Things to say

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
..when your kids, or workmates, are being uppity... personal fave : Stop that or we'll sell you to the gypsies.

( Round where I live, that is actually a horrifying threat !!! )

..when your kids, or workmates, are being uppity... personal fave : Stop that or we'll sell you to the gypsies.

( Round where I live, that is actually a horrifying threat !!! )
When I was young parents had the option to exchange their naughty children for a wicker basket or a tin can (we called these people "Tinkers" then, not Gypsies). The tinkers often found they had the worst of the bargain and tried to give the children back - in a large wicker cage!

BTW Is "tinker" now also a non-PC term?

They were probably closely related to "Gypsies" and travelled the country with a horse and caravan and a large array of wares which they claimed they made themselves. (Some were actually very skilled tinsmiths). Older relatives used to claim they had an honour code which was equal to the best in our (then) society.

PS No one actually gave their children away - the threat was enough!

When I was young the threat during long car trips was that my parents would set us out of the car somewhere on the hard shoulder and pick us up on the way back.
Once, after us misbehaving they actually stopped along the motorway and put us out of the car. We took this as a sign to promptly set of in to a maisfield and not come out for about half an hour!
My parents never threatened to set us out of the car again after that...

Whenever I used to tell one of the kids off, the wife often lowered my authority by siding with the child.
Just as an example, I once had to chastise one of them for spitting food out, yep, spitting food out.

I said 'If you do that once more, I'll shove my fucking fist down your bleeding scrawny throat, you ungrateful little cunt.'

She said 'How can you talk like that to a 6 month old baby?'...... How fucking annoying is that?

Wife and in laws squabbling whilst I am driving at speed about two routes to the same destination both routes being the same fucking distance anyway, also arguing in their own language which does my fucking nut in as I cant understand it all when its to fast.

"Shut the hell up the lot of you or I jam this fucker in the river"

Sometime I almost imagine myself to be Wilde (without being a bummer obviously )

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
d bless im, the only person who ever changed from black to white, but I used to tell my kids ' Stop it, or you'll be playing with Michael Jackson'. Always got a reult.

Latest Threads