• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Things that irritate me

Indeed! The latest fad is 'gluten free' which is a load of nonsense unless you actually have Chrones disease.
My 2 youngest grandkids are allergic to dairy, its not put on because the eldest would hurl for England 2 hours after anything with milk or cheese etc. Now aged 4 and they're slowly trying to introduce some milky stuff. Worse for his baby sister, soya intolerant as well as dairy. Loads of info out there now on packaging which tends to highlight in bold dairy stuff but not soya and its in pretty much everything.
I would mostly agree with your opinion on the "Gluten Free" fad.
SWMBO does not have Chron's disease, but she picked up a very nasty food poisoning (bad algae in a reef fish, ciguatera ) 4 years ago, and gets violently nauseous if she takes more than a crumb of gluten. She get's really pissed off when someone hears her gluten free request and makes comments about yuppie fads

Im naturally of the opinion that food allergies are a load of bollox, from the school of you dont hear your starving refugees complaining that they cant eat nuts.
To punish me for my intollerance the Hipster gods gave me a daughter whos Lactose intollerant.
But the nice thing about that is when the Consultant sat us down to explain it to us he also covered the bit where if the lactose is attached to something then its processed as normal. So cheese butter are ok (unless your on a cheese based diet) but dont go giving her cream.
As a result her diet is normal (for a 5 year old who knows the thing she ate with gusto the other say is now poison) save for lactose free milk and occasionally she may overdo the dairy a bit and produce farts that rival my own, which she is rightly proud of.
And I can still moan about the faddy eaters who would die if they saw a yoghurt, coz it doesnt work that way

My sister in law is a fad eater, scampy seems to be her thing, which saves me a fortune over the years when we take her out to restaurants . However she went to a nutritionist in Castle Cary who rubbed about four needles across her forearm to test for allergies after each needle had been dipped in milk, or wine, cheese and others etc. Where she had an allergy the scratch turned up red and itchy. She was allergic to a few of the substances, now she's even more faddish. She's allergic to a slight degree to ordinary tea but drinks it very weak with no sugar or milk, so to take the piss, when I make her a cup of tea, I just wave the teabag across the top of the cup and offer it up!

I agree with you on the folk walking right at you, but also:
- folk stopping suddenly on a busy pavement or corridor.
Had three dozy old bints get off the local shopping centre escalator and stopped all three of their trolleys at the bottom for a chin wag. Completely blocked and nothing else to do, I just pushed my way through them, and they called me rude FFS.

She's allergic to a slight degree to ordinary tea but drinks it very weak with no sugar or milk, so to take the piss, when I make her a cup of tea, I just wave the teabag across the top of the cup and offer it up!
Can you just make a cup of tea without milk and tea?

I have to say that all these faddy eaters get right on my tits.
I know there are people who do have a real allergy to things such as nuts and gluten, I have worked with individuals that are coeliac and are very, very ill at the merest sniff of gluten. Also I have a very unpleasant and rapid reaction to a particular fruit (No hysterical dramas when eating out, I just avoid it). But some of these with self diagnosed 'allergies' take the piss.
I recently had to attend a three day course with 20 or so others (the majority were middle age females) and the poor catering staff were doing their nuts about the varied dietary requirements. The chef was heard to mutter that perhaps the option for those who couldn't eat the main dish should be a bale of hay and a bucket of water.
Point of order. Being a coeliac isn't gluten allergy. It's gluten sensitivity. Not the same thing.

Indeed! The latest fad is 'gluten free' which is a load of nonsense unless you actually have Chrones disease.
My 2 youngest grandkids are allergic to dairy, its not put on because the eldest would hurl for England 2 hours after anything with milk or cheese etc. Now aged 4 and they're slowly trying to introduce some milky stuff. Worse for his baby sister, soya intolerant as well as dairy. Loads of info out there now on packaging which tends to highlight in bold dairy stuff but not soya and its in pretty much everything.
Not true. Soya if one of the 14 allergens that have to be notified on packaging.

Customers!

The other week had one wanker send back a burger.

Now, bearing in mind, this is in a restaurant that seats about 70, and I can see one free table. That seats 4.

I've got tickets flying out of my arse, a queue of about 20 meals on the go, and this twat sends back his order. Because, get this, the sauce is, in accordance with company policy, on the bottom of the bun, not the fucking top, so he can't see it. Even explaining to the dipshit it's on the bottom of the bun isn't good enough. He wants it replaced.

The massive cunt!

The waitress should have turned the bastard thing upside down and handed it back to the fucktard with a cheerful "there you go, now the sauce is on top!".

If someone has the temerity to give me weak tea I’ll give em the dreaded deadings! One thing I can’t stand is weak tea. You should be able to stand the spoon up in it.
My sister-in-law likes her tea weak, really weak, piss-water weak. The problem is, at home if she makes tea everyone has to have it the same as her. No amount of 'could I have mine normal strength/builders' or whatever changes things. Even if my b-i-l makes it, it still has to be to her specs, FFS.
If we make her tea and she's handed anything that isn't just off white; the face. I've given her brews of all hues, for effect and really can't understand why she drinks tea at all as you can literally dunk a bag in a cup of water to just colour it and she'll drink it happily.

My sister-in-law likes her tea weak, really weak, piss-water weak. The problem is, at home if she makes tea everyone has to have it the same as her. No amount of 'could I have mine normal strength/builders' or whatever changes things. Even if my b-i-l makes it, it still has to be to her specs, FFS.
If we make her tea and she's handed anything that isn't just off white; the face. I've given her brews of all hues, for effect and really can't understand why she drinks tea at all as you can literally dunk a bag in a cup of water to just colour it and she'll drink it happily.
That’s simply ridiculous. A mate of my wife’s literally puts the tea bag into a cup of boiling water (wrong!) & takes it out again. Then has half a cup of milk with it.
These people need treatment.

This advert....

Open the effing curtains you morons and you won't need extra holes in your roof... :x

Pedestrians who think a flat topped speed bump is a designated right of way for them. Cunts.

I hate walking into the public (pubic infested) bogs in a shopping centre for a crap, only to find some ignorant moron has pissed all over the bog seat after having a crap and leaving the detritus hanging between the bog seat and bowl.

I also hate it when there is no bog paper (again) and I have to resort to the old trick of using newspaper like we did in the old days.

I hate walking into the public (pubic infested) bogs in a shopping centre for a crap, only to find some ignorant moron has pissed all over the bog seat after having a crap and leaving the detritus hanging between the bog seat and bowl.

I also hate it when there is no bog paper (again) and I have to resort to the old trick of using newspaper like we did in the old days.
I just wipe my arse up and down the wall, it's painful and ineffective, but it makes me smile.