Things that irritate me

And ignores that bagging your shopping, unpacking it at home, and eventually opening the tin, box, packaging, to use the contents, isn't particularly hygenic if mucky shoes, nappies, grubby/sticky little fingers have previously been inside your trolley.

To my knowledge they are never cleaned - not even the handles/push bars :( .
Do you put the lid down when you flush your toilet?

Why is it that people can drive to the supermarket - you know, keep left, pass right, obey the rules, don't stop aimlessly etc etc etc and when they get a trolley, they push it like a complete twat?
I shop for other people, abandoned trolleys are so much fun once discovered I simply place nice expensive items in their carelessly parked trolley and later I sometimes have the good fortune to observe the drama at the checkout. If you are discovered placing items in someone's trolley simply complain ' wifey must of wandered off' looks like our trolley mumble mumble and all is well, Costco is the perfect store for such nefarious operations.

I got a de walt and my eyes were opened to the joys of clutches and powerful cordless drills as opposed to the B&Q knock off I'd had for years.
The other week I got an own brand drill in Aldi for 20 quid. I've been quite impressed by it so far and only charged it twice as opposed to the de walt that gets it battery swapped during every job as it gets tired.
Warranty was pretty long too so if I do burn it out I can wander back in and get my money back :)

Dashcam mate. PSNI will take third-party footage, provided it has a timecode. Mine has timecode, date, GPS and my road speed. I've shopped two drivers so far. This is gonna cost me a fortune in memory cards, mind! Police aren't too quick about giving them back.
nobody likes a grass.

Do you put the lid down when you flush your toilet?
Put the toilet lid down , my Grandkids don't even know how to use a fucking toilet brush... the youngest one sometimes forgets to even flush the fucking thing, you ever seen the feacal equivalent of "Stargazy pie?"..... he's a dirty little shit... my fault , should have beaten his dad more often when he was younger, then again , he was a loggie for 9 years

I have a scale of toilet loveliness which has 'French' at the lowest grade. All Brits to whom I have spoken using this as a definition understand.

For info, both staff and customer toilets at Tesco Dorchester are French. Utterly vile with poor water pressure, frequent blockages, unknown liquids on the floors, scarce paper for hands or bums and dryers which gasp like an asthmatic COPD sufferer. The staff one is plastered with corporate notices about hygiene!!!

Customer ones have been like it for years despite a refurb in 2015. Staff ones were like it all of last December and complaints were met with 'there's no budget to improve'.
If you do communicate with them again, you can tell 'em that I'll be avoiding their particular shop and find Tesco's attitude to food safety, food-borne poisoning,, faecal contamination of goods most enlightening....

When dealing with fruit and veg I do wonder about the amount of pesticides used during its growth rather than any problems such as bird shit which after all do wash off.
Me too but the original post was about children's feet in supermarket trolleys.

You must be terrified at what happens to cans, boxes, etc. when they are stacked outside on big pallets. And fresh fruit and veg as it grows on trees and bushes. All those birds could sh!t on it. Dirty rain could fall on it.

At some point you have to decide to wash everything, wipe everything with Dettol wipes or accept that we do not live in a sterile world.
Captain Obvious solution: Before and after unpacking etc WASH your hands, again prior to opening anything. Works for me. :bow:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
@Bollox @ancienturion @A signaller are three cretins that irritate me. According to them, letting a toddler ride in a supermarket trolley will result in someones shopping becoming drenched in dog shit. Funny that not once has this happened to me in all the years I have used a supermarket shopping trolley. Morons to a man, the three of the.

@Bollox @ancienturion @A signaller are three cretins that irritate me. According to them, letting a toddler ride in a supermarket trolley will result in someones shopping becoming drenched in dog shit. Funny that not once has this happened to me in all the years I have used a supermarket shopping trolley. Morons to a man, the three of the.
I always see kids standing in trolleys as 'top heavy', and just wait for the twats to capsize the thing, and faceplant into the tiles.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
SOH failure there then.