Things that irritate me

Also on the 'London getting Shitter" thread:
A fukkin' pretentious vehicle in the soulless hinterland just west off
Ladbroke Grove. Guess the postal district of Cambridge effin'
8B439199-69D3-4BB1-9E55-BFAF91990A46.jpeg

Gardens where this pretentious and unnecessary vehicle was parked?

The corner shop not having Kestrel Super so this trainee street drinker/street loony had to make do with inferior Tennent's.
I do my best but it seems that a covert coat, moleskins and boots from Tricker's are not acceptable uniform and frowned upon in such circles. I learn much from these 'public philosophers'
8969F179-67B1-4BF1-937C-D9A69946B871.jpeg

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Malt vinegar. Or rather people who put it on anything other than fish and chips.

Scottish Brother-in-law, taken to a very nice restaurant for Sunday Lunch yesterday, ordered cod in red pepper sauce and demanded vinegar to put on it. Young waitress stopped in her tracks but said she would see what she could find. Her small jug of white wine vinegar was poured all over the dish before it was even tasted.

This evening I made salmon and courgette pasta with a small bowl of salad for each of us. Vinegar was demanded to go on the salad, rather than the French Dressing I had made. Then the salad was tipped into the pasta in his dish, and more vinegar added 'to make the fish taste nicer'.

I despair....

More wine needed.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh, and when finding that Tennants or McEwans lager are not served, ordering Peroni and pouring water into it!!!!

Actually this isn't about food and drink, is it???

Malt vinegar. Or rather people who put it on anything other than fish and chips.

Scottish Brother-in-law, taken to a very nice restaurant for Sunday Lunch yesterday, ordered cod in red pepper sauce and demanded vinegar to put on it. Young waitress stopped in her tracks but said she would see what she could find. Her small jug of white wine vinegar was poured all over the dish before it was even tasted.

This evening I made salmon and courgette pasta with a small bowl of salad for each of us. Vinegar was demanded to go on the salad, rather than the French Dressing I had made. Then the salad was tipped into the pasta in his dish, and more vinegar added 'to make the fish taste nicer'.

I despair....

More wine needed.

What an utter sarshole!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Marks and Spencer, guilty as charged. They are pushing their range of Christmas tat. A clothes rack in their Hastings branch with suggestions for "Mom"
Are these gifts being delivered by Santa Claus or Father Christmas? I think we lost that one decades ago.

I was at one in Shrewsbury a while back. Good venue, and cut price beer coupons to boot!

There is a Spoons in Shrewsbury? Well I never...

I've only lived here since 1990 - every day a school day and all that... :)

I tend to drink in pubs closer to my home but I've actually drunk in there on a few occasions - it seemed nice enough. Always new it as the Shrewsbury Hotel though as Wetherspoons only took it over in 1998.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Right that's it...

Irony. Patronising.

Point 1. Using irony instead of hypocrisy - just stop it!

Point 2. Using patronising instead of condescending - see Point 1.

Yes yes, they sort of mean the same thing, but they don't. In the same way an aeroplane can be fixed wing or rotary wing, but we don't call a helicopter an aeroplane.

Irony is more relevant to an effect having an uncanny resemblence (but not necessarily related) to the cause. Example:

"Mark was ran over by an ambulance"

Patronising someone, whilst it is condescending, it more specifically relates to situations such as false praise or assurance. Example:

"Please stay on the line, your call is very important to us". (like how do they know I'm sat in my skiddies and only calling to ask the woman what undies she is wearing).

Time for a beer.

And a w@nk.

Tool

LE
Right that's it...

Irony. Patronising.

Point 1. Using irony instead of hypocrisy - just stop it!

Point 2. Using patronising instead of condescending - see Point 1.

Yes yes, they sort of mean the same thing, but they don't. In the same way an aeroplane can be fixed wing or rotary wing, but we don't call a helicopter an aeroplane.

Irony is more relevant to an effect having an uncanny resemblence (but not necessarily related) to the cause. Example:

"Mark was ran over by an ambulance"

Patronising someone, whilst it is condescending, it more specifically relates to situations such as false praise or assurance. Example:

"Please stay on the line, your call is very important to us". (like how do they know I'm sat in my skiddies and only calling to ask the woman what undies she is wearing).

Time for a beer.

And a w@nk.
You typed that in your p-stained Y-fronts and tobacco-stained string vest, didn't you?

That Verisure alarm advert that seems to be running on loop,

Hello he says, I'm Cunto (I might have the wrong name) from Verisure, well cunto, we can see you're from Verisure by that fuking god awful jacket that has the name Verisure plastered on it that you're wearing, the grinning mong then goes on to reply to soppy bollox the homeholders statement 'thanks for coming so soon' ('no worries where here to protect' here to protect? what a load of old bollox

Why don't you take that pisspoor fuking jacket and you with it out the way you came in cunto?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not wanting a beer for weeks.

But the minute you are on call it's all you can think of

There is an urgent need for a section of the site called CAPSLOCK CORNER, where Mods can relocate threads titled entirely in upper case.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is in anticipation of the wet fannies who would object to my personal preference of just deleting the threads out of hand.

Apparently, I'm supposed required to tolerate celebrate such drooling imbecility diversity.

Last edited:
...Apparently, I'm supposed to tolerate such drooling imbecility.

In different times they'd be eaten or set adrift on an ice floe. They're now protected game and encouraged to breed with financial incentives. Your species is devolving but we'll be along soon to fix that for you.

Just a pity the fat ones are tainted with nicotine and cheap lager. They look so juicy and tender.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There is an urgent need for a section of the site called CAPSLOCK CORNER, where Mods can relocate threads titled entirely in upper case.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is in anticipation of the wet fannies who would object to my personal preference of just deleting the threads out of hand.

Apparently, I'm supposed required to tolerate celebrate such drooling imbecility diversity.

WHICH ONES?

Latest Threads