Things to do in Adelaide for a first time visitor

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Stabnificent, May 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello fine people of ARRSE,

I'm heading over to Adelaide on my own the end of next month for 4/5 weeks to do a placement for uni and will be staying pretty centrally. I've never been to Australia before - I know there's a whole load of travel websites with plenty info on them, but I thought if I want an honest opinion on the best places to go I should tap into the collective travel and drinking experience of ARRSE.

So any of you that live in Adelaide or have been there in the past, I was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice:

- If there was one place that you would say that I absolutely MUST visit in or around Adelaide, where would it be?

- I gather that Australia is a fairly expensive place in terms of the cost of living - can you recommend anywhere I can get a relatively cheap beer?

- Is there anywhere in particular (a place or attraction etc.) that you recommend I don't visit because it doesn't live up to the hype?

Any advice from any locals/people who have visited/people who just want to take the piss are welcome.

Cheers!

2. Have a stop off in Bangkok and **** Australia.

3. You mean stop off in Bangkok and **** Bangkok?

• Like Like x 1
  4. If that's a better option.

5. Nothing.

6. This Adelaide........is she a goer do you think.......I mean, will she pull a train?

7. I live in Adelaide, get on a tour of the barossa wineries, yep, that's about it.

8. What suburb were you in mate? Been in Australia for 20 years and only seen three or four snakes.

9. I wish I could remember because I'd also be able to identify the chip shop. After a week in a hotel in the centre of town I stayed a couple of days with friends who had a small boy. They were unfazed by the snake in the back garden-- told me to ignore it--but advised me to be a lot more wary of the spiders.

So: a chance encounter in a tiny time-frame/location. Kudos to the discretion of Australian snakes.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

10. Fly to Sydney and get stuck into a proper Aussie city?