Things that please me

Out for a walk yesterday in the park with the dog and saw this wee bird didn't have a camera with me so this photo is off internet. Out again this morning and there was a twitcher in the park with a camera and a huge 600 lens on it.
I asked if he was looking for anything in particular and he said a bluethroat, Oh I said I saw it yesterday hopping along the side of the path .He said they were pretty scarce in the UK .He seemed a bit peeved that I saw it and he had missed it he had been there for over two hours waiting for it
View attachment 665721
Bizarrely that is a Red Spotted Blue Throat.

The wife has a dilemma but its all my fault apparently. As usual I am taking loads of no notice as its her problem not mine. So its amusing me.
The Bank Holiday weekend is coming up and we have long planned to go up to the Peak District in our campervan. Its a pleasant enough hours drive away.
A couple of weeks ago my delighted wife announced that her friend had managed to get them tickets to watch Robbie Williams at Vale Park on Saturday the 4th June. Yes I am a Vale fan and I do think that Robbie is a good entertainer so I would not have said no to a ticket myself.
Hmm I ponder I wonder how long it will take her to figure out we are away camping that weekend.
This afternoon she has clicked. She says ooh its the Robbie concert on the Saturday you will have to bring me home.
I dont thinks so , you can follow me up in your car and drive back yourself. Says I.
Oh you are so selfish its only an hour away you like driving and I dont. She grumbles.
Yes but thats a two hour round trip plus I would have to pack the van up then unpack it on return. That's three hours I will loose. Feck that for a game of soldiers.

She is upstairs sulking. Come on then solution's and piss takes weapons free for all. :) -
Tell her straight mate that it’s either this warbler Robbie Williams or you, If she picks him then you’ll go to the Peak District on your own.

I guarantee that you’ll enjoy the solitude and peace and quiet for the 4 days and you’ll be able to stretch out in the bed and eat what you want.

wheel

LE
Tell her straight mate that it’s either this warbler Robbie Williams or you, If she picks him then you’ll go to the Peak District on your own.

I guarantee that you’ll enjoy the solitude and peace and quiet for the 4 days and you’ll be able to stretch out in the bed and eat what you want.
Oh I am going no worries there. She will have to sort her own logistics out. Its full English steak and beer for the duration.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
correct.

Can't recall seeing it in bright sunshine , ever.....ah well.

The wife has a dilemma but its all my fault apparently. As usual I am taking loads of no notice as its her problem not mine. So its amusing me.
The Bank Holiday weekend is coming up and we have long planned to go up to the Peak District in our campervan. Its a pleasant enough hours drive away.
A couple of weeks ago my delighted wife announced that her friend had managed to get them tickets to watch Robbie Williams at Vale Park on Saturday the 4th June. Yes I am a Vale fan and I do think that Robbie is a good entertainer so I would not have said no to a ticket myself.
Hmm I ponder I wonder how long it will take her to figure out we are away camping that weekend.
This afternoon she has clicked. She says ooh its the Robbie concert on the Saturday you will have to bring me home.
I dont thinks so , you can follow me up in your car and drive back yourself. Says I.
Oh you are so selfish its only an hour away you like driving and I dont. She grumbles.
Yes but thats a two hour round trip plus I would have to pack the van up then unpack it on return. That's three hours I will loose. Feck that for a game of soldiers.

She is upstairs sulking. Come on then solution's and piss takes weapons free for all. :) -
You have offered a workable solution that unfortunately she does not like. Tough, but do not feel guilty. She does not like driving, so that's your fault? Enjoy the quiet (however long it lasts) and you can cook whatever you like. I don't see a down side.

wheel

LE
  1. Going camping for the weekend
  2. Got our favorite spot by the River Dove no one else on the field
  3. Pleasant Friday evening in the pub talking bollocks with old friends
  4. Enjoying Bacon & Eggs al fresco Saturday morning
  5. Lovely long walk with my hound
  6. Having a few beers in the beer garden
  7. BBQ and beers by the river
  8. Enjoying the peace and quiet having a beer
  9. Watching the sun go down having a beer
  10. Lazy start to Sunday
  11. Another long walk with my hound.
  12. It started to rain on the way home.

wheel

LE

She has decided that a couple of hours at the concert will not be good for her back , car accident last October so she has sold her ticket. :)

No peace and quiet for you, mate.
I bet she brings along all her Robbie W music...
GOD NO.gif

Surviving a boat sinking.

At present I am enjoying a swimming holiday in Sardinia which involves deployment by dive boat from the hotel to tje intended swim locations. Our boat had a couple of problems batteries failed day one ran aground day two. Of course we have all been saying things come in threes and it will.sink next well it did.

Set out this morning when some warning alarm went off which concerned our boat capitain who lifted the engine cover to espie an engine compartment full of water.
No major panic except from one of the party, lifejackets deployed those who could put on their wetsuits incase of prolonged immersion mobiles placed in dry bags etc.

Then very suddenly it got a bit nasty as the transom dipped below the surface and the bows lifted within 30 secs the boat was not the place to be as it was at an angle of over 45° . All 15 of us re located from said boat into the sea and awaited rescue as the boat did the classic bows to the sky with an eerie whistling of air it sank.

Picked up by a passing yacht and a number of RIBs before the Italian coast guard arrived all done with no fuss just as if it happened everyday.

Therefore being alive pleases me even if all my kit is at the bottom of the sea. Good thing ee were all good swimmers

At present I am enjoying a swimming holiday in Sardinia which involves deployment by dive boat from the hotel to tje intended swim locations. Our boat had a couple of problems batteries failed day one ran aground day two. Of course we have all been saying things come in threes and it will.sink next well it did.

Set out this morning when some warning alarm went off which concerned our boat capitain who lifted the engine cover to espie an engine compartment full of water.
No major panic except from one of the party, lifejackets deployed those who could put on their wetsuits incase of prolonged immersion mobiles placed in dry bags etc.

Then very suddenly it got a bit nasty as the transom dipped below the surface and the bows lifted within 30 secs the boat was not the place to be as it was at an angle of over 45° . All 15 of us re located from said boat into the sea and awaited rescue as the boat did the classic bows to the sky with an eerie whistling of air it sank.

Picked up by a passing yacht and a number of RIBs before the Italian coast guard arrived all done with no fuss just as if it happened everyday.

Therefore being alive pleases me even if all my kit is at the bottom of the sea. Good thing ee were all good swimmers
Did you sing "my heart will go on"?

As everyone survived, have a funny too.