Things that irritate me

When I bought my current car (previously enjoyed) it had been fitted with cheap Potenza tyres and the handling was pants. Replaced with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres and the handling is transformed, and I can go back to being the 60+ boy racer I was born to be :)

You're doing it the wrong way round then. When I was still riding, I deliberately chose crap tyres. They'd break away early, but more controllably than sticky tyres that would let go all at once. You also feel you're a hero as you control the rear wheel.

Edit: the usual mongness.

Last edited:
I used one once and regretted it the moment I saw the result.

But, there again, I am a pant-wetting softie.
Someone locally had put one outside his house with a mouse well and truly stuck, I read that olive oil would release the glue.
It does but I wonder how long the oily mouse lasted in the long grass of the nearest park, after all it must have seemed very tasty...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I learned a new word today........

' Edgelord '

I have observed more than a few on Arrse over the years - and yes the species irritate the fúck out of me.....I'm entitled to be old and grumpy.

' Edgelord '

I have observed more than a few on Arrse over the years - and yes the species irritate the fúck out of me.....I'm entitled to be old and grumpy.
Just another flavour of of 'drama queen'.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer

' Edgelord '

My first thought on reading that was that it referred to one who is amongst the upper hierarchies of the noble art of edging. Shame on me.

ed. spelling

Last edited:

DK27

Old-Salt
This is why the good lord invented Motörhead.
Makes me laugh about the dim wits on speaker phone. Most of these would look at you in horror if you pulled out a scanner (even though they can't get phone calls) and said, heard everything you and your dealer said. Said types worry about the authorities listening (Wot the Babylon and the Feds are getting this?) to them and then let everyone on the bus hear both sides of the call. Once heard on a train one silly mare give out her card details, including the three figures on the back, followed by her security questions/answers. Zero concept of COMSEC.

As for those playing crap rap and other sh*t music, got to have it on speaker as they want to be annoying and are looking for someone to dare them to turn it down. To be extra annoying they then proceed to use the floor as a dump for their fried chicken bones and other crap.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Makes me laugh about the dim wits on speaker phone. Most of these would look at you in horror if you pulled out a scanner (even though they can't get phone calls) and said, heard everything you and your dealer said. Said types worry about the authorities listening (Wot the Babylon and the Feds are getting this?) to them and then let everyone on the bus hear both sides of the call. Once heard on a train one silly mare give out her card details, including the three figures on the back, followed by her security questions/answers. Zero concept of COMSEC.

As for those playing crap rap and other sh*t music, got to have it on speaker as they want to be annoying and are looking for someone to dare them to turn it down. To be extra annoying they then proceed to use the floor as a dump for their fried chicken bones and other crap.
One deduces from your correspondence that you live in the metropolis formerly part of this once great nation. Fried chicken was a useful clue.

One deduces from your correspondence that you live in the metropolis formerly part of this once great nation. Fried chicken was a useful clue.
Even when they give you a little box or bucket or even a bag, some people are too scummy to carry it away. Ironically, they will never have the integrity & public service ethos of bus & train cleaners.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Even when they give you a little box or bucket or even a bag, some people are too scummy to carry it away. Ironically, they will never have the integrity & public service ethos of bus & train cleaners.
I live in a little village about 4 miles from the nearest town. Every morning when I walk my dogs I am appalled at the amount of cr@p that people have managed to chuck out of their cars overnight, mainly fast food packaging and energy drinks which they have bought in town and then consumed and thrown out on their way to or back from the local beauty spots.

A few years ago I drove to a local carpark adjoining Woodland Trust land. On returning to the car with my dogs there was a car parked of which the driver blatantly dropped a KFC or similar bag out of the window. Seeing red and not being the sharpest tool in the box when red mist takes hold*, I charged over and gave robust words of advice to the driver. I didn't know it but the driver was a young attractive lady (no pics) and her passenger was a bloke with Downs Syndrome (no pics), probably her brother, who was clearly distressed by the abuse that I'd hurled through the driver's side window.

I straight away backed off and the girl picked up the litter and put it back into the car. I felt like a complete cnut as the bloke was distraught, but then, how was I to know. Probably not bad people but just took it as a given that someone else would pick it up for them like the people who bag their dog's sh!te and then hang it up in the tree in the middle of the woods for the Einstazgruppen of the local council to hopefully collect.

*It could have been a couple of homicidal pikies and I'd already put the two Rotties (soft as fcuk but would die for their human family) back in the car. Like I said, not the sharpest tool in the box with the red mist but learning.

These things:

View attachment 672450

The air line, not the other thing.

What unholy tick-turd was allowed to put that . . . thing . . . into production?

How, in the name of the Bebby Jeebus and all his Cherubim and Seraphim, was that ever a good idea.

It can only be operated by people with 3 arms and two heads: 2 arms to wrestle the spunking thing from the Black Hole in which it is housed and the third to offer it up to your tyre.

The two heads give the advantage of another pair of eyes: one set to guide the knobthroating thing onto the valve and the other set to look for the lump of metal which has sprung, unbidden, from the depths of the car and has latched onto the hose.

