Things you have no use for, but still want.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I know, it's the Sousaphone that got me too.

I would have put "trombone" but I know someone would end up linking it to a sexual practice by the same name.
I suppose it would make this site quieter for a while as everyone would be off to the middle aisle of Lidl and getting quite disappointed.

RedDinger

War Hero
Ironically, at home we have always referred to the centre aisle of Lidl (and Aldi) as the ‘chainsaw department’.
I bought a chainsaw to dispose of a relatively small tree in my garden. I felt like a lumberjack using it.

Of course, its now been in the garage gathering dust for a few years. But its there should I ever grow another tree to cut down.

I bought a chainsaw to dispose of a relatively small tree in my garden. I felt like a lumberjack using it.

Of course, its now been in the garage gathering dust for a few years. But its there should I ever grow another tree to cut down.
Just roam the country roads and slice and dice any tree that looks like it will fall, down, free fuel and the landowner will thank you for saving him/her/it a job.

Daz

LE
I would have put "trombone" but I know someone would end up linking it to a sexual practice by the same name.
I suppose it would make this site quieter for a while as everyone would be off to the middle aisle of Lidl and getting quite disappointed.
Not in Wales their not, the middle aisles are all sealed up.....the bastards

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not in Wales their not, the middle aisles are all sealed up.....the bastards

you'll have to go elsewhere for your 'trombones'

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Where's your application of the Rule of P's man. The farsighted among us aquired a Boxheid socket for installation in workshop before departing the Fatherland...
View attachment 555470

JB

when 4 AFA came back to UK from Germany they packed everything on camp.
Everything.

one truck arrived with 'the Minden stones' it clearly stated on one (two?) that these stones mark the site of the battle of Minden. They ended up in Aldershot, which I believe was nowhere near the battle of Minden.

There was a couple of iso containers with everything (bar the kids and teachers) from the school, chalkboards, worn out carpets etc

we found a couple of MFO boxes of German plugs and sockets. I'm surprised they left the glass in the windows. It made pikeys look like amateurs.

I once bought a LIDL special hedge trimmer from the centre aisle, at our last home. The hedge was growing very unruly.
What an enjoyable experience it ws yielding the mini chainsaw and dispensing topiary justice to the offending fauna.
After multiple bouts of "I'll just go out and finish off this bit I've left..." etc - I believe I created possibly the world's first hedge bonsai!

RedDinger

War Hero
Just roam the country roads and slice and dice any tree that looks like it will fall, down, free fuel and the landowner will thank you for saving him/her/it a job.
I don't have time. I've got far too many other things I've used once to look at.

Does anyone have any advice on how I convince SWMBO that I did need this stuff? She always disputes it.

Alas it's not an early one with the fancy aluminium stand, but no bother. Yours looks immaculate!

Deep hankering for a DSG - although may need a bigger house! Think they'd let me keep it in the mess?

That isn't mine, unfortunately - I pinched the photo off the net.

.....Does anyone have any advice on how I convince SWMBO that I did need this stuff? She always disputes it.

FWIW I wouldn't even try. There's a good counter-argument about pairs of shoes or different types of shampoo but it never works, and usually makes things worse.

I mean I go to Lidl’s now and again and you can get three for the price of one, in the plumbing section

Latest Threads