Things that irritate me

aah yes.
The reason why AIDS was considered a gay Disease during the 80s was because the gay chaps were indulging in drug-fuelled orgies involving multiple partners, dangerous sexual practices, and taking no precautions.
Lessons learned? None, it seems
For some the responsibility lies solely with the virus itself and the homophobic attitudes prevalent within medical science that has not enabled a solution to allow them to continue living their dissolute lifestyles unhindered.

my 'favourite' is the mong who, when the instructor says 'that's it unless anyone has anymore questions', asks a fcuking question...........
"How does a jet engine work"?

Rhetorical btw. Ususally deployed by the class (half) wit.

CaptainRidiculous

On ROPS
On ROPs
For some the responsibility lies solely with the virus itself and the homophobic attitudes prevalent within medical science that has not enabled a solution to allow them to continue living their dissolute lifestyles unhindered.
Stats at the time were that chaps would have unprotected sex with up to a dozen others over a weekend.
Throw a 100 into a 'sauna club' environment, and have ONE HIV+ chap there, and the chances are that all 100 would be exposed by Sunday night.
Ditto with the IV drug users at the time.
Noooo, nothing to do with lack of cleanliness of needles/shared needles, the shoeing your immune system gets from the much-stepped-on product, nor the lack of decent nutrition, due to your spending all your ready cash on the next fix.

Being feckin cold.

Well , that's not really fair... living in a freezing draughty farmhouse in the Northwest of England, it kinda comes with the territory.

However.

Watching the Laydee cricketers live,(and every TV live report south of Brum showing burnt up desert instead of grass, and everyone walking round in t-shirts.....)

I've finally put my quilted shirt back on over a sweatshirt and thermal vest ...
It p*ssed down twice yesterday, bolloxing harvest up yet again....
( Oh, we KNOW everyone has finished and put their combines away Darn Sarf weeks ago)

Feckin Global Warming my Arrse!

(<10c last night.)
No feckin sun for ten days , even the cattle are coming in at night with their coats 'stood on end'

Heatwaves.... let's be aving one.

Did I mention it's cold?

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The M5 northbound from Bridgewater. Solid traffic any day, any time.

So much for no money, no fuel, and fear of disease. The world is on the move!
20220806_145854_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Still, you've got a lovely day for it :)
Yup. Good music, our own tea and apple cake on board and no idea where we'll stop for the night. What's not to like?

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And now, someone's had an accident and the M5 is at a standstill.
20220806_175152_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You should nip over into the other lane.

That one seems to be almost empty.
I would, but 5 police unmarked BMWs, a paramedic, a motorcycle and a marked police car have just gone down it at very high speed, using their blue fairy lights and playing two-tone music. They might not like my motorhome bimbling along.

Norsemaid

Old-Salt
The M5 northbound from Bridgewater. Solid traffic any day, any time.

So much for no money, no fuel, and fear of disease. The world is on the move!View attachment 683418
The M5 from Exeter is always slow from about June to September and becomes a car park . Not fun .
And now, someone's had an accident and the M5 is at a standstill.View attachment 683442
Yes.normal for M5 in the summer , it's near my neck of the woods and the M5 in the summer of a weekend is a no go.
Hope you get moving down though.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The M5 from Exeter is always slow from about June to September and becomes a car park . Not fun .

Yes.normal for M5 in the summer , it's near my neck of the woods and the M5 in the summer of a weekend is a no go.
Hope you get moving down though.
The previous Mr. GRB was from Bromsgrove. We regularly saw caravans on their side at the bottom of the hill. I honestly thought by this time on a Saturday, heading North, we'd be safe!

Latest Threads