Things you don't get ....... but everyone else does

We had some friends (Well...my wife's friend and her strange brummy boyfriend) come out to Germany for a visit a couple of years ago just around Christmas time. We did a few Christmas markets and local towns, then on Saturday evening we were going to head out to a restaurant. We went through the various local options, some of which are quite good really for a small town, then asked them what they fancied. The boyfriend asked, without any sense of irony, if there was a good Indian nearby? 'Kin heathen.
30 odd years ago when I was living in the Schwarzwald, I found an Indian in a place called Durlach near Karlsruhe. It was shite. Really bland. The owner clocked me talking English to my girlfriend and stopped me as I was leaving. He told me to make myself known the next time I was in and he’d make it for us “English” style instead of ”German” style.

Many years ago, and after an epic night drinking a bar dry with a random couple we'd met, then drinking all the alcohol they had plus everything we had, we got up in the morning and located the nearest Portuguese equivalent of a greasy spoon. It may have saved lives.
Never mind that shite-did you fuck each other into a comatose state?

We had some friends (Well...my wife's friend and her strange brummy boyfriend) come out to Germany for a visit a couple of years ago just around Christmas time. We did a few Christmas markets and local towns, then on Saturday evening we were going to head out to a restaurant. We went through the various local options, some of which are quite good really for a small town, then asked them what they fancied. The boyfriend asked, without any sense of irony, if there was a good Indian nearby? 'Kin heathen.
‘Strange’ and ‘Brunmy’ are a bit of a tautology.

ericferret

War Hero
People who go abroad and then spend it in a fake British pub. Might as well stop at home.

Not always the case, went for a beer in the Frog and Rosbif in Toulouse. Has it's own microbrewery brewing
English beer. Recommended.

A warning, Toulouse itself is dog shit central, eyes down when navigating the streets.

Reminded by the albums thread - Tommy by The Who.

I like The Who - Quadrophenia, Who's Next and Who Are You are all great albums. The earlier stuff is also generally pretty good.

With that said I can't view Tommy as anything other than Pete Townshend being allowed to be as self-indulgent as he wanted. There's a couple of good songs on there (Pinball Wizard and The Acid Queen stand out) but there's a lot of nonsense as well.
I particularly liked Smash The Mirror from, that album. Just as ort of grungy, thrash vibe too it.

Reminded by the albums thread - Tommy by The Who.

I like The Who - Quadrophenia, Who's Next and Who Are You are all great albums. The earlier stuff is also generally pretty good.

With that said I can't view Tommy as anything other than Pete Townshend being allowed to be as self-indulgent as he wanted. There's a couple of good songs on there (Pinball Wizard and The Acid Queen stand out) but there's a lot of nonsense as well.
Ann-Margret

Baked beans

Parmesan Cheese. Dry as a Pharoah's sock and has the wonderful aroma of vomit.

Wasabi. Just faharkin eye-watering, nose streaming 'orrible. No further explanation needed.

Raw fish. Meant only for cats, seabirds and bigger fish. Not for yuman beans!

Drag 'Artists'.

Communism. Thought of as a good idea only by those who have never HAD TO leave under it.

Women who remove all their eyebrows. Then draw them back on with a sharpie/pencil/crayon.

Rant over.

It's ok with pasta, but never ever after a a drunken night out, reheat a pizza in the microwave and sprinkle paresan cheese on top, then it really does smell like vomit

You only make that mistake once

It's ok with pasta, but never ever after a a drunken night out, reheat a pizza in the microwave and sprinkle paresan cheese on top, then it really does smell like vomit

You only make that mistake once
I remember being force fed some sort of spaghetti monstrosity at primary school and telling the dinner lady 'it smells of sick', I was always destined to be a diplomat.

Not always the case, went for a beer in the Frog and Rosbif in Toulouse. Has it's own microbrewery brewing
English beer. Recommended.

A warning, Toulouse the South of France itself is dog shit central, eyes down when navigating the streets.
Worst ever is Le Lavandou, near St Tropez.

Those Frog and Rosbif pub in Paris was a great place in the 1990s to meet nubile French women who had a thing for English men. I asked one why once and she said 'They are all so cultured with very nice manners. And very industrious, they work hard.' She'd obviously never been to Jaywick.

To be honest it was probably for the best, I ******* hate paella, it's just savoury rice pudding with shells and sand in it.
I reckon you were had there. Paella should contain Chorizo sausage, prawns, mussels, scallops, crab or lobster, chicken, red and green peppers, tomatoes, saffron, spices and rice.

All of which sounds a fcuk sight better than what you had.

Wasabi. Just faharkin eye-watering, nose streaming 'orrible. No further explanation needed.

Raw fish. Meant only for cats, seabirds and bigger fish. Not for yuman beans!

Drag 'Artists'.

Communism. Thought of as a good idea only by those who have never HAD TO leave under it.

Women who remove all their eyebrows. Then draw them back on with a sharpie/pencil/crayon.

Rant over.
Some tried, few succeeded........

daz

LE
Eeeeh Obidia, whats the point of going abroad.......etc.
To paint the map pink........and nick anything not nailed down, treasures, artworks, countries etc

Latest Threads