Things they don't tell you about being a parent

Drum kits, a thoughtful present for your nephew and niece, and, of course, the retribution of a recorder/tambourine/mouth organ gift for your own offsprings’ fifth birthday. My sister can be a right bitch at times.

Just when you think they are all grown up and life is going to get better along come grandkids,.
but I would not have it any other way

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Just when you think they are all grown up and life is going to get better along come grandkids,.
I had the pleasure of one of my grandchildren helping me at work this week
the customer fussed over him ( hes 14)
he rather enjoyed himself
but said its hard work grandad !!
yes it is so study hard at school instead

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah, but you can hand the grandkids back to mum and dad when you've had enough of the little buggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have succeeded, near22 just finishing uni, he is stopping on to do his masters.
Ugly girlfriend, drinks like a whale, only one fuuck up. As I have mentioned on the 'Tonight I cooked thread' is he is "now" vegan and hates me slating that and LGBTBTWFXYSZ shit whatever it is.
But I just remind him with a healthy 'Dad clip' or ask him where "Mr Fisty" is and all is fine...... I await the sirens

Have succeeded, near22 just finishing uni, he is stopping on to do his masters.
Ugly girlfriend, drinks like a whale, only one fuuck up. As I have mentioned on the 'Tonight I cooked thread' is he is "now" vegan and hates me slating that and LGBTBTWFXYSZ shit whatever it is.
But I just remind him with a healthy 'Dad clip' or ask him where "Mr Fisty" is and all is fine...... I await the sirens

:scratch:

Wandering around the shopping centre/supermarket when they are in one of those front mounted baby carriers they are a milf/babe magnet.

Swallowing a sweet wrapper so they can't breathe, that was interesting for a couple of minutes.

Taking them out for a drive to get them off to sleep.

When the closest option for going out for a walk in the warm and dry as it is cold and wet outside is to go to B&Q......my lass knew her way around B&Q blindfolded by the time she was 3.

Having to make fairy cake's......................hint: Never eat anything made by kid's, you never know where their fingers have been.

As they get older taking them to birthday parties........and being the stay at home parent that was my job, y'know, to go be with all the mummy's, at parties.

Trying to explain that ice cream and nuggets are not the only food groups.

You lot are really, really, really, breaking my piss pumping heart. 62 years old no kids, unless you count motorcycles.
Never ever wanted any. Too selfish. Plus I think the world is over populated anyway.
There's no shame in admiting you have weak sperm or enjoy the lovemaking with leather clad biker homos.

Everywhere they go they find guns and talk people into letting them play with them. I am positively petrified of taking Mini Kimmi into Brixton. And yet as the parent YOU get blamed for them.

Oh and they are guarantee that they will wake up "with a dream they want to tell you about" just when Game of Thrones is at its absolute worst part and THAT is when the remote vanishes so you get to spreadeagle yourself against the TV screen saying loudly anything that comes to mind to try to distract from an orgy scene going on behind you.

I understood him. That may be 'cos I have a 22 year old too though.
Thankyou, a light in the tunnel.

Look I'm open to new ideas and stuff, I really am. Of course I won't accept many of them!
But I will listen, however, what I object to is being told I am not listening. Especially when what is meant is "you are not agreeing" .
No I will not agree! Generation Z people I am not like you, I do not believe I have a right to anything that is or has not being earnt, not merely given or expected. Crack on with your weird diets and lovely views of the world. Just don't bother everybody else about it.

Sorry, it just boils my piss. Never mind I took him back to Neverland yesterday.

Milk vanishes.
We use 3x more milk per day when No.1 comes home from Uni.

Money vanishes. the older they get, the faster it vanishes.
And you still have to be a taxi driver picking them up from the airport at midnight after they've had a week on the piss in Benidorm...yes , Pvivax the elder , I'm talking to you.
Pv the elder is 23.

And you still have to be a taxi driver picking them up from the airport at midnight after they've had a week on the piss in Benidorm...yes , Pvivax the elder , I'm talking to you.
Pv the elder is 23.
Aye done that plus car rescues when the old car they were driving conks out or they are at a pals house and had no money for a taxi home, and not sleeping properly till you hear them come in ahh the good old days

Aye done that plus car rescues when the old car they were driving conks out or they are at a pals house and had no money for a taxi home, and not sleeping properly till you hear them come in ahh the good old days
I quite like it when the elder deploys. (he's RN submariner) more or less guaranteed peace and quiet. Pv the younger at 20 is no trouble,does like a drink,but doesn't get up to the twattery that the elder did in Beni judging by the FB videos I saw last week.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Pv the elder is 23.
Wasted trip. What did you think might happen if she took a taxi on her own which hadn't already happened in Benidorm, several times (and been filmed for distribution by one of Effendi's mates)?

I quite like it when the elder deploys. (he's RN submariner) more or less guaranteed peace and quiet. Pv the younger at 20 is no trouble,does like a drink,but doesn't get up to the twattery that the elder did in Beni judging by the FB videos I saw last week.
My lads are 44 & 41 so now responsible adults ha ha