'Orrible bastard things should be necklaced at every opportunity.
No the only thing that does my head in about those is paying for fcuking air!, Insert quid coin, get 10 psi out of it, beep beep money funster, another pound please! I even tried to cut time down by taking all four dust caps off first, oh no. In built CCTV picks up on that... "clever ba5tard are we?" lets limit the output to 5 pound per corner!

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
I live in a little village about 4 miles from the nearest town. Every morning when I walk my dogs I am appalled at the amount of cr@p that people have managed to chuck out of their cars overnight, mainly fast food packaging and energy drinks which they have bought in town and then consumed and thrown out on their way to or back from the local beauty spots.

A few years ago I drove to a local carpark adjoining Woodland Trust land. On returning to the car with my dogs there was a car parked of which the driver blatantly dropped a KFC or similar bag out of the window. Seeing red and not being the sharpest tool in the box when red mist takes hold*, I charged over and gave robust words of advice to the driver. I didn't know it but the driver was a young attractive lady (no pics) and her passenger was a bloke with Downs Syndrome (no pics), probably her brother, who was clearly distressed by the abuse that I'd hurled through the driver's side window.

I straight away backed off and the girl picked up the litter and put it back into the car. I felt like a complete cnut as the bloke was distraught, but then, how was I to know. Probably not bad people but just took it as a given that someone else would pick it up for them like the people who bag their dog's sh!te and then hang it up in the tree in the middle of the woods for the Einstazgruppen of the local council to hopefully collect.

*It could have been a couple of homicidal pikies and I'd already put the two Rotties (soft as fcuk but would die for their human family) back in the car. Like I said, not the sharpest tool in the box with the red mist but learning.
Don’t think you did anything wrong there.
Do not feel sorry just because the miscreant had Downs. It does not make them stupid or sociopathic. And the woman with him ought to have known better.

You were 100% in the right, 'don't litter' isn't arduous for anyone to understand.
Discretion can be the better part of valour. Thankfully most of the time you can walk away anyway.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Don’t think you did anything wrong there.
Do not feel sorry just because the miscreant had Downs. It does not make them stupid or sociopathic. And the woman with him ought to have known better.
Cheers mate. I'm more p1ssed off with myself as it could have been a couple of bigger boys and I could have been putting myself on offer because as we all know there are some nasty fcukers out there.

ed. to add. Since having my son who is now seven, I am conspicuously less likely to get involved.

DK27

Old-Salt
No, Herts/Essex just have to travel to it all hours of the day and night. Of course I have only mentioned those who behave in a stereotypical way and then wonder why they get a bad name.

DK27

Old-Salt
Another thing that winds me up. All these little "hippy crack" gas bottles and the associated discarded balloons that these plebs use. Seen loads scattered next to bins, just put them in it.

Even seen scum driving while taking this stuff.

Help, I am turning into Victor Meldrew! or Mr angry from Purley!

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
No, Herts/Essex just have to travel to it all hours of the day and night. Of course I have only mentioned those who behave in a stereotypical way and then wonder why they get a bad name.
Having lived in London and the south east for many years I can recommend West Wales from where I moved to south east England when a kid in the '70s and wonder why my parents did it (jobs). Now back here it's a 10 minute commute door to door. House prices have gone up but are still easily half what they are in the south east - I live in a village which I could never afford in England. There is none of the perceived Welsh Nash xenophobia, at least none that I've experienced (okay I have the caveat of being Welsh but most people assume I'm English because of my mockney accent). Nice place to live and there are jobs as long as you are realistic about wages.

CharleyBourne@MoveToWalesLookYouButt

Sponsored by the money grabbing cnuts in the senedd.

DK27

Old-Salt

Know what you mean. Mrs DK27 reckons I will die by being knifed for challenging some of the crap the rest of us put up with. Quote from her: just walk away and you will live a long life. May start carrying a sock full of coins. If stopped, just going to the coin star officer.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Know what you mean. Mrs DK27 reckons I will die by being knifed for challenging some of the crap the rest of us put up with. Quote from her: just walk away and you will live a long life. May start carrying a sock full of coins. If stopped, just going to the coin star officer.
I know what you mean. I'm the sort who will walk away from a confrontation in a pub if I haven't already managed to avoid it unless I'm absolutely pushed into a corner and fighting is the only recourse. Red mist takes over though. I suspect most of us are like that although I have had friends and colleagues over the years who are decent blokes who openly admit that they like a scrap and it's not a good night out without one and can back it up*.

I don't understand it myself and on the rare occasions when I have had to get stuck in it is because some idiot in my company has mouthed off or taken exception to another idiot mouthing off. I'd rather have a quiet pint and a letch at the totty that I have no chance of pulling.

*Is it just 'Wegians because an old Jockanese accquaintance of mine, a lovely bloke when sober, would have one sniff of the barmaid's knickers and then could start a fight in a nunnery.

Last edited:

Latest Threads