frisbee on the head, the ride like they are in a race, and traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, left and right side of roads and any road markers are obstacles that they have to avoid or lose the race.And It is still frowned on to gently nudge the back wheel with ones car.

8. msr

msr LE

Car drivers here's a message: That strip of perfectly serviceable tarmac to your left on the motorway is lane 1 and it has been laid for your benefit too.

• Like Like x 6
  9. And your point is? Is lane three reserved for brain dead bikers then? You pay less road tax than me so fcuk orf?

Oh and bikers, That strip of perfectly serviceable tarmac to your left on the motorway is lane 1 and it has been laid for your benefit too.

Numpty

10. 'Sorry mate, I didn't see you'. Happens all the time...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

THANK YOU!!!!!!

There's three lanes on a motorway on average, and the two on the right are for overtaking. When you're done overtaking, p!ss off back to the first lane.

Car drivers - you don't own the road, motorbikes and cyclists have as much right to use the tarmac as you do, they take up less space, don't clog up the traffic and are a lot less polluting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Actually, I don't think cyclists do have the same right to the road. No tax, no insurance, no licence.

13. So they get to use the pavement, which is illegal, so the road it is, according to Plod.

14. Having started this thread, I agree with the comments made so far by Arrsers but would like to stress that I agree that it's not all bikers who think they own the road. Likewise, there are some "tools" in cars who shouldn't be allowed out in a Dinky toy. I've found that many (not all) who drive Chelsea tractors (4x4s in essence) are arrogant twats who like to think those who are in smaller vehicles (including bikes and pedal cycles) should make way for them.