Things that irritate me

Right that's it...

Irony. Patronising.

Point 1. Using irony instead of hypocrisy - just stop it!

Point 2. Using patronising instead of condescending - see Point 1.

Yes yes, they sort of mean the same thing, but they don't. In the same way an aeroplane can be fixed wing or rotary wing, but we don't call a helicopter an aeroplane.

Irony is more relevant to an effect having an uncanny resemblence (but not necessarily related) to the cause. Example:

"Mark was ran over by an ambulance"

Patronising someone, whilst it is condescending, it more specifically relates to situations such as false praise or assurance. Example:

"Please stay on the line, your call is very important to us". (like how do they know I'm sat in my skiddies and only calling to ask the woman what undies she is wearing).

Time for a beer.

And a w@nk.

I was suddenly fast balled to be an expert witness in a court case, and so was informed that I had to be in Preston for 0900 tomorrow morning. (I’m in Swansea)

So, I cancelled the jobs that I’d already booked in, cancelled my chiropractor and booked a hotel in Lytham for two nights.

Spent this morning tidying things up and preparing and packing for the court case.

I was 22 minutes into a 5hr drive when I got the phone call informing me that the case has been adjourned, as they couldn’t organise a judge in time.
FFS!
That’s a right b4stard when that happens … notwithstanding all the ancillary changes you had to make, the “good” thing is you were “only” 22 minutes into the trip, I suppose. Can you ping ‘em for “intent to be there“, “disruption” and “inconvienence“ financial reparations, etc etc?

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Tool

LE
I was suddenly fast balled to be an expert witness in a court case, and so was informed that I had to be in Preston for 0900 tomorrow morning. (I’m in Swansea)

So, I cancelled the jobs that I’d already booked in, cancelled my chiropractor and booked a hotel in Lytham for two nights.

Spent this morning tidying things up and preparing and packing for the court case.

I was 22 minutes into a 5hr drive when I got the phone call informing me that the case has been adjourned, as they couldn’t organise a judge in time.
FFS!
Had that happen to me. Client site just over 100 miles away, we organise a meeting to discuss an issue. I drive to the client site to be told that they'd decided that the meeting needed to be moved to the next day. Didn't I read the e-mail they sent out 1/2 an hour before? No, you dickwad, I was about 3/4 the way to your offices in my car. Drive back to the office, morning wasted. Drive out to the site the next day, 10 minutes into the meeting and the key person isn't there. He's phoned in sick, and the office admin person didn't notify his stand-in. Meeting cancelled. 400 miles and a full man-day person-day wasted.

Malt vinegar. Or rather people who put it on anything other than fish and chips.

Scottish Brother-in-law, taken to a very nice restaurant for Sunday Lunch yesterday, ordered cod in red pepper sauce and demanded vinegar to put on it. Young waitress stopped in her tracks but said she would see what she could find. Her small jug of white wine vinegar was poured all over the dish before it was even tasted.

This evening I made salmon and courgette pasta with a small bowl of salad for each of us. Vinegar was demanded to go on the salad, rather than the French Dressing I had made. Then the salad was tipped into the pasta in his dish, and more vinegar added 'to make the fish taste nicer'.

I despair....

More wine needed.
Some people just don't like fish

Had that happen to me. Client site just over 100 miles away, we organise a meeting to discuss an issue. I drive to the client site to be told that they'd decided that the meeting needed to be moved to the next day. Didn't I read the e-mail they sent out 1/2 an hour before? No, you dickwad, I was about 3/4 the way to your offices in my car. Drive back to the office, morning wasted. Drive out to the site the next day, 10 minutes into the meeting and the key person isn't there. He's phoned in sick, and the office admin person didn't notify his stand-in. Meeting cancelled. 400 miles and a full man-day person-day wasted.
just before I left in 1993 I was posted to command workshop Stirling for my last 6 months (Whoopee)
there was a resettlement roadshow at Leuchars on a wednesday which myself and the co were booked to go on .... except they decided to bring it forward a day to the tuesday , and I was actually off that day at pre discharge dental or medical (forget which)
anyway , fat idle bitch admin clerk decided not to let me know about the change even though she'd seen the notice the previous friday ..... didn't forget to let the Colonel know though
always wondered if I would have gone working offshore had I attended that.................F ucking bitch

Feckin ChAvanti Trains. Pay 3x the odds for a flexible ticket so I can be, er, flexible.

Can’t get a seat as all seats are booked and I’m not on the train I booked (having paid 3x the odds to have that option) so go into the unbooked carriage to find no seats.

Cunningly worded invitation to upgrade to Standard Premium. This is essentially a seat. For an extra £25.

The excuse was “it’s half term”. I’m 56 and not on half term. I am on business and have a suitcase so Suggestion B, walking the length of the train in search of a (non existent) seat came straight out of The Book of Dildo as well.

C&nts etc.

Oh, an c&nts that have to have banal phone conversations using the speaker on the train.

Oh, an c&nts that have to have banal phone conversations using the speaker on the train.
You should have just joined in the conversation. ;)

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
People who think taking their children to play with the toys in a charity shop for an hour is a good way to spend time at half term..

Especially if they don't actually buy anything!!!

The ‘perfect storm’ of irritation for me on BBC News this morning.
Apparently Strictly has a Halloween ‘Special’ this evening.
DILLIGAF? It’s not News, you cretins.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The ‘perfect storm’ of irritation for me on BBC News this morning.
Apparently Strictly has a Halloween ‘Special’ this evening.
DILLIGAF? It’s not News, you cretins.
I’m surprised you watch that, I stopped watching that BBC Breakfast when Sophie and that reporter who does a lot on the Middle East packed it in, yes I’ve forgotten his name, Jeremy someone or another. That Scottish woman who does the weather with a sickening* “good morning” and an even more annoying smile had me reaching for the radio as well.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
England’s Woman’s Football team winning an away match 10-0, ‘breaking records’ and getting more Radio airtime than the England T20 World Cup Cricketers.
I get it that Woman’s Football is gaining popularity, but please stop trying to convince us it is on a par with the men’s version - it’s embarrassing and pathetic imho.
The only women’s sport worth watching is the golf, that is of course if you like golf,
if not it’s not.
Glad that’s sorted.:slow:

Latest Threads