Things you never learned but which you wished you had

It’s my wife’s funeral tomorrow, so this afternoon, while son was cleaning the gaff, I decided to iron some shirts for tomorrow - daughter’s at work.
Shirts for self and son, no problems.
When it came to daughter’s blouse, it dawned on me that in all my life I have never had to iron a female’s blouse, nor have I ever learned how to!
Hell’s teeth, there are all sorts of sticky-out pieces - I’m told they are called darts - curvy bits, etc.
Needless to say I made a right horlicks of it, so I’ve handed it off to a neighbour who’s dealing with it.
What a time to discover a learning deficiency.

It’s my wife’s funeral tomorrow, so this afternoon, while son was cleaning the gaff, I decided to iron some shirts for tomorrow - daughter’s at work.
When it came to daughter’s blouse, it dawned on me that in all my life I have never had to iron a female’s blouse, nor have I ever learned how to!
Hell’s teeth, there are all sorts of sticky-out pieces - I’m told they are called darts - curvy bits, etc.
Needless to say I made a right horlicks of it, so I’ve handed it off to a neighbour who’s dealing with it.
No problems with the ironing of female clothing have had years of experience when I despatched Mrs 06 off to work in the clothes I had ironed.

As to what skills I would like to have been taught, how to be a sculptor, if it is something you can be taught, rather than being innate.

Also I would have liked to have learnt how to be a bastard so that I could have been a back stabber like many of my contemporaries.

Hope it all goes as well as it can tomorrow, see you later in the year.

No problems with the ironing of female clothing have had years of experience when I despatched Mrs 06 off to work in the clothes I had ironed.

As to what skills I would like to have been taught, how to be a sculptor, if it is something you can be taught, rather than being innate.

Also I would have liked to have learnt how to be a bastard so that I could have been a back stabber like many of my contemporaries.

Hope it all goes as well as it can tomorrow, see you later in the year.
Sculptor? Ask Rosebud.

Issi

LE
An absolutely pointless skill, but wish I could have learnt more German, or kept if up when I left.

Thinking of you tomorrow mate

The older I get I realise the less I actually know.

Hope it goes as well as can be.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I was nearly in the same place as you
I shall be thinking of you tomorrow
ps one thing I learnt while the other half was in hospital ,was to ask on you tube
all sorts of useful hacks and tips
but for womens clothing i tend to use a dry cleaner

I wish I'd learnt to know what to say in difficult social situations.

Thoughts are with you for tomorrow poo face.

Nope, still not quite got the hang of it.

Oyibo

LE
Thoughts are with you and your family today @Trackpen .