Things that irritate me

The wee fanny who single-handedly shut the M8 eastbound tonight by sitting on the parapet of the motorway. Five fire engines, at least five police vehicles, God knows how many ambulances attended. Countless people, myself included spent two hours stationary.

Next time you decide to threaten to hurl yourself from the dizzy height of twelve feet, just do it at home, that way you won't ruin my evening.
Steady shift though.........apart from the fact there may be people in genuine need and not just attention seeking bell ends.

And the answer is.............and no it is not to do with evil or freemasonry.
The Greek phalanx always stood with left foot forward with interlocked shields and moved off with the left foot first, but to confuse the enemy they shouted by the right :D ;)

I thought it was because it was Roman and it looked sinister.

Spineless colleagues.

I have been told that a number of people I work with were 'intimidated' and 'afraid' of some 16 year olds being a bit noisy on their last day. If you're afraid of children then maybe working in a secondary school isn't for you. Yes, there was a big group of them and they were shouting but that's what teenage lads do when excited. All it took was a bit of calm eye contact and talking to them to get them to go home.

It's not as if the school in question is inner city and full of knife wielding thugs, it's average teenage boys with more bollocks than functioning brain cells.

The more time I spend talking to people in the hobby departments the more I agree with the Mail comments that teachers are incompetent fuckwits. How hard is it to say "It's the end of the day, go home"?
I can certainly understand a new or student teacher being a bit intimidated, as teenage boys can get a bit boisterous, but shouldn't be a problem for anyone with experience.

Old men in f***ing shorts and loafers/sandals/flipflops...put your horrible scrawny legs away you f***ing horrible people and as for wearing f***ing sandals, flip fops or f***ing loafers.

Shoot them, shoot them all.
You've not been to NZ or Aussie then?

I can certainly understand a new or student teacher being a bit intimidated, as teenage boys can get a bit boisterous, but shouldn't be a problem for anyone with experience.
True but from the number reported they can't have all been trainees. Some of them are just soft emotional needy types (often found teaching drama, music etc.). One particularly stupid example was being told at a staff meeting that an experienced teacher of 8+ years was 'afraid' to be in a room by themselves speaking to parents via Zoom.

I think it's also a factor that more and more trainees seem to come from private schools or grammar schools. All well and good but they seem to expect students to behave without negative consequences for cocking about. They then wonder why teenagers, having seen no consequences for being a dick, continue to push boundaries until they do get a response.

Same issue in both cases, it's soft cnuts afraid to challenge teenage gobshites over small issues that leads gobshites to think they run the place. If those teachers were just willing to walk in like they owned the place and bollock anyone messing about it would be easier for everyone.

As I grow older I get more grateful for being sent to the local comprehensive in the middle of a council estate as I at least learnt some lessons in reality, getting on with ********* and recognising the difference between when I might get my head kicked in compared to some high spirits and shouting.

Edit - the teachers are all willing to give it Billy Big Bollocks in staff meetings, not quite so willing to wade into a scrap and drag 6 foot teenagers off each other. Something that stood out last time a member of staff ended up rolling about on the floor with miscreants, I intervened and was told "not all staff would have done that". Cowards.

Last edited:
The wee fanny who single-handedly shut the M8 eastbound tonight by sitting on the parapet of the motorway. Five fire engines, at least five police vehicles, God knows how many ambulances attended. Countless people, myself included spent two hours stationary.

Next time you decide to threaten to hurl yourself from the dizzy height of twelve feet, just do it at home, that way you won't ruin my evening.
Seems to have been a few of late along the M8 was in the office today but shoved off early and went home via EK a route I normally hate due to Nearsden looks like I dodged a bullet.

I thought it was because it was Roman and it looked sinister.
Nope it is because men are generally right hand dominant and thus the left leg moves the opposite, so as the left side of the body is "weaker" and arms or heavy kit was carried on the right shoulder, balance was needed.
I read this years ago and thought , there might be something in that. I know even carrying a daysack from Lidl I always step off with the left.
Look it up, it's weird but there are good reasons.
There are the masonic/religious things about the left being evil and stepping into evil with the left and quenching with the right. I will go for the first description of basic physiology.

Nope it is because men are generally right hand dominant and thus the left leg moves the opposite, so as the left side of the body is "weaker" and arms or heavy kit was carried on the right shoulder, balance was needed.
I read this years ago and thought , there might be something in that. I know even carrying a daysack from Lidl I always step off with the left.
Look it up, it's weird but there are good reasons.
There are the masonic/religious things about the left being evil and stepping into evil with the left and quenching with the right. I will go for the first description of basic physiology.
Yebbut wot about the southern hemisphere? (assuming they can tell left from right and aren't stepping over discarded chip wrappers and books) ;)

Yebbut wot about the southern hemisphere? (assuming they can tell left from right and aren't stepping over discarded chip wrappers and books) ;)
It is the same rules that apply, all that stuff about sinks draining a different way is a myth, oh that Southern Hemisphere. South of Blue Boar services that land means nothing to me.

It is the same rules that apply, all that stuff about sinks draining a different way is a myth, oh that Southern Hemisphere. South of Blue Boar services that land means nothing to me.
Ooooh Vienna!

Children ‘running around’… ie parents absolve any responsibility and feck the little feckers off to annoy everyone with their stupid feckin flappy footed ‘running’ which doesn’t increase speed, just makes more irritating noise, but not within the hearing of said Sperm Donors/Tyne Tunnel replicas…

Yeah I know, this fence is really digging in my Ärse…
Especially in supermarkets where the little horrors are dragging stuff of the shelves and rolling around on the deck screeching like it's a casting scene for the feckin exorcist bedroom scene.

And just generally doing stuff that would have had my legs purple for weeks as a nipper, whilst the so called parents are gurning and yarning away oblivious to the carnage and ear peircing racket as if their offspring are total strangers to them (like the fathers in most cases I would hazard).

Especially in supermarkets where the little horrors are dragging stuff of the shelves and rolling around on the deck screeching like it's a casting scene for the feckin exorcist bedroom scene.

And just generally doing stuff that would have had my legs purple for weeks as a nipper, whilst the so called parents are gurning and yarning away oblivious to the carnage and ear peircing racket as if their offspring are total strangers to them (like the fathers in most cases I would hazard).
Probably having inane conversations to their equally inane friends on the mobile phone.

so called parents are gurning
Apparently at the weekend my next door neighbours latest offspring had a christening. guests were asked to come in trackies and Liverpool tops, I kid you not! Her (The mother) own brother who attended in a suit walked out in disgrace that she was gurning after a night on the peruvian marching powder and was half pi55ed. At her own sons christening. Her brother is a nice lad, was a bit rough but has turned himself around and works hard as a brickie. He walked in the pub all suited and booted and was visibly shaken, just said drink up because that shower of shit I am ashamed to call family will be coming in soon.
Isn't todays society great.

Apparently at the weekend my next door neighbours latest offspring had a christening. guests were asked to come in trackies and Liverpool tops, I kid you not! Her (The mother) own brother who attended in a suit walked out in disgrace that she was gurning after a night on the peruvian marching powder and was half pi55ed. At her own sons christening. Her brother is a nice lad, was a bit rough but has turned himself around and works hard as a brickie. He walked in the pub all suited and booted and was visibly shaken, just said drink up because that shower of shit I am ashamed to call family will be coming in soon.
Isn't todays society great.
Aaah yes, now the sprog is popped, mother can go BACK to abuse of drugs.
I sincerely hope she isn't breast feeding.