Things that irritate me

Tuneless ******* whistlers

in th cafe having a pensioners cheapy muffin and a coffee, totally spoilled by some tone deaf old **** peeping away some tune, only known to himself, in his demented old ******* head
Possibly related to the pedestrian underpass harmonica playing vagrant.

Apparently alternately sucking and blowing entirely random notes in a tuneless and repetitive manner is a skill and art form deserving of monetary reward.

in th cafe having a pensioners cheapy muffin and a coffee, totally spoilled by some tone deaf old **** peeping away some tune, only known to himself, in his demented old ******* head

wasssamatter, I thought eveyone knew the tune to " I cannot ever find a straight banana" you miserable old scroat, I was trying me best!

He was obviously a Roger Whittaker walt.

Serves you right for being a cheap skate & having a pensioners special. I won’t sit near the Hoi polloi.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Well-meaning strangers.

"Do you know the front of your car is fucked?"

No. You hum it and I'll play it.

I got a de walt and my eyes were opened to the joys of clutches and powerful cordless drills as opposed to the B&Q knock off I'd had for years.
The other week I got an own brand drill in Aldi for 20 quid. I've been quite impressed by it so far and only charged it twice as opposed to the de walt that gets it battery swapped during every job as it gets tired.
Warranty was pretty long too so if I do burn it out I can wander back in and get my money back :)
I just biought x2 De Walt drills , 2 batteries. Scrwfx 99 each. 18volt , so power enough , but a bit 'uncultured', grinding gears, as compared to the Makita [NiCd!] electric soft brake. Good deal, though.

I just biought x2 De Walt drills , 2 batteries. Scrwfx 99 each. 18volt , so power enough , but a bit 'uncultured', grinding gears, as compared to the Makita [NiCd!] electric soft brake. Good deal, though.

You get what you pay for, a good workman's battery drill, with at least a 3.5 Ah battery, torque clutch, and hammer action, will set you back at least £200, anything else is false economy. Its worth your while to invest in good kit. one of my many drills is 15 years old, its looks tatty, but still works admirably. If you can afford it go for a higher voltage drill, 24v gives you the advantage of bigger drill bits, especially masonry. its worth the investment. Not all makes are as good as they seem, de-walt can be overpriced. General rule of thumb, green casing, DIY, blue casing, professional, site standard., usually with a more powerful motor. A good drill will come with 2 batteries, in a carry case, and some throw in some drill bits, protective goggles, and the Hilti drills, are considered by many as the Rolls Royce of drills, a lifetimes guarantee, and a registration service, which means if it is stolen, and returned for repair, they contact plod. Very expensive, but by all that's hairy, what a machine!

Last edited:
Facebook and Twitter. Been on them about two hours and I fcuking hate them already.

Been badgered by the kids lately to get on both so we can "stay in touch" .. fair enough, anything for a quiet life.

Within minutes of opening a Facebook account and on trying to open the page it wouldn't let me in saying that there had been "unusual activity on my account" .. how ??, I'd had it exactly ten minutes and all I had done was log in, make an account and then log off. I was then instructed that, in order to unlock the account I was to upload a photo of me "that clearly shows my face and no other people" and that "once we confirm this is you we will delete the picture" .. eh ?? .. How can they confirm its me when they don't know what I look like and why do they want a mugshot of me ??

Twitter did the same crap within minutes of creating an account. Both accounts now sitting waiting for a picture that's never going to be uploaded.

If the kids want to "stay in touch" with me they can phone me.

Social media. Bunch of arse.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Facebook and Twitter. Been on them about two hours and I fcuking hate them already.

Been badgered by the kids lately to get on both so we can "stay in touch" .. fair enough, anything for a quiet life.

Within minutes of opening a Facebook account and on trying to open the page it wouldn't let me in saying that there had been "unusual activity on my account" .. how ??, I'd had it exactly ten minutes and all I had done was log in, make an account and then log off. I was then instructed that, in order to unlock the account I was to upload a photo of me "that clearly shows my face and no other people" and that "once we confirm this is you we will delete the picture" .. eh ?? .. How can they confirm its me when they don't know what I look like and why do they want a mugshot of me ??

Twitter did the same crap within minutes of creating an account. Both accounts now sitting waiting for a picture that's never going to be uploaded.

If the kids want to "stay in touch" with me they can phone me.

