Things you never hear on TOA

Here's a few:

'I tell you what, even though they have got the old Brigade flash on, those maps will be fine. Let's not waste any paper'.

'You know, the previous Brigade had this fairly swept up, there's no need to change that FRAGO'.

'Those old notice boards are OK where they are'.

'The office is bound to get dirty, let's not spend too much time tidying up'.

'It will be a real ball ache re-arranging the Ops room'.

'Those new TA watchkeepers are great!'

'The INSTUM format is fine'.

Any more for any more?

Sounds very familiar!

Were any of those Brigade symbols either a green triangle with a 1, or a black rat per chance? :roll:

Somthing to do with the formation of new units????

"It's only grass...Of course you can walk on it"

"Intelligence suggests that the previous Bde did a Sterling job and all of the nasty men have gone home. Op tour has been shortend so everyone go and get a sun tan quick"

No the roads do not need sweeping again

:p

AF1771 said:
No the roads do not need sweeping again

:p
along the same line......

'Prince Charles will realise we're in the middle of the desert, we will not sweep the roads'

"The new unit will be fully staffed, fully equipt with brand new, working equipment"

There's a pig.......

How about...

"No it's alright, we won't move all the equipment, desks, computers, filing cabinets, chairs and the entire world down the corridor so that we will be in close proximity to G3. That would be silly!"

:x

Everything is fine where it is!

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
CrapSpy said:
Transfer of Authority

Prepares for wah.
No wah, I genuinely didn't know. I've always just called them handovers! Then again, G2 never has much authority to transfer!!!!
Handover? Are we back to the Mortar Platoon again?

Transfer of Authority seems a very "Hi, call me Tony :D " sort of way of saying handover though.

cpunk

LE
'TOA' is a very wanky G3 kind of phrase... the G3 types get very serious about it and it's often followed by a visit to a nearby alcohol dispensary for conversations which go a bit like this. You have to imagine typical infantry officer, minor public school voices:

'Guys, I think we can say we did a fücking good job'

'Damn right!'

'Yeah, but I just can't see these clowns [referring to the new div/bde to whom they've just TOA'd] getting it right'

'Yeah, I was talking to their G2 and he didn't have a fücking dolly...'

'The COS is a t0sser too'

'Yah'

'The whole place is going to go t1ts up...'

About three hours later, after several more beers have been necked, they'll all be bezzering the slightly overweight Scottish RLC SO3 G4 who has just finished doing a proper handover to his successor and is p1ssed off to discover all the other SO3s are already sh1tfaced. It's pretty much a standard script.

cpunk said:
'TOA' is a very wanky G3 kind of phrase... the G3 types get very serious about it and it's often followed by a visit to a nearby alcohol dispensary for conversations which go a bit like this. You have to imagine typical infantry officer, minor public school voices:

'Guys, I think we can say we did a fücking good job'

'Damn right!'

'Yeah, but I just can't see these clowns [referring to the new div/bde to whom they've just TOA'd] getting it right'

'Yeah, I was talking to their G2 and he didn't have a fücking dolly...'

'The COS is a t0sser too'

'Yah'

'The whole place is going to go t1ts up...'

About three hours later, after several more beers have been necked, they'll all be bezzering the slightly overweight Scottish RLC SO3 G4 who has just finished doing a proper handover to his successor and is p1ssed off to discover all the other SO3s are already sh1tfaced. It's pretty much a standard script.
Very bitter post!!!! But also one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

It does raise 2 points though:

1. You forgot the incoming formation G2/G3 thrusters saying how crap the outgoing guys were.

and

2. Are you a transferee from the RLC?!!!!!!!!!