Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that please me

Trap - 1 Mouse - 0, my daughter did ask if it had enjoyed the chocolate that the trap was baited with, I believe it did, momentarily.

Cavuman

Swinger
Well Done, 06FA56Paderborn! I'll add pictures when I am able to find them.

By all means bait your traps with peanut butter. The little (potentially gigantic) disease-ridden buggers cannot resist. My Missus, who is not bone, suggests fruit as an attractant, but what does she know other than attracting a giant rat who is - oh, wait - me...

Here is our kitchen adventure from 2014:

The Pied Piper of Porkopolis (Cincinnati) hast prevailed, poo-pooing passivity with plenipotentiary powers! Exciting narrative follows:

The Trap, (Trampa POTENTE para matar RATAS, which I think translates to "Drink early and often and wear a sombrero") which was baited with the highest quality imported peanut butter, set with super human effort and heroic courage and placed carefully on back of kitchen sink, sprang somewhere between 3:15-5:50 AM, hurling the gnarly gnashing nemesis to the rear left stove burner, were she lay, apparently dead, but in reality, only stunned, as our hero would soon discover.

Red eyes twinkling with evil and bared razor-sharp 4" fangs adrip with rabid saliva and Ebola-laced blood bespoke her cunning plan! This thing was huge, making an opossum look like a laboratory mouse, and was like, oh, let's say, maybe 3' long, 35 lbs., and I've been told a million times not to exaggerate. As Tim the Enchanter once told King Arthur: "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"

Having misplaced the Holy Hand Grenade, Ed attempted to place what he thought was deceased subject in plastic bag; she squealed loudly, ran off, dropped to the floor, and cowered, obviously injured and angered, by the right side of the stove. She was ready for an immediate and devastating attack on her human oppressor! Ed, after nearly pissing in his pantaloons and soiling the floor with high pressure discharge fecal matter, grabbed victim with salad tongs, which rat bit furiously and repeatedly. Ed, with what little hair remaining on his balding pate and neck standing straight up, tossed the rodential trophy on the snow/ice covered deck using his Varsity Tennis match-winning serve motion, then covered the pneumonic plague vector vermin with a tastefully decorated salad bowl of Indonesian manufacture. An ambient outside temp of 20 degrees should guarantee tree-hugger approved cryogenic humane euthanasia and preservation for further Nobel Prize winning study.

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and appropriate flute compositions (Prokofiev springs to mind) shall be played all day throughout the Midwest. Christine has promised ratatouille for tonight's repast while we recline on rattan furniture on Mt. Ararat, you dirty rats!

- O'B (a/k/a Nick Danger, still searching for the Giant Rat of Sumatra.)

1607025775289.png

Last edited:
Well Done, 06FA56Paderborn! I'll add pictures when I am able to find them.

By all means bait your traps with peanut butter. The little (potentially gigantic) disease-ridden buggers cannot resist. My Missus, who is not bone, suggests fruit as an attractant, but what does she know other than attracting a giant rat who is - oh, wait - me...

Here is our kitchen adventure from 2014:

The Pied Piper of Porkopolis (Cincinnati) hast prevailed, poo-pooing passivity with plenipotentiary powers! Exciting narrative follows:

The Trap, (Trampa POTENTE para matar RATAS, which I think translates to "Drink early and often and wear a sombrero") which was baited with the highest quality imported peanut butter, set with super human effort and heroic courage and placed carefully on back of kitchen sink, sprang somewhere between 3:15-5:50 AM, hurling the gnarly gnashing nemesis to the rear left stove burner, were she lay, apparently dead, but in reality, only stunned, as our hero would soon discover.

Red eyes twinkling with evil and bared razor-sharp 4" fangs adrip with rabid saliva and Ebola-laced blood bespoke her cunning plan! This thing was huge, making an opossum look like a laboratory mouse, and was like, oh, let's say, maybe 3' long, 35 lbs., and I've been told a million times not to exaggerate. As Tim the Enchanter once told King Arthur: "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!"

Having misplaced the Holy Hand Grenade, Ed attempted to place what he thought was deceased subject in plastic bag; she squealed loudly, ran off, dropped to the floor, and cowered, obviously injured and angered, by the right side of the stove. She was ready for an immediate and devastating attack on her human oppressor! Ed, after nearly pissing in his pantaloons and soiling the floor with high pressure discharge fecal matter, grabbed victim with salad tongs, which rat bit furiously and repeatedly. Ed, with what little hair remaining on his balding pate and neck standing straight up, tossed the rodential trophy on the snow/ice covered deck using his Varsity Tennis match-winning serve motion, then covered the pneumonic plague vector vermin with a tastefully decorated salad bowl of Indonesian manufacture. An ambient outside temp of 20 degrees should guarantee tree-hugger approved cryogenic humane euthanasia and preservation for further Nobel Prize winning study.

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and appropriate flute compositions (Prokofiev springs to mind) shall be played all day throughout the Midwest. Christine has promised ratatouille for tonight's repast while we recline on rattan furniture on Mt. Ararat, you dirty rats!

- O'B (a/k/a Nick Danger, still searching for the Giant Rat of Sumatra.)
These things really bother you, don’t they?

Early weekend due to COVID, I have at least tomorrow off and probably Friday. Waiting to hear about next week.

wheel

LE
1) Heated seats in our car, nice on cold damp mornings. Added bonus of enhancing the pungent aroma of my botty burps.
2) Locking function on the windows so my Mrs has to enjoy suffer and swear a lot.

Early weekend due to COVID, I have at least tomorrow off and probably Friday. Waiting to hear about next week.
You'll be isolating by then. Someone in your 'bubble' wanted an early start to xmas and got their covid pos mate to do a self test kit on their behalf.

What brand chocolate do you use? Our mice ignore Cadbury’s (as do I)

Perhaps the mice prefer chocolate rather than Americanised sugary sludge

This pleases me enormously...

Two serial rapists with life sentences will have the minimum time they must spend in prison extended from 30 to 40 years, the High Court has ruled.
Joseph McCann, 35, was jailed last year at the Old Bailey for 37 offences involving 11 women and children.​
Reynhard Sinaga, 37, was sentenced at Manchester Crown Court in January for 159 offences against 48 men.​

Serial rapists receive longer minimum jail terms after appeal

Browsing the books in a charity shop a while back I noticed a copy of Roland White’s “Vulcan 607” on sale for £2. Although I’d read it when it first came out I thought I’d get it to read again some time in the future.

Last night I opened it for the first time to find it had been signed by the author and the co-pilot of XM607.

Which was nice...

MOT pass, no advisories.
Decent result for a 27 years old boiler.
Did get some minor fettling done first to be fair. PAS leak, a bulb, and battery clamp.
Low miles for them...just "run in" at 133k:oops:

That's 6 in a row. :)

Latest Threads