Things that please me

A morning routine.
From bed to bathroom.
Placing one's socks and pants on the radiator as one performs one's morning bowel evacuation.
Getting dressed into prewarmed under garments.
Cold down south then? :?

The current mrs_mush has just relayed me this tale from someone on Linkedin:

"This morning at the McDonalds drive through a woman behind me in the queue decided I was taking too long placing my order and started leaning on her horn and I could see her mouthing obscenities at me to get a move on. When I got to the first window I paid for my order and also paid for hers too. When she got to the window the checkout girl must have explained to her what I'd done as I could see her waving in my mirror and mouthing 'thank you' for my act of kindness"

"Of course, when I got to the second window and collected my order, I also collected hers. Then drove off. I have a pleasant picture in my mind of her driving all the way around to wait to order again"

How did they know what the woman behind's order was if she hadn't reached the order window?

scoldog

On ROPS
On ROPs
A morning routine.
From bed to bathroom.
Placing one's socks and pants on the radiator as one performs one's morning bowel evacuation.
Getting dressed into prewarmed under garments.
Hope you don't go senile

house-fire700x400.jpg

Flying visit from mush_lass, brought a belated father's day present

20220625_185006_resized.jpg

Making my Sunday morning egg banjo , eggs from farm near Kirkby Stephen . A double Yolker not had one of them for years. Bloody Lovely it was.

Always enjoy the little things... :thumright:

Finding out today that Dion 'The Wanderer' DiMucci is alive and well at 82 and stll married to 'Runaround Sue', Susan Butterfield for well over over 50 years.

Seeing some old medals. They were all out of my family but seeing an 1890s Naval LSGC, a Royal Humane Society and several variations on WWI Squeak and Wilfred (no Pips).

Nice to see they weren't bundled up at the back of a drawer or sent off for scrap, even though the recipients were long dead and twice or thrice removed from the current owners.

Seeing some old medals. They were all out of my family but seeing an 1890s Naval LSGC, a Royal Humane Society and several variations on WWI Squeak and Wilfred (no Pips).

Nice to see they weren't bundled up at the back of a drawer or sent off for scrap, even though the recipients were long dead and twice or thrice removed from the current owners.

A pedant writes:

A WWI pair (BWM and VM) were/are known as 'Mutt and Jeff'.

It has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but pleases me none the less. Steve Wright is finally going and his crap show will no longer be on the radio.

RP

It has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but pleases me none the less. Steve Wright is finally going and his crap show will no longer be on the radio.

RP
I hope the fcker snaps an ankle and has to spend 6 weeks in hospital, listening to the far-superior service he failed to provide for 40 years.

[Minor Fred Riff]

A WWI trio of medals could include a 1914/194-15 Star, British War Medal (BWM) and a Victory Medal (VM). The veterans of the day began referring to them as 'Pip, Squeak and Wilfrid', a cartoon strip that was popular at the time.

Later service would see only 2 medals issued - BWM and VM: these were referred to as 'Mutt and Jeff', another popular cartoon strip of the time.

[/Minor Fred Riff]

Latest Threads