Things you hear from civvys that make you laugh

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 2/51, Dec 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Long story short, two young lads talking about their grandfathers during WW2...

One had been a Royal Marine in the Somme!

The other had been captured by the Russians and held in Colditz, and later flew a hang glider out the window made of bed sheets!

There was also the story of taking photos of Hitler for the secret service.

But the one that cracked me up was one of them was apparantly shot in the chest, but the bullet hit his cigrette case. We have all heard that one, but there was a twist...the bullet then ricochet up, through his chin and blew his brains out!

By this time I was biting on my pint glass trying not to laugh.
  2. "I've been working hard all day!" Cracks me up every time.
  3. Royal Marines fought on the Somme and other fronts.
    Royal Naval Division and Royal Marine Light Infantry were used as land forces in the trenches

Ah, here you go:
    The Royal Marine Light Infantry
    • Like Like x 1
  4. In WW2?
  5. I think you are correct however....

6. smartascarrots - I'm a civvy, still here in the office at 16:55, the Sgt I sit opposite left to go home for the weekend at half ten this morning. not every civvy is a work shy cnut. wait a minute I'm reading this stupid thread ............ I retract everything i have just said.
    • Like Like x 6

7. You've got it arrse about face. The lazy git is laughing because civvies actually have to work hard.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fair comment. Missed that.

But it's possible their grandfathers served in both wars, many did.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'm a civvy now, and nothing I say is ever funny. Mind you, it's only been a month, maybe I'll get funnier.
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The evidence of the last ten years doesn't point to it I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Re-name this thread, 'Ignorance about recent history that makes you cry' and you might be on to something.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I used to like you :hug:
  13. They reckon about 250,000 under age soldiers joined up in WW1. Even even you allow for those killed or seriously wounded that's still a good dozen Battalions or so worth that could have fought in WW2