Things that irritate me

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
NO!!! SUFFOLK. Please don't confuse me with a Norfolk Dumpling. :censored:
Cripes, every day a college day ...give Gorleston (Richards Yard) my gratitude if not my love.

If you Richards Ship Yard, sorry but its not called that any more. They build Aussie designed Aluminium Catamaran work boats. The dry dock has been half filled in and used as a berth.

Sunday tip runners.
I used to live on a main road and every Sunday morning would look out to see a convoy of little old men with their little trailers often being towed by large cars, bound for the local council amenity site. The trailers generally contained little more than a shoebox that would fit into the boot of their car.
Yesterday I decided to get shot of the dog piss smelling carpet that's been sat in the yard of the house I renovated. A couple of months of weather hadn't improved its stench so everything was open when I stuck it in the Disco and I arrived at the tip just as they did a skip change. This takes them about 5 mins with the DROPs waggon zipping around at speed, however before that they have to clear the site, which was full of the twats with their large cars and small trailers. Now obviously they take up more room than a car as they have the trailer on so there's less people in there but they don't just carry the shoe box to the skip do they, they lift each item out of the trailer and slowly take it to the appropriate skip or decide that now is the time to sort the contents.
30 minutes sat in the car waiting for the last ****** with a trailer to get off the site so they can swap skips surrounded by the smell of wet carpet and dog piss.
Why don't you go on a Tuesday.;)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you Richards Ship Yard, sorry but its not called that any more. They build Aussie designed Aluminium Catamaran work boats. The dry dock has been half filled in and used as a berth.

If It's any comfort to the good citizens of Gorleston. that's exactly what the Chinese did to Victoria Basin in HK once we'd pulled out....they used the hardcore from the Prince of Wales block in HMS Tamar to fill it with...

Absolutly love live music and particularly concerts with bands that I have followed for years (Genesis, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Santana etc etc) however what really "grips my shit" is being next too, in front of or behind women who consistently scream throughout the concert, not jus a loud scream but a banshee like screech that makes your ears bleed.

Ffs drives my head to a point!!

(Apologies its hard work being old)
None of the gigs I go to (I suppose "went to" is more accurate nowadays) have those screechers. And if they did, it wouldn't matter as you can't even hear yourself never mind anyone else. That is as it should be.

Three fucking mobile.
I have a holiday SIM to make use of their feel at home plan when in Trumpland.
As I'm selling some property and don't want my own mobile number plastered everywhere I thought I'll use the 3 sim which has done about 3 trips.

Stick it in and all is fine for a few days then I think I'll look at a cheap contract but discover the reception has gone.
Not too unusual where I work so don't think much of it and then notice that the phone constantly shows no reception even when my normal phone is fine. So thinking its the phone I swap chips around and discover that the sim isn't working and as its pay as you go wander into the local shop.

Lass is a bit confused as the sim is showing as a contract and account closed and I need to call Calcutta.

Turns out that as the phone hasn't been used for 6 months they close the account and take any credit left on it and no you cant have that number back or your money. The number which is on the sale boards I had made.

Now I know from the past that 3 are shite which is why I dumped them years ago and only use them for holiday credit but I didn't also realise they like to steal cash off you as well.
Wankers.

Though Major Sunray was kept amused by 'chat' with the assorted Indians I've had to speak too.

Royal correspondents and their sycophancy. Being deployed all across the media just now following today’s announcement and the bullshit is being sprayed liberally.
I’m a lukewarm royalist myself and I like Harry, but come on, she’s only having a baby ffs!

Three ******* mobile.
As I'm selling some property and don't want my own mobile number plastered everywhere I thought I'll use the 3 sim which has done about 3 trips.

Stick it in and all is fine for a few days then I think I'll look at a cheap contract but discover the reception has gone.
Not too unusual where I work so don't think much of it and then notice that the phone constantly shows no reception even when my normal phone is fine. So thinking its the phone I swap chips around and discover that the sim isn't working and as its pay as you go wander into the local shop.

Lass is a bit confused as the sim is showing as a contract and account closed and I need to call Calcutta.

Turns out that as the phone hasn't been used for 6 months they close the account and take any credit left on it and no you cant have that number back or your money. The number which is on the sale boards I had made.

