Things You wish for

Lid140

Clanker
Oh alright then, but the fact that a serving soldier is arguing against his way of life and a civvy against his, does that not prove 'the grass is always greener?'. Anyway, got to go, i'm due to leave for work. I do 12 hour night shifts (15 if you include travelling) so that's a 75 hour week. Apart from active service which, granted, I do not have to worry about, how many hours does the average soldier work? All the best mate! :thumright:

FFS.

Sign Back up then.

And btw, I was just pointing out that there are misconceptions about army life, pay and housing etc..

civy street is pretty good imo,as long as you look after no1 and enjoy your chosen career,of course you,ll miss the crack,i.e.unit bars,squaddie humour and doing things that make the average civvy go into shock,but things aren,t too bad on the other side!!!

£1000 a month mortgage!!!fcuking hell!!!you must live in a fcuking mansion mate!

No, Just needed a 3 bedroom house as I have 3 kids, and did not want to bring my kids up in a crap area.

Brads_REME said:
No, Just needed a 3 bedroom house as I have 3 kids, and did not want to bring my kids up in a crap area.
granted i bought my house 10years ago but the mortgage on my 4 bedder is only £300 a month,i suppose you,d pay through the nose in the south east.

Or North Yorkshire (the nice areas), well I did anyway.

Lid140

Clanker
Brads_REME said:
Or North Yorkshire (the nice areas), well I did anyway.
Bloody hell! for £1000 a month in Yorkshire you SHOULD be living in a mansion. Check your interest rate mate... :)

Latest Threads