Things you don't get ....... but everyone else does

daz

LE

morsk

LE
A warning, Toulouse itself is dog shit central, eyes down when navigating the streets.
Walking in Paris is like playing Minesweeper too

ETA. Paris. What the Jeebus is the attraction? People flock there by the bucket full. I just don't get it.

Kirkz

LE
I reckon you were had there. Paella should contain Chorizo sausage, prawns, mussels, scallops, crab or lobster, chicken, red and green peppers, tomatoes, saffron, spices and rice.

All of which sounds a fcuk sight better than what you had.
Nope, anything you have to pick shells out of isn't worth eating.
I was content with egg and pig plus there are plenty of other dishes to savour like prawn pil pil and Pulpo.
You can shove that savoury rice pudding with crunchy bits where the sun don't shine.

Nope, anything you have to pick shells out of isn't worth eating.
I was content with egg and pig plus there are plenty of other dishes to savour like prawn pil pil and Pulpo.
You can shove that savoury rice pudding with crunchy bits where the sun don't shine.
Mrs S shucks and peels all that off before she serves it.

Hence, no crunchy bits. Its Yum.

Kirkz

LE
Mrs S shucks and peels all that off before she serves it.

Hence, no crunchy bits. Its Yum.
It would be a very sad world if we were all the same.
You like it, I don't
Live with it.

Kirkz

LE
I make an awesome paella. By leaving out all the fishy crap.
I'd leave the rice out too and may be have chips with the chorizo and bacon.

Issi

War Hero
Cornwall.
Some pretty villages surrounded by nothingness.
Dead and damp for 10 months of the year, full of double glazing salesmen from middle England, with their ever so original VW camper vans for the remaining few weeks.

A warning, Toulouse itself is dog shit central, eyes down when navigating the streets.
It was 10 years ago - its a lot better now

If you are currently Toulouse based then-
1) If you think its dog shit central now - consider how bad it was if I think its a lot better.
2) Fancy a pint

Kirkz

LE

ETA. Paris. What the Jeebus is the attraction? People flock there by the bucket full. I just don't get it.
Paris is for lovers.
That's because they spend most of their time in their room and never really see what a shithole it is.

Parmesan has it's uses, and Wasabi is brilliant you big girl.
I may well be a big girl. That's a separate issue.
But back on topic, Wasabi taste how I imagine creosote would.
And what are Parmesan's uses? To act as the '4D' effect in an IMAX cinema when the film shows seasick sailors vomiting?

Went to a friends place in the French Pyrenees last year. Idyllic mountain village, stank of dogshit. It was everywhere.

I may well be a big girl. That's a separate issue.
But back on topic, Wasabi taste how I imagine creosote would.
And what are Parmesan's uses? To act as the '4D' effect in an IMAX cinema when the film shows seasick sailors vomiting?
That'd be 5D. The first 4 D's are already taken care of unless you're looking at a 3D slideshow.

I went to visit my relatives in Spain on the costa del sol.
Arrived at their villa and was asked if I wanted something to eat, I said yes expecting something typically Spanish, I got bacon and eggs.
I’ve read on, and thought that was going to lead to a ‘huevos y bacon’ link and shout the magic ‘Walt’!, beloved of many on here.
@AsterixTG may disagree, but I was amused for about a minute.

I'd leave the rice out too and may be have chips with the chorizo and bacon.
Places (eateries) that say they don’t do chips. Chips as a foodstuff must be the most recognisable thing on the planet. But they don’t to them. That means ‘won’t’ and is twaddle.
There used to a pub in Chester years ago that ‘famously’ wouldn’t do them. Wankers. I’m not that well-travelled but I think most parts of the world have potatoes and friers.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Places (eateries) that say they don’t do chips. Chips as a foodstuff must be the most recognisable thing on the planet. But they don’t to them. That means ‘won’t’ and is twaddle.
There used to a pub in Chester years ago that ‘famously’ wouldn’t do them. *******. I’m not that well-travelled but I think most parts of the world have potatoes and friers.
Be careful what you wish for. Next time you go, they'll have invented some poncey way to do fried potatoes, and called them "drizzle au starch" or something and charge you 25 quid a pop and serve them in a child's potty. Or something.

@theoriginalphantom

I've known a couple of pubs that are too posh to do chips (with one even being as ridiculous to do them, but only with fish). Both struggled and eventually had to relent and give the punters what they wanted. I think it took a change of ownership for one of them.

There used to a pub in Chester years ago that ‘famously’ wouldn’t do them. *******. I’m not that well-travelled but I think most parts of the world have potatoes and friers.
Chester is up it's own arse, mainly because all the scousers and mancunians that wouldn't be seen dead going out in their own city, descend on Chester because so many millionaires living in surrounding villages

The best bit about Chester is that it doesn't have the junkies, deprivation or pigeon shouters of Wrexham, but for a night out it's pretentious and up itself, but people flock to it on the off chance of seeing some Z list celebrity

Latest Threads