Things that irritate me

Who cares ?

Those whose minds are capable of picking up on nuances and making connections to seemingly unrelated matters. A technique that has long been a mainstay of something called "humour".

I've provided a link for you to the Wikipedia article on humour. You might find it educational.

Only the terminally stupid would not have understood.

Well, you didn't. How many times did you ask for clarification? ... :-D

See above - the terminally stupid are unlikely to make such connections. Although, I suppose ARRSE is probably full of counterexamples. =(

Those whose minds are capable of picking up on nuances and making connections to seemingly unrelated matters. A technique that has long been a mainstay of something called "humour".

I've provided a link for you to the Wikipedia article on humour. You might find it educational.

Well, you didn't. How many times did you ask for clarification? ... :-D

See above - the terminally stupid are unlikely to make such connections. Although, I suppose ARRSE is probably full of counterexamples. =(
I've got plenty of humour, that doesn't stop one from being a grumpy cnut though, everyone can be a grammar nazi, some call them out some don't. It's usually the same folk highlighting the grammar issues all over the site. I am pleased I have a healthy sex life, which prevents me from joining the ranks of those whom are afflicted.

I've got plenty of humour, that doesn't stop one from being a grumpy cnut though...

Two has noticed.

I've got plenty of humour, that doesn't stop one from being a grumpy cnut though, everyone can be a grammar nazi, some call them out some don't. It's usually the same folk highlighting the grammar issues all over the site. I am pleased I have a healthy sex life, which prevents me from joining the ranks of those whom are afflicted.

Yeah, it can sometimes be a fine line between being a Grammar Nazi and picking up on grammar for the sake of humour. In this instance, though, *you* weren't picked up for the "who's", so GramNaz behaviour isn't the case here. It was, from all appearances, a simple, humorous reflection on a literal interpretation of what you'd written.

previously linked Wiki ref on humour said:
Root components
Being reflective of or imitative of reality
Surprise/misdirection, contradiction/paradox, ambiguity.

Anyway, you can probably blame the military for some GramNazis' strictness. After years of getting red-inked papers to correct, plus attending joined-up writing courses, poachers can easily turn into fervent gamekeepers who can spot a dodgy apostrophe at a thousand paces.

Two has noticed.

Yeah, it can sometimes be a fine line between being a Grammar Nazi and picking up on grammar for the sake of humour. In this instance, though, *you* weren't picked up for the "who's", so GramNaz behaviour isn't the case here. It was, from all appearances, a simple, humorous reflection on a literal interpretation of what you'd written.

Anyway, you can probably blame the military for some GramNazis' strictness. After years of getting red-inked papers to correct, plus attending joined-up writing courses, poachers can easily turn into fervent gamekeepers who can spot a dodgy apostrophe at a thousand paces.
I am mad keen on attention to detail, not so much though posting on threads that are in the the ******** though etc.

Two has noticed.

. . . that and the simple fact that it doesn't make sense . . .

Two has noticed.

Two people, two pence, two pound, Two's up, two Dicks etc ?

See it's easy.

What about midget submarines then?

Or micro aggressions, can't bel ong before those words are banned for being heightist

wheel

LE
Myself for switching on BBC2. It is all Alice Roberts fault for being so alluring that I was tempted to watch Digging for Britain. Within ten minutes I was ranting at the TV as she interviewed disabled and BAME (archeologists) who could hardly string a sentence together. One lady on a dig was so immaculately attired and manicured I doubt if she had ever done any archeology. The dig on an HS2 site everyone was immaculately dressed in full PPE boots Orange high vis suits gloves goggles and hard hats one even had ear defence FFS. How dangerous can a trowel and a little brush be.

Myself for switching on BBC2. It is all Alice Roberts fault for being so alluring that I was tempted to watch Digging for Britain. Within ten minutes I was ranting at the TV as she interviewed disabled and BAME (archeologists) who could hardly string a sentence together. One lady on a dig was so immaculately attired and manicured I doubt if she had ever done any archeology. The dig on an HS2 site everyone was immaculately dressed in full PPE boots Orange high vis suits gloves goggles and hard hats one even had ear defence FFS. How dangerous can a trowel and a little brush be.

Other diversities are available. Bend over near them and you might well find out how dangerous a trowel can be.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We were saying just the same. What's going to fall on their heads, ffs?

Latest Threads