Things that irritate me

I've moaned about it before but haven't been away much during COVID to enforce my opinion. But it now seems perfectly acceptable to make all of your calls on speakerphone in public, and make everyone else put up with your shite music played at full chat on a tiny phone speaker. To make matters worse, shite parents allow their kids to play games/watch videos at breakfast in hotels sans headphones. W4nkers!!!
This is why the good lord invented Motörhead.

Bit of a moral dilemma here. Interested hear your collective thoughts on it. It's in this thread because it irritates the fcuk out of me.

I work in a warehouse. We currently have a rodent infestation problem which is not pleasant to work within, not least because of the risk to health from urine and faeces. The current external pest control is ineffectual.

A couple of days ago, a colleague who was shifting pallets around with the forks called me over and said "Have a look at this Charley".

I bimbled over and saw a nest with a few very young mice in it - about an inch long, pink, no fir, eyes shut, two of which were barely moving and another wriggling around.

I asked my mate what he was going to do and he said he was taking them out on a shovel and putting them on the grass outside.

I said that he couldn't do that as it was a very hot day and they would die slowly from dehydration and that the best thing to do would be to put them out of their misery. He said he agreed but he couldn't do it so, very reluctantly but believing it to be the best thing to do, I did the deed.

I went back to my bench not feeling on top of the world. A few minutes later, another colleague came up to me and said "Why did you do that?".

Not sure if he was having a laugh or not I told him that I'd done it as there was no alternative. Obviously really angry he told me was a murderer and walked off to the manager's office, calling me a cnut over his shoulder. I said something sarcastic like "Oh deary me" as I wasn't taking it lying down. I don't have the best temper control in the world and while not being nails by any stretch of the imagination and he has 20 years on me, it was probably best for both of us that he continued walking. I then went outside with the first colleague to try and find the ones that had already been taken out so I could do the best for them but couldn't find them.

Five minutes later he came back to his work bench and I tried to explain why I'd done it but he told me he wasn't talking to me. My response was "Suit yourself". The bloke in question I've got on fine with in the past. He's a bit hippy trippy new age but generally sound.

I worried a bit about it that night as I work for an "ethical" company and didn't want to get sacked for perceived animal cruelty, although the current pest control regime involves poison and sticky pads, which I despise.

The next morning, the manager who I'd obviously been bubbled to, asked me for my version. I told him what had happened and ommited the aggression and slagging I'd had as I didn't want to drop my colleague in it. He said that he totally supported what I'd done as there was no alternative, that he'd despatched one caught on a sticky pad that morning with a shovel and that he'd been in contact with the pest control firm who said they'd have done the same thing. He said he was going to have a word with the guy in question and explain that there was no other alternative. As one of the other blokes said "What were you going to do - give them milk and sprinkle some unicorn tears on them?"

The bloke in question is still not speaking to me. Get over yourself luv.

Apologies as this is a rather self-indulgent post but wanted to let some steam off. All comments (incoming!) appreciated.
Put rat poison in your colleagues tea and sandwiches

Bit of a moral dilemma here. Interested hear your collective thoughts on it. It's in this thread because it irritates the fcuk out of me.

I work in a warehouse. We currently have a rodent infestation problem which is not pleasant to work within, not least because of the risk to health from urine and faeces. The current external pest control is ineffectual.

A couple of days ago, a colleague who was shifting pallets around with the forks called me over and said "Have a look at this Charley".

I bimbled over and saw a nest with a few very young mice in it - about an inch long, pink, no fir, eyes shut, two of which were barely moving and another wriggling around.

I asked my mate what he was going to do and he said he was taking them out on a shovel and putting them on the grass outside.

I said that he couldn't do that as it was a very hot day and they would die slowly from dehydration and that the best thing to do would be to put them out of their misery. He said he agreed but he couldn't do it so, very reluctantly but believing it to be the best thing to do, I did the deed.

I went back to my bench not feeling on top of the world. A few minutes later, another colleague came up to me and said "Why did you do that?".

Not sure if he was having a laugh or not I told him that I'd done it as there was no alternative. Obviously really angry he told me was a murderer and walked off to the manager's office, calling me a cnut over his shoulder. I said something sarcastic like "Oh deary me" as I wasn't taking it lying down. I don't have the best temper control in the world and while not being nails by any stretch of the imagination and he has 20 years on me, it was probably best for both of us that he continued walking. I then went outside with the first colleague to try and find the ones that had already been taken out so I could do the best for them but couldn't find them.

Five minutes later he came back to his work bench and I tried to explain why I'd done it but he told me he wasn't talking to me. My response was "Suit yourself". The bloke in question I've got on fine with in the past. He's a bit hippy trippy new age but generally sound.

I worried a bit about it that night as I work for an "ethical" company and didn't want to get sacked for perceived animal cruelty, although the current pest control regime involves poison and sticky pads, which I despise.

