Things you see while out shopping

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pararegtom, Jul 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Went round to see my sister yesterday, so gave her a call and see if she needed anything at her local supermarket. She did so as I drove in I saw people collecting for the D Day Assoc, I put a few quid in the tin and noticed the lady wearing the GC, having never meet a GC holder I had a quick chat with her, gives her name as Lady Almer Kent. this morning I looked at the GC site no name listed. The chap in the american uniform is wearing both british and american ribbons. They seemed to be having a good time glen millar music in the background and lots of tin shaking. anyone else seen them about?
  2. Even old people can be walts.
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Thought the D Day association disbanded after this years Normandy and one final parade in London

Bet their having fun now with Glem Miller on in the background as they spend your cash in the loacal boozer
  5. from a cached page of the George Cross database....

6. It gets worse

She has now run well over 208 marathons all over the world, including, Chicago, New York, France and more, raising thousands of pounds for charities including the Burma Star Association. That’s over 5,500 sponsored miles. In 1992 at age 75, she did the marathon in 3.50 hours and was awarded the gold medal. She is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the oldest female in the 2005 London Marathon and this year (2008) completed the London marathon in 4 ½ hours! For the past few years she has run the marathon for the King George V Fund for Sailors, which is the seafarer’s charity that she supports in memory of her late husband who served in the Royal Navy.

For the past quarter of a century she has worked as a volunteer from 2pm to 7pm as a 

cleaner, cook and much more for the nuns at the St Mary’s of the Cross Convent near her home, she is also a member of the Order of St Benedictine at the convent. She assists in the children’s ward at her local hospital, helps in her local charity shops, and has been a major fund raiser for the Royal Naval Association in which she is also an associate member; she finds time to deliver free newspapers and to see her extended family.

Her actions have led to many further awards and recognitions. In 2000 she was invited to Buckingham Palace on the 75th anniversary of the King George Fund for the sailor’s charity and she got to cut the cake in the Royal Family’s presence using the late Kings sword. In 2002 to mark her selfless care to others she was granted a rare honour – Freeman of the City of London. In 2005 she was a special guest of the Royal Family for the VE celebrations of 60 years at Buckingham Palace. A chauffer driven car took her there courtesy of the BBC. In that year she was also awarded the George Cross for gallantry. Welcome, Lady Alma Kent, OBE GC. We are honoured to have you join us.

The oldest lady to run the London Marathon was Jenny Wood-Allen aged 90 in 2002 in around 11 and a half hours.

Puttees is right, make the story a good ' seller fiction more like.

7. I donate money by standing order online. When I go out shopping I'm more interested in checking out the fanny wandering around.
  8. That's exactly what Pararegtom did. Hence this thread.
  9. Oh you're so right Puttees you're so right. I bet he got her phone number.

10. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

she,s a spritely 92 moustache no teeth and about 4.6 What more do you need!!!!
  11. So should Pararegtom report them to the Police or someone?

Or are they just walts/liers and not thieves/beggars?
  12. Just your type Tom :lol: :lol: :lol: