Things you don't get ....... but everyone else does

TamH70

MIA
Coming up next - which pinnies are better, frilly or pink?
1632502902221.jpeg

I throw all my dirty dishes in the small plastic bowl add a dribble (just a dribble) of Aldi own brand Fairy (other discount shops available i.e. Range, B&M, 99P & Lidl etc) but no water.

Place the bowl outside the kitchen window under the water butt over flow. (Due to the high rain fall here the water butt is always overflowing), leave for a few hours and they self clean.

I dry them on the washing line by pegging them out and if it is raining then they receive a rinse.

The only down side is that the pegs are cr*p and the dishes fall on the floor.

On the plus side I don't have to stack the dishes that get broken and I have an interesting mix and match Dinner Set.

Dish Washers I sh1t them.

Why over complicate things.

I throw all my dirty dishes in the small plastic bowl add a dribble (just a dribble) of Aldi own brand Fairy (other discount shops available i.e. Range, B&M, 99P & Lidl etc) but no water.

Place the bowl outside the kitchen window under the water butt over flow. (Due to the high rain fall here the water butt is always overflowing), leave for a few hours and they self clean.

I dry them on the washing line by pegging them out and if it is raining then they receive a rinse.

The only down side is that the pegs are cr*p and the dishes fall on the floor.

On the plus side I don't have to stack the dishes that get broken and I have an interesting mix and match Dinner Set.

Dish Washers I sh1t them.

Why over complicate things.
Role model if ever I saw one.

Issi

LE
A friend on a metered supply decided to save money and the environment by hand washing his dishes. He gave up when he realised he was using more water not less.
I met a tit who point blank refused to recycle anything, as he was on a meter and wouldn’t spend money/water on washing old jars, bottles etc.

My suggestion that he washed them in the sink after he’d done the washing up left him baffled.

I met a tit who point blank refused to recycle anything, as he was on a meter and wouldn’t spend money/water on washing old jars, bottles etc.

My suggestion that he washed them in the sink after he’d done the washing up left him baffled.
Why would you wash them? Lid on and off into the glass container. They want the glass, let them clean it (Which they will anyway, no matter how diligently you rinsed it.)

Why would you wash them? Lid on and off into the glass container. They want the glass, let them clean it (Which they will anyway, no matter how diligently you rinsed it.)
I sometimes wonder if all the rubbish ends up in landfill regardless of which colour of bin we put it in.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I sometimes wonder if all the rubbish ends up in landfill regardless of which colour of bin we put it in.

A couple of decades ago there was a wee bit of local upset when it was discovered in Orkney that all the paper and cardboard that was collected for "recycling" was being used to start the incinerator!

Yokel

LE
A couple of decades ago there was a wee bit of local upset when it was discovered in Orkney that all the paper and cardboard that was collected for "recycling" was being used to start the incinerator!

Not so much recycling as reusing! It saved on landfill, and provided biomass to get the incinerator going without Carbon based fuels, and saved the energy coasts of transporting it to the mainland, so what was the issue?

No quite what it says on the tin - though!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
You just waste a lot of water.
It's a precious commodity.
In the UK ?
That's like wasting sand in the Sahara.

In the course of my job, yes and yes. Bloody bane of my life.

Takes several goes, in an industrial dishwasher.
101 Egg sucking , lecturer Grandma..but have you got time/space to use a bain marie?
(if it's a known,regular order, such as a breakfast buffet, Buffalo do some electric soup vessels that might work well?) .
At home, i let the oats soak in the bowl for a bit & use the popity-ping. Or even ready-brek ;)

Ours is a small site, so even on a Sunday we tend to not do much more than 100 breakfasts, so pretty much everything is cooked to order. We have beans, mushrooms and sausages held in a bain Marie, and that's it.

Latest Threads