Things you don't get ....... but everyone else does

Got a couple of other names but they may be company specific. I know Divella have a longer variety they call rosmarino. Also pignolina and seme de cicora or seme de melone. Perhaps the hard of thinking have missed a few tricks when ordering online.

Arrsers would love the crowds of drunken ladies shrieking in the pubs and bars, losing their shoes and puking in the gutters.

You can't buy class like that.
My son lives in Ascot. You’ve just described race days to a tee. Except mot “ladies” I’ve seen re carrying their shoes.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My son lives in Ascot. You’ve just described race days to a tee. Except mot “ladies” I’ve seen re carrying their shoes.
I used to go every year to Ascot. Never drunk, never lost my shoes or decorum. Stopped going after the meeting where the drunk student ran into a horse as they were coming to the finishing line. Too crowded, too many drunks, too many people proving you can dress 'em up but you shouldn't let 'em out. It wasn't a pleasant day out any more.

I used to go every year to Ascot. Never drunk, never lost my shoes or decorum. Stopped going after the meeting where the drunk student ran into a horse as they were coming to the finishing line. Too crowded, too many drunks, too many people proving you can dress 'em up but you shouldn't let 'em out. It wasn't a pleasant day out any more.
My son goes once a year as there is a “families“ day where locals get free entry. Says it’s OK.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My son goes once a year as there is a “families“ day where locals get free entry. Says it’s OK.
Perhaps I should avoid Ladies' Day in future. It seems to attract more riffraff because they can say they were in the same square mile as Her Majesty.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
Only whilst Playing MW2 Remastered (after playing 1000+ hrs on MW2) did I realise Whiskey hotel stands for White House, I just thought it was a random location with a random callsign. Feel a bit of a tit now, although I feel I do know where the safe is in the Oval room and exactly what "Hammer down" means. Story makes a lot more sense now.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I never understand the way some people seem to reject all new developments and progress because "it was different in the good old days". Similarly the modern curse of change for the sake out change, without any attempt to investigate possible consequences.

People think knowing nothing about something makes them experts and be confident of their own ideas.
Oh come now, “ignorance is bliss” as they say in some parts.

roninxix

War Hero
Perhaps I should avoid Ladies' Day in future. It seems to attract more riffraff because they can say they were in the same square mile as Her Majesty.
You should see “ladies” day at Redcar racecourse. There are no words to describe the attendees.

Last time I was at redcar we had two horses running and having just moved back from the Isle of Man, my manx wife was quite keen on seeing the north east. !!!!.
An aircon on ,hot summers day until 3 miles off the course. Then cold sea harr (( or frett), at the course.
Not that a bit of cold was going to deter the “ ladies” from their pleasure !.
Best dressing up was basically hot weather nightclub skimpy/ spangally.The better to show off the tats, Some impressivly large and obviously home done. ( one big lass had a 5 by 4” on her upper arm of middlsborogh fc’s badge, home carved which sticks in the memory..
The football club were in attendance that day and took it in good part as they kept peeling off a succession of large and increasingly pissed units who kept trying to stick their fannys to the side of a footballers leg !!!.
opened mrs bombers eyes a biti can tell you.
All done with raucous good humour though in the most part.

Last time I was at redcar we had two horses running and having just moved back from the Isle of Man, my manx wife was quite keen on seeing the north east. !!!!.
An aircon on ,hot summers day until 3 miles off the course. Then cold sea harr (( or frett), at the course.
Not that a bit of cold was going to deter the “ ladies” from their pleasure !.
Best dressing up was basically hot weather nightclub skimpy/ spangally.The better to show off the tats, Some impressivly large and obviously home done. ( one big lass had a 5 by 4” on her upper arm of middlsborogh fc’s badge, home carved which sticks in the memory..
The football club were in attendance that day and took it in good part as they kept peeling off a succession of large and increasingly pissed units who kept trying to stick their fannys to the side of a footballers leg !!!.
opened mrs bombers eyes a biti can tell you.
All done with raucous good humour though in the most part.
I recall a daily heil or express report - some spangled up bint... with ankle tag suitably adorned with bling.

Dressing up to go shooting I’ve never really got.
ive got a couple of old shooting jackets ( one is an old Beaufort for when it’s pissing down) and I have an old Dennison look alike for stalking. But I’ve never really got the £1500 look of brogues and red tab socks from the knees down, and looking like an Edwardian bookies runner from the knees up.
Rifles aren’t immune either. I once went to pick up some kit from the range warden at. Diggle.
As we were loading up the car, a group who had been shooting ( I believe it was called “ practical military rifle “) hove into view down the track.
That they were carrying No4’s and Mausers was not remarkable, what was was that most looked like extras from carry on sergeant or dads army.
They must have spent hours the night before cleaning and blancoing their
kit before lieing in the crap for an hour.

all very odd to me.

Described as lacking the filter of 3 M's
No mum
No mirror
No mates

We had some friends (Well...my wife's friend and her strange brummy boyfriend) come out to Germany for a visit a couple of years ago just around Christmas time. We did a few Christmas markets and local towns, then on Saturday evening we were going to head out to a restaurant. We went through the various local options, some of which are quite good really for a small town, then asked them what they fancied. The boyfriend asked, without any sense of irony, if there was a good Indian nearby? 'Kin heathen.
Every time I go over to Germany on business we stay in the same large town. Each evening we discuss where we're eating that night, and we nearly always end up in the Argentinian Steak Restaurant, the Greek Taverna, the Italian or the little funky Turkish Gyros place just around the corner.

The only real classy German place is mediocre at best and has nothing on the menu that could be described as German. It's all rather disappointing.

However one of the hotels in town does fantastic local food for guests.
What's missing in the latest menu is the tasty Grünkohl, which was a favourite of mine.

1591530205973.png

Latest Threads