Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Things that irritate me

I frequently eat a bar of chocolate because of feeling faint in the supermarket. Do keep the wrapper and pay for it though.

Either that or pay first, then eat.

I tend to use the "scan while shopping" function* at Tesco and have on occasion scanned a drink (non-alcoholic) first before proceeding to drink it whilst doing the shopping.

*Yes, I'm aware that I'm potentially doing someone out of a job by doing this. Tango Sierra.

People who think that littering a place with notices about dog poo fairies will make inconsiderate dog owners bag and bin their mutt's output.

The notices fade and just add to litter and mess.

Dog owners who don't bag poop or bag it and hang it in trees and bushes.

Last edited:
People who think that littering a place with notices about dog poo fairies will make inconsiderate dog owners bag and bin tgeir mutt's output.

The notices fade and just add to litter and mess.

Dog owners who don't bag poop or bag it and hang it in trees and bushes.
Unfortunately I can only give you a single like for that.

Walking through the local woods, I regularly find black poo bags hanging on bushes. Why not just "stick and flick" it into the undergrowth FFS?

In a supermarket chavs who let their feral kids sit in the trolley. They could of stepped in any kind of shit and the next unknowing customer will be putting their food into it.
Change your name to " talks bollocks". Everything you put in the trolley is in a tin or a box etc, you whining ****.

Walking through the local woods, I regularly find black poo bags hanging on bushes. Why not just "stick and flick" it into the undergrowth FFS?

Such owners are of such a generation they fully expect, nay require, that there will be some form of minion to clean up everything after them. Apart from wiping their own bums of course because that's a safe place thing.

The staff and security guards are not trained or paid to confront thieves like this.

That's sadly true, years back I informed a security goon that there was a bloke who'd just gone to the pick'n' mix, and filled his coat pocket with chocolate Brazil nuts, and then continued shopping with his wife.
He couldn't have cared less.

Oh, that's nothing. I followed one chav family into Tesco last week. Maybe I should give them credit. They first went to the sandwich section and handed two of each to each (five) children plus two for each adult, who proceeded to eat them as they wandered around the store. By the time they'd reached checkout they'd eaten the lot and didn't pay a penny.

I've seen others do the same with crisps and chocolates.

It boils my piss.
Our local SPAR has trolleys with cup holders moulded into the handle.
It isn't a big store at all - just a jumped up convenience shop - in and out in 5 minutes with a loaf and a pint of milk.
Yet you see the idiots wandering about, slurping their coke/overpriced cappucino.

Residents Associations.

Bit like the European Union (good idea in theory) but buggered up by the European Commission (self important arrogant twats who know they are right)

Latest subject of my ire is a series of all stations emails on the crushingly important subject of petitioning council to rename a road in memory of a recently deceased member of t'committee.

Drivers still blatantly on their mobile phones. The roads are busier every month and these cnuts add to the general misery of commuting/travelling in the UK.

Tell tale signs - Not moving at roundabouts/junctions despite it being clear, swerving all over the lane sometimes subtly sometimes not and the most reliable indicator I've found, leaving a few metre gap when next to a junction or roundabout, as if to buy more precious facebook/texting time before the beeps start.

Drivers still blatantly on their mobile phones. The roads are busier every month and these cnuts add to the general misery of commuting/travelling in the UK.

Tell tale signs - Not moving at roundabouts/junctions despite it being clear, swerving all over the lane sometimes subtly sometimes not and the most reliable indicator I've found, leaving a few metre gap when next to a junction or roundabout, as if to buy more precious facebook/texting time before the beeps start.

Dashcam mate. PSNI will take third-party footage, provided it has a timecode. Mine has timecode, date, GPS and my road speed. I've shopped two drivers so far. This is gonna cost me a fortune in memory cards, mind! Police aren't too quick about giving them back.

Not thinking of environment but more of dog shit soaking through brown paper of fresh goods. Still each to their own if that's what you want.
Anyone would notice if the trolley was stinking of dog shit and get another one. I have never had or seen this in my life. Stop being melodramatic about nothing.