Things you have not had for years excluding sex

endure

GCM
You might want to start in a gym. Fit chicks are everywhere if you know where to look.
Now if you want the females that are easiest to bed, I would try the Liberal College chicks.

But if you really want to get the hot chicks, you need to be ugly like me. The nice looking females love the low maintenance guys that won't look better then them ever. Being a caveman has it's perks, because no women wants to a bloke who takes longer then her to get ready.

I thougt that yanks were realistic and pragmatic not major wishful thinkers :mrgreen:

PFGEN

GCM
It's back! And it's now called Krakatoa foam.

See Krakatoa Foam, the new Creamola foam! By Scottish Retro Sweets

Glaswegian junkies are snorting this stuff so get it while there's some left.

IMG_6508.jpg

Iron Brew flavoured Creamola foam, I'm having some of that. Lot of childhood memories on that site; mint cracknel, Coulter's candy, Berwick cockles and Oddfellows. Time to bang in an order.

I can remember when Wall's/Lyons Maid ice cream could be bought paper wrapped in small block and cylinder shapes. The cylinder shaped ones could be put in a cone made to its shape or an oblong shaped cone for the small blocks (if that makes sense). Alternatively, the small blocks could be placed between two flat wafers (called a slider).

1614692896768.png

There used to be large papier mache versions of the cones stood outside sweet shops.

This must have been before Cornettos and before soft serve ice cream from machines became popular. (I understand that the then young food chemist, Margaret Thatcher had a hand in squirty ice cream).

In addition to Walls and Lyons Maid, you could get El Dorado, Neilson's and Midland Counties (all also owned by J. Lyons) ice cream, although these were not so universally available and the names eventually disappeared.

TamH70

MIA
Whatever good shit they use to knock you out for operations, colonoscopies and the like.

I can remember when Wall's/Lyons Maid ice cream could be bought paper wrapped in small block and cylinder shapes. The cylinder shaped ones could be put in a cone made to its shape or an oblong shaped cone for the small blocks (if that makes sense). Alternatively, the small blocks could be placed between two flat wafers (called a slider).

View attachment 553855
There used to be large papier mache versions of the cones stood outside sweet shops.

This must have been before Cornettos and before soft serve ice cream from machines became popular. (I understand that the then young food chemist, Margaret Thatcher had a hand in squirty ice cream).

In addition to Walls and Lyons Maid, you could get El Dorado, Neilson's and Midland Counties (all also owned by J. Lyons) ice cream, although these were not so universally available and the names eventually disappeared.

Certainly remember the paper-wrapped ice creams. You could get them in Woolworths, as well as the garishly-coloured fizzy drinks which you drank through a waxed straw.

I thought Lyons was the ice cream manufacturer and Lyons Maid was a type of ice lolly?

TamH70

MIA
Certainly remember the paper-wrapped ice creams. You could get them in Woolworths, as well as the garishly-coloured fizzy drinks which you drank through a waxed straw.

I thought Lyons was the ice cream manufacturer and Lyons Maid was a type of ice lolly?

That may have been the case originally, but I'm pretty sure that Lyons Maid spread out to be the name of the whole brand.

Wikipedia sort of agrees with me, I think.

That may have been the case originally, but I'm pretty sure that Lyons Maid spread out to be the name of the whole brand.

Wikipedia sort of agrees with me, I think.

Yes, a check online shows that my memory was faulty! Apologies to those whose little grey cells are working properly!

Another thought about lollipops; didn't someone make lollies connected with the Dan Dare series? I seem to remember a bright green Mekon lolly!

Pobs.

Did anybody else have pobs ?

Sliced white bread buttered, then cut into cubes, place in bowl, sprinkle with sugar, then pour hot milk over.
Growing up in a Polish household (in London in the sixties/seventies) your standard, anaemic, factory-produced, square cross-section, sliced white was not actually recognised as real bread when I was a kid. :)
It was only rendered palatable by toasting.

Edited to add: However there was a pretty amazing Greek Cypriot bakery not far away and their large round crusty white loaves (sometimes with sesame seeds embedded in the crust) were amazing. Haven't had one of them for ages.

Last edited:

Latest Threads