Things that irritate me

Never any problems with the M5 near Exeter in my day.
Mind you, the A30 and the Exeter By-Pass could mean hassle for Ford Populars and Standard Vanguards........
I have disturbing memories of seven of us in a Vauxhall Victor FD estate towing a 26' caravan on the M5 south of Bristol doing about 30mph in 2nd with father_mush with his foot to the floor and using swear words I'd never heard before or since

Norsemaid

Old-Salt
The previous Mr. GRB was from Bromsgrove. We regularly saw caravans on their side at the bottom of the hill. I honestly thought by this time on a Saturday, heading North, we'd be safe!
As you found out it wasn't all the safe . Some of the views aren't too bad , except for the " lego " monstrosity on your left, past Bridgwater but it does depend where you have ground to a halt .
Sunday evenings are also fun - said loosely and advisedly !!

Why is there always someone on your course who won’t bloody shut up?

I’ve just spent all day at a mini conference which covered a new system for work, and there was one bloke who asked banal questions all day long.

“Excuse me, where do we put the photos now?”
“Can you see the box on the left of the screen that says Photos. They go in there”

“How do we add Notes onto the new system?”
“Sigh, I know we covered this before the coffee break, but can you see the box on the left of the screen, just above the Photos box that says Notes?They go in there”

And on and on.
There’s always one on every course!
I remember an H&S day seminar at the Redbourne club in Scunny one day. All day lectures and obviously the usual split up into teams and do a ten minute presentation sketch.
Now you have to bear in mind we were told there was a free bar for two hours after this ok.
Presentations over and closing speech, with the inevitable "Has anyone got any questions?"
Cue the nominal prize course bellend...." Can I just ask........"
That is as far as it got as the stares of 150 steelworkers immediately bore upon him with that one more fcuking word! stare :D

News that Big Brother is to be filmed approx.:x 500 metres from my house.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
News that Big Brother is to be filmed approx.:x 500 metres from my house.
I would be checking out who is going to be on it, seeing if there is any decent flange and when they get kicked off. Be neighbourly, offer them a lift to the nearest train station (read shed) of course just to console them in their moment of need.

Waiters of youth with an 'alright mate' attitude. Don't get me wrong, I hate fawning obsequious attitudes too, but this is supposed to be a 'posh' place, and is far from cheap, but being asked 'what do you want to drink' in a surly manner isn't going to cut it, and certainly won't be getting any tips.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
On the Radio today - The news!. Extreme weather warning because it may reach 30 degrees

I believe we used to call it summer, and celebrate by not wearing many clothes and getting sunburnt.

AND. 1st item on 1900hrs news. police in Nottm broke a car window to rescue a dog.

Not the energy crisis, or Ukraine or anything else newsworthy

and breath

Londo

LE
On the Radio today - The news!. Extreme weather warning because it may reach 30 degrees

I believe we used to call it summer, and celebrate by not wearing many clothes and getting sunburnt.

AND. 1st item on 1900hrs news. police in Nottm broke a car window to rescue a dog.

Not the energy crisis, or Ukraine or anything else newsworthy

and breath
Road closure between my village and the next one due to a bridge repair to fix the bridge repair a couple of months ago . Last time I avoided that journey , this time the road is closed for a week and was unable to avoid it. Turned a five mile one way trip into a thirty mile round the houses that was completely gridlocked on the return .
Ruined what is usually a 35 minute little run out into a three and a bit hour waste of time .

Waiters of youth with an 'alright mate' attitude. Don't get me wrong, I hate fawning obsequious attitudes too, but this is supposed to be a 'posh' place, and is far from cheap, but being asked 'what do you want to drink' in a surly manner isn't going to cut it, and certainly won't be getting any tips.

Did you bring your own Telegraph to rustle, or did they supply one?

Road closure between my village and the next one due to a bridge repair to fix the bridge repair a couple of months ago . Last time I avoided that journey , this time the road is closed for a week and was unable to avoid it. Turned a five mile one way trip into a thirty mile round the houses that was completely gridlocked on the return .
Ruined what is usually a 35 minute little run out into a three and a bit hour waste of time .
Sorry to hear. No possible alternative routes?

We have a problem living on an island, so unless you have an amphibious car you are a bit at the mercy of the ferry companies - or the unions!

Londo

LE
Sorry to hear. No possible alternative routes?

We have a problem living on an island, so unless you have an amphibious car you are a bit at the mercy of the ferry companies - or the unions!
No . The 30 mile route was the shortest , there are others but they are even longer unfortunately .
Could live with the distance , it was the gridlocked roads on the return .

Another irritant. Many things I read through a screen use the word 'insane' as an intensifier. I have travelled widely and seen many novel things, none of which has driven me insane. At least not more than the natural background level. Stop with the sensationalist bollocks.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
That is another thing. Everything from the media has to be 'extreme' or a 'crisis'.

It can't be warm (its summer) - or not much rain (its summer) etc

news report yesterday said due to a lack of dentists 'many' people were pulling their own teeth and making their own dentures. Really? Many, utter nonsense.

The media needs to exaggerate so they can feed their own agenda, I know it, but it bloody still irritates

and breath (again)

Latest Threads