Social media. Bunch of arse.
I learned a salutary lesson from Faecebook last night, having commented on a local business, and tried to give honest advice, I was told that I had been "needlessly spiteful, damaging to her business" and that she had "cried all night" because of my remarks.

I've apologised because I don't like ill feeling, (I didn't say anything rude or personal) but FFS if you're going to run your own business perhaps you should put your big-girl pants on and take a couple of fortitude capsules.

Oh, and "animal lovers" who are really just "people haters" trying to be virtuous.

I learned a salutary lesson from Faecebook last night, having commented on a local business, and tried to give honest advice, I was told that I had been "needlessly spiteful, damaging to her business" and that she had "cried all night" because of my remarks.

I've apologised because I don't like ill feeling, (I didn't say anything rude or personal) but FFS if you're going to run your own business perhaps you should put your big-girl pants on and take a couple of fortitude capsules.

Oh, and "animal lovers" who are really just "people haters" trying to be virtuous.
Jesus. Talk about thin skin. Seems to be a standard thing on the internet these days though doesn't it ??, its either people taking offence or shouting you down. No one really seems to be discussing anything and learning from each other. You would think, as a business owner that she would be thanking you for being honest and asking you what improvements you would like to see.

Kinda glad I got locked out of it now !!

Jesus. Talk about thin skin. Seems to be a standard thing on the internet these days though doesn't it ??, its either people taking offence or shouting you down. No one really seems to be discussing anything and learning from each other. You would think, as a business owner that she would be thanking you for being honest and asking you what improvements you would like to see.

Kinda glad I got locked out of it now !!
Don't forget getting offended on behalf of someone else as well .

Classic case years ago here in Oxford was a North Oxford womens group campaigning to not have Christmas lights incase the cities muslim population where offended . The muslim population came back with ' no , we like them , they look great and christmas is fun for us too ' !

Council set to axe Christmas

Stupid bothering cunts . If they had had to work for a living they would not have to fill there days campaigning bollocks .

Within minutes of opening a Facebook account and on trying to open the page it wouldn't let me in saying that there had been "unusual activity on my account" .. how ??, I'd had it exactly ten minutes and all I had done was log in, make an account and then log off.
In the same vein, I recently claimed my state pension and had to provide a pile of documentary evidence of entitlement, address, etc. Within 6 months, I then received the “are you still alive form”. Wha a waste of everybody’s time

Classic case years ago here in Oxford was a North Oxford womens group campaigning to not have Christmas lights incase the cities muslim population where offended . The muslim population came back with ' no , we like them , they look great and christmas is fun for us too ' !

Stupid bothering cnuts . If they had had to work for a living they would not have to fill there days campaigning bollocks .
We had the same kind of thing on a rig I worked on for a bit. Do gooder Medic tried to have smoking banned throughout the platform, that didn't last long. Then she tried getting Bacon rolls banned at break times as we had two Muslim guys onboard. She was told by both guys that they don't care if anyone else eats bacon and to wind her neck in. They were good lads and workers after contracts with the company and didn't want that sort of attention.

She left after we downloaded a couple of Brasseye episodes and played them while she was in the Rec Room, knowing she loved a good cause she went into full outrage mode. After realising she had been had she eventually quit and accused all and sundry of bullying.

Its not just online, they're everywhere !!

Stupid bothering cnuts . If they had had to work for a living they would not have to fill there days campaigning bollocks .
We had the same kind of thing on a rig I worked on for a bit. Do gooder Medic tried to have smoking banned throughout the platform, that didn't last long. Then she tried getting Bacon rolls banned at break times as we had two Muslim guys onboard. She was told by both guys that they don't care if anyone else eats bacon and to wind her neck in. They were good lads and workers after contracts with the company and didn't want that sort of attention.

She left after we downloaded a couple of Brasseye episodes and played them while she was in the Rec Room, knowing she loved a good cause she went into full outrage mode. After realising she had been had she eventually quit and accused all and sundry of bullying.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

I had to give you a "like" because there's no "I despair" icon.

Having been, for an inordinately brief time frame, a Pee Tee Eye, I'm still tuned in to sports descriptions - "He / she is a fully qualified coach /instructor in - name the sport or activity." never fails to irritate me.

You're either qualified or not, and yes, I'm aware of coaching progressions.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer