• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Things that irritate me

The people who ignore the 20mph limit in my rather narrow road, which is "blessed" with more than its share of 4x4s. They then hoot when you slowly edge out, as you can't see round the 4x4s, but of course will not slow down or let you out.

Blue ******* badge holders.
Brings to mind the story of the gent who went to either get or renew his Blue Badge. The officious arsehole behind the counter demanaded proof the man was disabled. Enraged by this, his dropped his trousers unfastened his prosthetic leg, and slammed it down on the counter.

I was disappointed he didn't whack the pratt over the head with it.

I am also disappointed I did not save that news item

Never forgot the silly bitch, at the roundabout, who pulled out in front of me, causing a screaming brake.........

"You stupid BITCH "

"You're supposed to take TURNS......."
I see that at so many roundabouts, particularly mini roundabouts, that I'm beginning to think that's how learner drivers are being taught to use them.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Mutilated cat remains for sale. Approx 720gms tail missing. In a Tesco Bag-For-Life. £27 cash. Buyer collects or may swap for a jet-ski. Could be the result of a psycho killer or getting run over by a car then getting et by a fox. Or a deg. Bleating swivel eyed mad birds need not apply.

Mutilated cat remains for sale. Approx 720gms tail missing. In a Tesco Bag-For-Life. £27 cash. Buyer collects or may swap for a jet-ski. Could be the result of a psycho killer or getting run over by a car then getting et by a fox. Or a deg. Bleating swivel eyed mad birds need not apply.
You have just booked your place in hell

The apparent optionality of giving way at a junction or side road. Seems people just pull out and block the traffic and then expect you to let them out. French cnuts.
Gratuit

It should bite the end of the spoon off.

Mind you, as a lover of a decent cup of tea I would like to point out to anyone who works in the catering industry, a mug of luke warm water with a tea bag floating in it does not a decent cuppa make.
When some sporty Herbert attempts to charge me 2 quid for the privilege, I find myself coming over all abrupt....
Also good tea bags cost the same as the bloody rubbish that some restaurants buy in 1000 bag packs, it tastes what it is: The sweepings from the grotty cellars of Darjeeling! The Indians keep most of the good tea in India, where you never get a bad cup, even if it is made with buffalo milk!

What make of cat?

Perfect timing, my other half got me the following book for my birthday

91BprvcAM-L.jpg

People who choose to have children and then expect society to provide special parking spaces for them at supermarkets because their retarded ******* progeny can't get out of their Renault Espacker without trashing every other vehicle en route to having their badly-trained vermin run riot throughout the store.

cnuts.
My old man will happily use the "Parent and Child" spaces if no others are available when out on his own. He parks up and if questioned that he doesn't seem to have any kids with him will then pull out his wallet and produces the picture of us three from way back to prove that he a) does have kids and b) they are with him.

Technically he's not wrong.

My old man will happily use the "Parent and Child" spaces if no others are available when out on his own. He parks up and if questioned that he doesn't seem to have any kids with him will then pull out his wallet and produces the picture of us three from way back to prove that he a) does have kids and b) they are with him.

Technically he's not wrong.

Oh, I like that. I think I might give it a go.

Oh, I like that. I think I might give it a go.
Just be careful where you try it.The car parks at the Bluewater shopping centre seem to be inhabited by screeching harridans who seem to think it is their duty to patrol the car parks looking for anyone without a child who dares to even look at the C+P spaces.

Just be careful where you try it.The car parks at the Bluewater shopping centre seem to be inhabited by screeching harridans who seem to think it is their duty to patrol the car parks looking for anyone without a child who dares to even look at the C+P spaces.
Aha, that sounds like a challenge. Sadly I am about 300 miles from Bluewater, I will have to find a suitable location locally.

The few times I've been tempted to use the C+P spaces, my response when challenged parking up is "My wife and kids are in the store, I'm picking them up, I'll better go and pay for the shopping". Or if challenged coming out "I've just dropped my wife and kids off. Cheers"