Things that please me

May I point out that clowns are occasionally funny.

No, they are not.

Clowns have never, ever, been funny.

. . . except when murdering teenagers . . .

1655899334648.png

BBC Breakfast 07.15 today.
The reporter is interviewing Prick Lynch, live, outside a station and his band of merry men are standing behind him with placards and banners, looking all uniony and proud.
A car hoots at them and our brave heroes wave at their supporter.
"WNANKERS!" is heard, loudly and unbeeped, over auntie beeb.
Lovely; wonder if they'll edit for the iplayer?
TBF, whilst most of the pickets had a FFS look, one of them laughed.

The current mrs_mush has just relayed me this tale from someone on Linkedin:

"This morning at the McDonalds drive through a woman behind me in the queue decided I was taking too long placing my order and started leaning on her horn and I could see her mouthing obscenities at me to get a move on. When I got to the first window I paid for my order and also paid for hers too. When she got to the window the checkout girl must have explained to her what I'd done as I could see her waving in my mirror and mouthing 'thank you' for my act of kindness"

"Of course, when I got to the second window and collected my order, I also collected hers. Then drove off. I have a pleasant picture in my mind of her driving all the way around to wait to order again"

Just had a great free breakfast scoff curtesy of Toby Carvery for Armed Forces Day, and for any slop jockeys reading this I had THREE (full size Cumberland) sausages, so ya boo sucks
Very pleasing indeed

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
A morning routine.
From bed to bathroom.
Placing one's socks and pants on the radiator as one performs one's morning bowel evacuation.
Getting dressed into prewarmed under garments.

A morning routine.
From bed to bathroom.
Placing one's socks and pants on the radiator as one performs one's morning bowel evacuation.
Getting dressed into prewarmed under garments.

We had warm air heating in our new council house in the early 70,s. Winter mornings were spent huddled round the living room vent getting dressed and eating frosties before going to school.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Like this one?

6312190f5156460a6849447304114c23.png
The Keith Moon walt.

Who drummer Keith Moon, his then-wife Kim, friend “Legs” Larry Smith and others had been drinking on the evening of January 4, 1970, at the opening of a pub outside of London that was owned by the son of one of Moon’s neighbors. Some of the Hatfield, U.K. pub’s patrons were young skinheads who resented the rich rock star drinking brandy to their beers at their new local.

The scene grew confrontational as Moon and his party left and tried to drive away in his Bentley (which Moon owned but did not drive, being unlicensed). Skinheads surrounded the car and wouldn’t allow it to drive away. They were beating on and rocking the car as if they wanted to flip it over.

Moon’s driver, 24-year-old Cornelius Boland, got out to confront the attackers at the front of the vehicle. Moon, still feeling threatened, attempted to drive his party to safety. In the process Boland was trapped under the car and dragged to his death.

The Who drummer, then 23-years-old, was charged with and pleaded guilty to three offenses: drunk driving, driving without a license and driving without insurance. But given the circumstances, the court dismissed the charges.

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
The Village Society is having a fete tomorrow in the recreation ground behind us.
Chatting to a friend (and organiser) the Spitfire fly past should be at 1332.
OK, it’s on it’s way to Goodwood, but a fly past is a fly past.

We had warm air heating in our new council house in the early 70,s. Winter mornings were spent huddled round the living room vent getting dressed and eating frosties before going to school.
It was a five-way bundle in our house. One dog one kid, then 2 more kids and another dog.
Dunno how efficient it was, nice getting a warm waft on a cold day though. You could get it right up yer sporran :)

It was a five-way bundle in our house. One dog one kid, then 2 more kids and another dog.
Dunno how efficient it was, nice getting a warm waft on a cold day though. You could get it right up yer sporran :)

Haa. 70,s. Only posh people and teuchters had sporrans. ;)