Now I know from the past that 3 are shite which is why I dumped them years ago and only use them for holiday credit but I didn't also realise they like to steal cash off you as well.

Though Major Sunray was kept amused by 'chat' with the assorted Indians I've had to speak too.
When I went on a road trip across the US in 2016, I just got an AT&T PAYG sim card. Cost about $10 and I put $20 credit on it. Lasted me 3 weeks of phone calls, texts, WhatsApp messages and Google maps from San Francisco across to Tampa Bay.

Three ******* mobile.

I’ve never had problems with 3, used it around the world. I’m pretty sure the six month thing is an industry standard.

I’ve never had problems with 3, used it around the world. I’m pretty sure the six month thing is an industry standard.
Granted, this was in 2013 and coverage may have improved somewhat: I travelled to the Shetland Islands with 3 friends and on one memorable day, we went to Eshaness lighthouse and wandered along the dramatic coastline. We noted that amongst the 4 of us, 2 being on 02, 1 on Vodafone and the fourth with 3, it was only the 3 mobile network that showed no signal.

Which made it all the more amusing when we got back to the mainland and saw the ad for 3 featuring the dancing pony, filmed as it was at the very place they didn't have coverage!

Which I'd accept if I hadn't been using the sim for the past 5 years only on holiday and as much as I'd like to have more my overseas jaunts these days are largely annual.

Customers.

This one's a doozy. Had a woman in, who's apparently a serial complainer, and, true to form, she complained about their starters. Didn't like the sauce that comes with it, so had different sent over. Happens quite often. No issues. Then comes the mains. She ordered a burger. Which comes with lettuce, tomato and onion, and a dollop of vegan burger sauce. About a third of her way through the meal, she starts going on about how she's "allergic to onion", and how "her mouth is on fire".

Bearing in mind, there's a picture of a burger on the front of the menu, with onion clearly visible in the photo, and it's described as coming with onion in the description of the burger, and there's signs saying if you have an allergy, please speak to the duty manager. None of which she paid the slightest bit of attention to.

So, l suspect that's another written complaint going to head office.

That really is stupid so concentrated it burns. Still, if it really did hurt, it might teach the dumb bitch to, you know, take some personal responsibility and fucking let us non mind reading types know she has special requirements.

Customers.

This one's a doozy. Had a woman in, who's apparently a serial complainer, and, true to form, she complained about their starters. Didn't like the sauce that comes with it, so had different sent over. Happens quite often. No issues. Then comes the mains. She ordered a burger. Which comes with lettuce, tomato and onion, and a dollop of vegan burger sauce. About a third of her way through the meal, she starts going on about how she's "allergic to onion", and how "her mouth is on fire".

Bearing in mind, there's a picture of a burger on the front of the menu, with onion clearly visible in the photo, and it's described as coming with onion in the description of the burger, and there's signs saying if you have an allergy, please speak to the duty manager. None of which she paid the slightest bit of attention to.

That really is stupid so concentrated it burns. Still, if it really did hurt, it might teach the dumb bitch to, you know, take some personal responsibility and ******* let us non mind reading types know she has special requirements.
Remember "The customer is always right" !

Customers.

That really is stupid so concentrated it burns. Still, if it really did hurt, it might teach the dumb bitch to, you know, take some personal responsibility and ******* let us non mind reading types know she has special requirements.
Its your job that irritates you.

Its your job that irritates you.
Nope, I actually enjoy what I do. These posts are more a glimpse into the world of a jobbing chef, and some of the utterly outlandish crap the general public can come out with, for those who don't deal with them on a constant basis.

The examples I'm quoting are more displays of the things that make me stop for a "What. The. Fuck?" moment.

Speaking of which, there was another one today.

Had a table of 6 rock up (no booking). Their starters included one flour dusted cheese "fries", two flatbread, one toast, one breaded chicken, and one "gluten allergy". Cheers twats. Then, to follow, the "gluten allergy" ordered a pie. Served in a pastry case.

Ok. The pie is on our "gluten free" list, but if you were genuinely allergic to gluten, rather than a coeliac, or some prick on a "gluten free" fad fucking diet, would you risk it?