Things you cannot do in Mess Dress

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JesterRIP, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok I started it so here goes... As I found out at my wedding at the weekend - you cannot do a surprise wedding thriller dance in mess kit - which is why the jacket came off (the waist coat also came off, but that was to avoid the whole Dale Winton look). It's pretty tricky in a wedding dress too my new bride tells me - not that I'm going to attempt it :p

YouTube - Wedding Thriller Dance

Enjoy!

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

OOps , just saw the Link , Brilliant and good luck to both of you in the future.

3. Brilliant mate :D

And how long did it take to choreograph that??

4. Took me about 7 weeks to watch and inwardly digest (as you do...) then I did a couple of walk-thro-talk-thro's with the others and they picked it up straight away.

How thick did I feel? Worst still, my best man (back-centre) nailed it in about 2 and a half hours!

Still, it made a few people smile!

5. Congrats and nice one.

Only wish the work PC had speakers had to watch it with no sound but was humming the tune in my head.

6. Excellent! :D

7. It takes guts to have a crack at that. It looked well polished, you made it look easy. Excellent. :clap:
    People can say what they want about Michael Jackson (it's probably true too) but there's something about that particular song that makes you want to get up and dance.
    And that's without beer. :D

8. Awesome!!

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

That is absolute Class Jester!

10. Squaddies, yer can't beat 'em:)

This should be a big hit on youtube in a week or 2.

Well done & thanks for the chuckle.

11. Maybe we will see you on Britains Got Talent soon!

Brilliant!

Oh, just a minute, forgot this is NAAFI Bar: The bride could have done better without the dress slowing her down. Re-record without the dress and post it willya!

By the way, best wishes to you and Mrs Jester

12. Pure class. Well done

13. I've seen a few of these now, but this is well up there with the best. Very well choreographed.

I counted 6 people up there including yourself, so how did you manage to stop some unsuspecting aunt from getting up there before it all started? How many were in on the idea?

Just being nosey, but seriously well done

14. Hats off to you sir - thats fcking brilliant!

15. Excellent!

Takes the attention off the reception being held in a Portakabin :D

Half tempted to get married just to do something equally daft :d