Things they don't tell you about being a parent

Remember when your sky digital box required a sky subscription card stuck in a slot at the front? The Emperor M himself told my daughter to remove it, then insert it into a gas combustion vent in the living room floor. She was 2 at the time. It took a while to find.
She's a teenager now, and I think she still listens to his advice on occasion. She seldom listens to mine...

A colleague years ago had a toddler who removed the cassette from their VHS recorder and fed it a jam sandwich...

A colleague years ago had a toddler who removed the cassette from their VHS recorder and fed it a jam sandwich...
Gutersloh, 1986? Invited round to pads place for a weekend BBQ. “Sorry Sam, we cant watch a video, my little angel has fed the machine a couple of sausages.”

Except, as I re-discovered yesterday, when you take two of them to a swimming pool (and one of them can't swim) - then the clock on the wall becomes the slowest clock in the world.
well you should just have taught him/her to swim

I even remember My Dad teaching me how to swim....I had a hell of a job getting out of the sack!

i, vaguely, remember when I was very young, going to Richmond park with my family. My younger brother fell into one of the ponds - he was, maybe, 2 years old. My mother screamed that he couldn't swim to which my grandfather, apparently, replied "well, he will learn now". :D