Things you have no use for, but still want.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm still obsessed with lightweight solutions for all round weather protection outdoors and for travel - style Sleeka, Sarma TST loft, lightweight wind jackets, bodywarmers, vests....
Mostly irrelevant in view of my now fairly sedentary lifestyle and my work issuing good coats virtually every couple of years - not to mention Israel not being particularly cold anyway.
Fortunately I am able to make do with just ogling the web pages but this 215 gm Sarma wind jacket was just too much temptation.
On the way I discovered that Decathlon have incredibly warm and lightweight coats for 30 quid, don't know how robust they are.
, View attachment 555351
I bought an Austrian winter jacket from them - looks a bit too warm unless you're stagging on, still good to have in case I have to stand around in the deep winter for hours on end eh?

ACAB

LE
I used to collect Tropical Fish before I joined the Army.

I often lost hours just watching them swimming around in their tank.

1615159736159.png

I had a great monocular and used it all the time in Afghanistan. Last seen travelling at about 100mph skywards.

View attachment 555349(it wasn’t this, pic for reference).
I have one. I have no binocular vision and a heavy squint, to the point that the tears from my right eye roll down my back when I cry.

I inherited a pair of good binos from my dad, gave them to a mate and bought myself a monocular.

Invaluable on the boat.

Issi

LE
I’ve got one of Ray Mears’ books.

I need everything in it.
Knives, compasses, snow axes, Rhodesian desert kettles ( I made that one up).
Not needed for mooching around the Gower, but it’s just stuff that looks cool.

Hohenidoom

Old-Salt
Oh yes! I always wanted a decent Myford. I would have used it seriously about three times in the past 40 years, but that's not the point is it?

View attachment 555358

Alas it's not an early one with the fancy aluminium stand, but no bother. Yours looks immaculate!

Deep hankering for a DSG - although may need a bigger house! Think they'd let me keep it in the mess?

Do other blokes have a drawer containing bits of string, masking tape, old receipts, compo can openers, at least one small pen knife and a double ended screwdriver?

Or is it just me?

TamH70

MIA
It's a bloke thing. I've got more torches than I can shake a shitty stick at. It's not as if I'm going to need 2 bazillion candela. Doesn't stop me looking for a bigger and brighter one though.
I only have 3, a single cell, in a bracket clipped to the front of my hi-vis,
20210308_002436.jpg

A double cell for searching undergrowth beside the carriageway
20210308_002418.jpg

And a head torch for putting lane closures out at night.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Do other blokes have a drawer containing bits of string, masking tape, old receipts, compo can openers, at least one small pen knife and a double ended screwdriver?

Or is it just me?

That’s not a complete ‘man drawer’, but it’s a start.

I'm still obsessed with lightweight solutions for all round weather protection outdoors and for travel - style Sleeka, Sarma TST loft, lightweight wind jackets, bodywarmers, vests....
Mostly irrelevant in view of my now fairly sedentary lifestyle and my work issuing good coats virtually every couple of years - not to mention Israel not being particularly cold anyway.
Fortunately I am able to make do with just ogling the web pages but this 215 gm Sarma wind jacket was just too much temptation. Do you think it will make my paunch look big?

On the way I discovered that Decathlon have incredibly warm and lightweight coats for 30 quid, don't know how robust they are.
, View attachment 555351

I spent a small fortune on lightweight camping stuff so I could replace the space/weight with cans of lager.
24 Cans in my 100l rucksack was a particularly tough walk but it was worth it for 4 nights fishing and camping on a remote peninsular.

In general.

8888.PNG

Was my dads.
The number of "Boche" I killed with it when young (sigh).

dingerr specific;
Capture.PNG   7777.PNG