Things you don't get ....... but everyone else does

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I know.

*sigh*

One is attempting to teach Year 9s whilst the other is prosecuting them a few years later.
Won’t be any better as a teacher. I have routinely answered calls in the Bursary complaining about an absence of mugs & had to suggest classroom staff tried checking the dishwasher.

The concept of teachers loading dishwasher was unheard of. One did try once then ran the thing, but put all the mugs in drinking end uppermost as I discovered next morning when opening the machine & being soaked by a gallon of cold dishwasher water when the receptacles fell over…

Just asking why have a sink?

Because, youre esposed to rinse the dishes and pots before you put them in the dishwasher.

Also, cleaning the d/w filter monthly helps the machine run smoothly and uses less water.

Our watered isnt metered, but its my little bit of environmental awareness.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Things I don't get - dishwashers! If you have to rinse or scrub the crud off first, surely it would only take five minutes to finish the fecking job yourself, and free up space in the kitchen

Last edited:
I know - but some how Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard saying “tea, Earl Grey...” to the replicator made it nearly as cool as Sean Connery saying “Bond, James Bond”.

Okay, maybe I am just a geek…
Always wondered why Capt Picard liked tea during his downtime on the Enterprise. His character was supposed to be of French stock; in fact, he was shown as ending his days tending the family vines in France in the last episode of Star Trek-TNG "All Good Things". I would have thought coffee would have been his go-to drink.

picard-50-shades-of-earl-grey.jpg

Always wondered why Capt Picard liked tea during his downtime on the Enterprise. His character was supposed to be of French stock; in fact, he was shown as ending his days tending the family vines in France in the last episode of Star Trek-TNG "All Good Things". I would have thought coffee would have been his go-to drink.

View attachment 606110

Personally I thought it was a master stroke, having a classical English actor (Patrick Stewart) playing a Frog :)

Personally I thought it was a master stroke, having a classical English actor (Patrick Stewart) playing a Frog :)
Maybe he couldn't manage the Gaulois tab dangling insouciantly from his lower lip. ;-)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Saves water and power.
Also, unless I really balls up the cooking, the pans aren't crusted.
I take it you have a large household and don't cook scrambled eggs or porridge :)

Because, youre esposed to rinse the dishes and pots before you put them in the dishwasher.

Also, cleaning the d/w filter monthly helps the machine run smoothly and uses less water.

Our watered isnt metered, but its my little bit of environmental awareness.
I’m our dish washer have been for many years and still reckon I use less water. We haven’t invested in one.

I’m our dish washer have been for many years and still reckon I use less water. We haven’t invested in one.
A friend on a metered supply decided to save money and the environment by hand washing his dishes. He gave up when he realised he was using more water not less.

Latest Threads