The next morning, the manager who I'd obviously been bubbled to, asked me for my version. I told him what had happened and ommited the aggression and slagging I'd had as I didn't want to drop my colleague in it. He said that he totally supported what I'd done as there was no alternative, that he'd despatched one caught on a sticky pad that morning with a shovel and that he'd been in contact with the pest control firm who said they'd have done the same thing. He said he was going to have a word with the guy in question and explain that there was no other alternative. As one of the other blokes said "What were you going to do - give them milk and sprinkle some unicorn tears on them?"

The bloke in question is still not speaking to me. Get over yourself luv.

Apologies as this is a rather self-indulgent post but wanted to let some steam off. All comments (incoming!) appreciated.
We have mice at the end of the garden. I do small game hunting from the dining room with a Weihrauch HW35E .22. It's the equivalent of a Tiger's long 88, overkill, but quick.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Yep, those sticky pads should be checked every morning, the cruel things. Old fashioned metal traps are kinder.
I heard that they are being banned, I think in England and Wales, next year. Not before time. A couple of boys in the warehouse have said that they have found them after the weekend gnawing through their legs to get away. The bloke who has an issue with me should be complaining to HR about their use if he is that concerned about animal welfare.

I heard that they are being banned, I think in England and Wales, next year. Not before time. A couple of boys in the warehouse have said that they have found them after the weekend gnawing through their legs to get away. The bloke who has an issue with me should be complaining to HR about their use if he is that concerned about animal welfare.
I used one once and regretted it the moment I saw the result.

But, there again, I am a pant-wetting softie.

Tell him the good news about Lymes Disease.
I used glue traps at my last abode, and happily bludgeoned the furry ******* with a spade, and tipped them down the outside storm drain.

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
This is why the good lord invented Motörhead.
We went out for a meal at a lovely pub the other Sunday, woodburners, sofas, great food etc, not ruined but spoilt by the numerous mongs around who thought we all want to hear the hilarious cat falling off roofs dits from YouTube on their phones because they cannot engage in conversation or even sit in silence for more than a minute without being "entertained". Fcuk off to McDonalds you cnuts.

#metoo

For something as simple as a puncture you ruin the tyre after spraying that repair gunk into it.
Kerching!

But at the other end, if you get a blow out, no compressor in the world will re inflate your tyre.
Or a badly curbed wheel. And you need to drive for 20 minutes or something the spread it around & cure (as I found out to my annoyance when some cnut did my tyres I the MOT ran out).

glad rag

Old-Salt
I dare say that the kind of people who own a Lamborghini think nothing of it... especially if it's daddy who is picking up the bill.
Have you never seen the smart, new cars being filled up at ASDA, Sainsburys etc? Save 10p a liter when putting in twenty quid of pish fuel.....

glad rag

Old-Salt
We have mice at the end of the garden. I do small game hunting from the dining room with a Weihrauch HW35E .22. It's the equivalent of a Tiger's long 88, overkill, but quick.
As they said at the Kings Lynn club, If you can't shoot them in the head...don't.
Which is why I advocate pre charged over a twanger any day. And my twanger was set up by Steve Pope at Vmach...

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I find it irritating that nobody like that wakes me up in the morning. She could leave the stocking and suspenders off though if she likes, and all hair and skin colours are acceptable. She could also help with my nuts.

Did he mean he had never read a book from cover to cover or was he saying that he never read anything?
As he was a Police 9s and call taker I'm presuming that he at least read the serials. However I'm guessing not a Chekov fan.

Journalists. All of them are twats anyway, but I’ve recently noticed a new trend in slang being used in articles.
Two I’ve seen recently are -

1. Mr Smith went back to his room for a kip before going out again.
2. Piers Morgan clapped back at the interviewer by stating.......

Kip and ‘clapped back’ , which I understand means to respond strongly, used in national newspapers?

Are they using 15 year olds to write for them nowadays?
My local rag is shocking for this. (I only read it for the comments which can be hilarious.)
Their 'journalists' will regularly quote people who have nothing of value to add.
A particular recent favourite was along the lines of 'We saw the air ambulance land and wandered over to see what was happening. A police officer told us there had been an incident but we don't know what it was'
This towards the end of the article detailing exactly what the incident was.

As they said at the Kings Lynn club, If you can't shoot them in the head...don't.
Which is why I advocate pre charged over a twanger any day. And my twanger was set up by Steve Pope at Vmach...
Rats, rabbits, yes, but I think that a .22 against something the size of a mouse, anything to the front half would be instant death. In any case, I've had one still alive in the time it takes me to walk to the end of the garden.
Steve Pope setting up your 'twanger' only means that Steve Pope could pretty much guarantee hitting anything Steve Pope aimed at, at the range it was set up for.

Latest Threads