Things you don't get ....... but everyone else does

endure

GCM
"So, how did you like it, did you visit the markets? Isn't the street food amazing?"
"Dunno, didn't leave the hotel for the whole time we were there "

Had to bite my tongue.

The place is full of them. They go to 'Italian' restaurants and pay a fortune when a 30 baht bowl of khao soi gai would blow their minds (and their taste buds).

Last edited:

Issi

War Hero
One of my first nights in Bangkok, my apartment mate, who'd been there for weeks, asked me to join him for a meal.

Imagine my horror, when the taxi pulled up outside a fecking Italian bistro.

Spaghetti bolognese, the true taste of Thailand!

And it cost about £20.00 each.
Once I got acclimated, that £20.00 would last me a week on the street.

Is that intimidated by, intimate with or both?
He feeds the pigeons, he sometimes feed the sparrows too it gives him a sense of enormous well being

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
he got arrested in london for feeding the pigeons

to his dog!

Kirkz

LE
One of my first nights in Bangkok, my apartment mate, who'd been there for weeks, asked me to join him for a meal.

Imagine my horror, when the taxi pulled up outside a fecking Italian bistro.

Spaghetti bolognese, the true taste of Thailand!

And it cost about £20.00 each.
Once I got acclimated, that £20.00 would last me a week on the street.
I went to visit my relatives in Spain on the costa del sol.
Arrived at their villa and was asked if I wanted something to eat, I said yes expecting something typically Spanish, I got bacon and eggs.

Arrived at their villa and was asked if I wanted something to eat, I said yes expecting something typically Spanish, I got bacon and eggs.
Phew! that was a bit of luck - for a minute there, I didn't think you'd have something to piss and moan about :cool:

Kirkz

LE
Its called old age, get used to it, ....and it gets progressively worse!
I got used to it quite a while ago, I really am a grumpy cunt and I couldn't give a fuck.

Where did the bacon and eggs come from, Spain? If so, then you got a Spanish dish. Picky, picky, picky.

Kirkz

LE
Where did the bacon and eggs come from, Spain? If so, then you got a Spanish dish. Picky, picky, picky.
To be honest it was probably for the best, I fucking hate paella, it's just savoury rice pudding with shells and sand in it.

wheel

LE
0A and I went to Malta just before they went into the Euro, we spent two weeks over there. We explored just about part of the island, there were family’s in the hotel who spent the whole two weeks at the hotel.
Stupid twats didn’t realise, two minutes around the corner was a fantastic British themed pub! All these twats complained about was shit beer and foreign food!!!
People who go abroad and then spend it in a fake British pub. Might as well stop at home.

We had some friends (Well...my wife's friend and her strange brummy boyfriend) come out to Germany for a visit a couple of years ago just around Christmas time. We did a few Christmas markets and local towns, then on Saturday evening we were going to head out to a restaurant. We went through the various local options, some of which are quite good really for a small town, then asked them what they fancied. The boyfriend asked, without any sense of irony, if there was a good Indian nearby? 'Kin heathen.

People who go abroad and then spend it in a fake British pub. Might as well stop at home.
No argument there, my point was they didn’t even set foot outside of the hotel, let alone walk to the British owned pub around the corner. All they did was sit by the pool, complaining about the food and the beer!

Jamon e Huevos, con pan frito...... miserable Little Englander
Many years ago, and after an epic night drinking a bar dry with a random couple we'd met, then drinking all the alcohol they had plus everything we had, we got up in the morning and located the nearest Portuguese equivalent of a greasy spoon. It may have saved lives.

Latest Threads