Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Now, how about a bit of sympathy for the bloke who was dragged screaming to watch Wicked yesterday

A Sunday afternoon I am never getting back
I spent an afternoon at that production admiring the engineering that went into the scenery.

My friend booked it for a treat. What else could i do?

Since when did Tankfest run on a Monday?

Monkey World (unfortunately not what I originally thought it was) is quite interesting:)

Since when did Tankfest run on a Monday?

Monkey World (unfortunately not what I originally thought it was) is quite interesting:)
My son took my three year old granddaughter there I while back. After an hour or so she turned to him and said “please daddy no more monkeys”

Last edited:
My son took my three year old granddaughter there I while back. After an hour or so she turned to him and said “please daddy o more monkeys”
Oook.

Issi

LE
My son took my three year old granddaughter there I while back. After an hour or so she turned to him and said “please daddy no more monkeys”
That’s uncanny, I work from home, and every time I’d hear an approaching helicopter, i’d grab my then 3 year old son and take him out to the front of the house to watch them fly by.

I stopped doing that when I rushed out with him once, and he theatrically sighed and said -

“Another helicopter?”

Last edited:
That’s uncanny, I work from home, and every time I used to hear an approaching helicopter, i’d grab my then 3 year old ,boy and take him out the front of the house to watch them fly by.

I stopped doing that, when I rushed out with him once, and he theatrically sighed and said -

“Another helicopter?”
My daughter can recognise most U.K. Army/RAF helicopters. She took great pleasure in “spotting” a Chinook accompanied by a couple of Apache following the course of the Thames when out rowing the other week, caused much puzzlement amongst the rest of her crew.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My daughter can recognise most U.K. Army/RAF helicopters. She took great pleasure in “spotting” a Chinook accompanied by a couple of Apache following the course of the Thames when out rowing the other week, caused much puzzlement amongst the rest of her crew.
Aged 6, I really annoyed my mother by correction her description of a helicopter as a Sioux.

Apparently 'No Mum. It's a Scout' is being cheeky.

Hoping to get my News fix this morning, only to be confronted by a 10 minute plug for Strictly Come Dancing. :x
It’s not News you twats and there are plenty of people in this Country who couldn’t give a fcuk about it!
Every bloody year ffs!
That’s better. :smile:

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hoping to get my News fix this morning, only to be confronted by a 10 minute plug for Strictly Come Dancing. :x
It’s not News you twats and there are plenty of people in this Country who couldn’t give a fcuk about it!
Every bloody year ffs!
That’s better. :smile:
Watch another channel. Al Jazeera is good. Even GB news, for a short while, can be informative. BBC news is all 'Government Grr. Robbing Universal Credit'. Plus stoking panic buying of food and fuel.

No mention that folk have had an extra £20 a week for months, thanks taxpayer. Or questioning why UK folks don't want to be lorry drivers any more. AJ has its agenda but reports a lot more actual news from. Around the world.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The simple answer to such "news" programmes is Don't Watch Any Television News Programmes. Newspapers and radio (short, sharp) provide adequate news items.
Television companies are only out to make money and will provide items which their young inform them are the in thing.

JUst read somewhere , and I cannot find it again(which also irritates me) that the boss of iceland is reporting that they are having to cancel 30-40 deliveries a day due to driver shortages ...... media making a big deal about it
two things
1 It's mainly frozen food so when it is delivered shouldn't make any difference
2 30 to 40 deliveries , that couldl be to 30 or 40 Iceland shops , well a quick look tells me there are over 940 in UK and 27+ in Ireland so if they are delivering daily is that not equivalent to about 3-4% of deliveries....... worst case imho could be 10%.... my god , we are all going to starve

but don't let common sense get in the way of a good panic

JUst read somewhere , and I cannot find it again(which also irritates me) that the boss of iceland is reporting that they are having to cancel 30-40 deliveries a day due to driver shortages ...... media making a big deal about it
two things
2 30 to 40 deliveries , that couldl be to 30 or 40 Iceland shops , well a quick look tells me there are over 940 in UK and 27+ in Ireland so if they are delivering daily is that not equivalent to about 3-4% of deliveries....... worst case imho could be 10%.... my god , we are all going to starve

I've just had an image in my head of Kerry Katona driving an artic...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
two things

If supermarkets just transported essential food stuffs to their stores, it would be a far lesser issue.

Despite empty food shelves, various other departments still seem well stocked.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Define 'essential'.
Lichis are 'essential' for some.
Entitled pricks.

I was meaning more along the lines of the various dvds, PlayStations, aromatic candles, garden ornaments etc

I was meaning more along the lines of the various dvds, PlayStations, aromatic candles, garden ornaments etc
Oh yes indeed.
BUT have you considered, seriously, the profit margins on such stuff, and Chrimbo is coming, and MSM is already warning that there will be a shortage of Chrimbo presents?
And, like petrol, how many of the 'essential' foodstuffs are being panic-bought? And will end up in the bin next week?*
Another quick question - how full are the booze aisles?

*(Hi, @Kirkz!)

Latest Threads