Things that irritate me

We were saying just the same. What's going to fall on their heads, ffs?
No problem as Getafix will sort them out with some potion.

Don't listen to them. Everyone knows it was the sky they were worried about.

pic2450826.jpg

Other diversities are available. Bend over near them and you might well find out how dangerous a trowel can be.
I think I have a case of of Janet and John on the radio by the redoubtable terry Wogan, coming on;
"See the Yellow hard hat?
Have you got a Yellow Hard hat?
Janet has got a Trowel.
See her throw the trowel at the stupid archaeologist and the hard hat."

I think I have a case of of Janet and John on the radio by the redoubtable terry Wogan, coming on;
"See the Yellow hard hat?
Have you got a Yellow Hard hat?
Janet has got a Trowel.
See her throw the trowel at the stupid archaeologist and the hard hat."

Look, Pat, Look.
See the Yellow Hard Hat?
"Argghhh, get it off!" screamed the Yellow Hard Hat man.
Good dog, Pat.
John trained Pat well.

Chef

LE
Myself for switching on BBC2. It is all Alice Roberts fault for being so alluring that I was tempted to watch Digging for Britain. Within ten minutes I was ranting at the TV as she interviewed disabled and BAME (archeologists) who could hardly string a sentence together. One lady on a dig was so immaculately attired and manicured I doubt if she had ever done any archeology. The dig on an HS2 site everyone was immaculately dressed in full PPE boots Orange high vis suits gloves goggles and hard hats one even had ear defence FFS. How dangerous can a trowel and a little brush be.
There was a delightful cartoon of two archeologists in a hole with the caption reading,

'The spectators have gone, we can get the pickaxes out again'.

2000AD

War Hero
Myself for switching on BBC2. It is all Alice Roberts fault for being so alluring that I was tempted to watch Digging for Britain. Within ten minutes I was ranting at the TV as she interviewed disabled and BAME (archeologists) who could hardly string a sentence together. One lady on a dig was so immaculately attired and manicured I doubt if she had ever done any archeology. The dig on an HS2 site everyone was immaculately dressed in full PPE boots Orange high vis suits gloves goggles and hard hats one even had ear defence FFS. How dangerous can a trowel and a little brush be.
I watched part of the one at the Devizes prison site. Had to turn it off; dumbed down, torpid, utterly disinteresting bollocks.

It was as dreary as the series they ran over a couple of years ago which as I seem to recall was dubbed "Britain at a low ebb" or "tide". It may have been tide but ebb seemed so much more appropriate.

Why has documentary making declined to such a poor standard?

It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer and a sad reflection of the general decline in standards across so much of our society. How the fudge do we bring our institutes back up to par and not doom ourselves to a future lacking ambition and depth of thought and analysis.

Yokel

LE

Just a thought - it may have been standard for anyone working on that construction site, and the company in charge insisted on the rules for everyone including visitors?

Why has documentary making declined to such a poor standard?

It's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer and a sad reflection of the general decline in standards across so much of our society. How the fudge do we bring our institutes back up to par and not doom ourselves to a future lacking ambition and depth of thought and analysis.

Dumbing down instead of educating up?

Not so many years ago, BBC Two screened a series of three fascinating programmes about the development of technologies, called The Genius of Invention. Some old farts may have thought that the presentation was too modern, others probably thought that parts were too high brow, but I liked it and found it both entertaining and educational.

BBC - The Genius of Invention

wheel

LE
Just a thought - it may have been standard for anyone working on that construction site, and the company in charge insisted on the rules for everyone including visitors?

Dumbing down instead of educating up?

Not so many years ago, BBC Two screened a series of three fascinating programmes about the development of technologies, called The Genius of Invention. Some old farts may have thought that the presentation was too modern, others probably thought that parts were too high brow, but I liked it and found it both entertaining and educational.

BBC - The Genius of Invention
Main point of H&S : Reasonable and Practicable.
The cost of all that kit must have been astronomical.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PR probably insisted it would make the company look good on telly.

Yokel

LE
PR probably insisted it would make the company look good on telly.

Did it have company insignia on it? If so then it was free advertising. The company also has to consider what happens if someone gets injured, takes them to court, and they did not supply PPE.

When Boris Johnson visited a local shipyard he had to ear the same hi viz jacket, helmet, etc as everyone else.

The fact that Megraine and her dipstick Ginge retard have found something new the whinge over.
"Their UK" security.
So, when the Phuck were they thinking of landing and polluting our airtimes?

Exactly this and it’s been standard practice for decades.

The flip side of the PPE thing was me cringing at the Boxgrove documentary a few years ago when the academics in charge (who obviously deemed themselves immune from both H&S legislation and the risk of injury) described how they had folk working barefoot while excavating large scatters of worked flint and debitage to avoid damaging the site.

When was the last time you saw anyone on a construction site not wearing head to foot fluorescent nylon? The same rules that say digger drivers and sparkles wear it applies to archaeologist.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
When was the last time you saw anyone on a construction site not wearing head to foot fluorescent nylon? The same rules that say digger drivers and sparkles wear it applies to archaeologist.
Except on normal digs, where shorts, trainers, t-shirts and sun hats are still de rigeur.

Only publicly funded ones or those run by major private archaeology contractors have PPE.

Except on normal digs, where shorts, trainers, t-shirts and sun hats are still de rigeur.

Only publicly funded ones or those run by major private archaeology contractors have PPE emblazoned with company and sponsor logos.
Just added a bit.