Things that irritate me

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
She bought a new Kindle the other week. Her fifth. She will keep on knacking them. Hey-ho.

When it arrives she goes to plug it in with her old charger cable. "It won't fit, they've sent me the wrong Kindle". So I have a look and lo and behold the Kindle now has a USB-C socket, not whatever her old one was. Hence why the old cable "wouldn't fit".

She looks in the box, "Oh here's a cable", which - amazingly - fits in the new Kindle.

Now you might be thinking at this point that it's SWMBO that is irritating me. Which she is but I'm used to that (gibber, twitch). No, she then moaned that the new cable was a bit short. So I ordered her a longer one from Amazon.

Everything at Maison Scum is now sweet and lovely.

Apart from the numerous emails from Amazon offering me USB-C cables.

I'VE JUST FCUKING BOUGHT ONE, WHY WOULD I WANT ANOTHER LESS THAN A MONTH AFTER I'D BOUGHT ONE YOU FCUKING MONGS?
You err do know you can opt out of those emails right?

You err do know you can opt out of those emails right?
Yes but, just occasionally, they send something that catches my eye.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
She bought a new Kindle the other week. Her fifth. She will keep on knacking them. Hey-ho.

When it arrives she goes to plug it in with her old charger cable. "It won't fit, they've sent me the wrong Kindle". So I have a look and lo and behold the Kindle now has a USB-C socket, not whatever her old one was. Hence why the old cable "wouldn't fit".

She looks in the box, "Oh here's a cable", which - amazingly - fits in the new Kindle.

Now you might be thinking at this point that it's SWMBO that is irritating me. Which she is but I'm used to that (gibber, twitch). No, she then moaned that the new cable was a bit short. So I ordered her a longer one from Amazon.

I'VE JUST FCUKING BOUGHT ONE, WHY WOULD I WANT ANOTHER LESS THAN A MONTH AFTER I'D BOUGHT ONE YOU FCUKING MONGS?

So that you can have one at work, in the car, in kitchen, on your computer and in bedroom.

So that you can have one at work, in the car, in kitchen, on your computer and in bedroom.
She'd still not be able to find one when she needs it.

There's something to be said about physical storefronts that offer goods slightly more expensive than online, and that is you can tell them to f**k off if they ask for any off your data when purchasing said item

Last edited:
Calling someone from the office at 9:30 in the morning only to receive a "You have called outside office hours" autoreply from the other party.

He should get a REALLY long cable that can do all 5 places.
I wonder who would sell them? ;)
How long a cable do you need to use in both the house and car?

Maybe some sort of lighter adapter or portable battery would be a better option.

Last edited:
Hmm. I have to say, I've got a few USB-c leads that are only about 6" long & they're good enough & cheap enough to leave in pockets, bags, cars, drawers
Same here, along with all the other various USB types and then some (Apple @$&$(&@%$&!(!) Even have a few Li-on battery packs handy for emergencies.

In the car or at home, I can cover pretty much anything that uses a USB port for power.

I use a PAYG mobile phone as I spend about 15 quid a year on air time, not bothering much with the bastard thing. Over time it's accrued around 30 or 40 quid worth so when I do make the odd call, I expect the damned thing to work.

Getting eye drops for ntombezaan, I'm faced with a selection of shit that would quite obviously lead me to pick the wrong one (which I did as it turned out). Dial her number and phone informs me I have zero air time. Only thing I've done out of the ordinary recently with it is to reply stop to unsubscribe from some dumbfuck advertising shit encouraging me to subscribe to some mongery, which I usually just delete. All I can think of is it was a scam to get to my phone and hoover up any credit.

Easier to just keep deleting the shit that comes through and hoof any random Vodacrap employee I meet in the crotch. They must be making a fortune from this kind of bullshit to allow it to pollute their networks. It can only be described as a form of corruption to allow their customers to be harrassed in this manner on a platform for which those being harrassed have to pay.

Ssshhh!

Don't poke him: at least he's eased off with the soul destroying 'Memory jog . . . ' followed by a death-inducing recap of every day of his BAOR service.

*shiver*
I know I was taking a risk but at least I didn’t tag him.

Strange thing there your post jogs my memory back in my time in BAOR………….

I was occasionally pissed:)

Latest Threads