Things that irritate me

GDPR "training", it's bad enough I have to do it in my civvy job annually but now have to do it for the army as well, it's the most brain meltingly dull load of jargon and hours of your life that you'll never get back.

From an IT side it's a right faff to stay compliant, just adds to the pointless non jobs no one really wants to do

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The size/quality of everything going down but the price keeps going up.

About once a month, I head up to my local shops for a large breakfast and coffee at a cafe there. I went up there on the weekend to find out the price had jumped but they no longer serve coffee with the breakfast (some bollocks about the two franchise coffee chains in the same food court kicking up a stink).

So what was $12 for a large breakfast and coffee is now $18 for the same bloody thing.

You spend $18 on breakfast? They must have glass doors because they saw you coming.

From an IT side it's a right faff to stay compliant, just adds to the pointless non jobs no one really wants to do
As appointed DPO and GDPR Officer for the company it is an ongoing nightmare to get people to comply. Telling people that they cannot keep info on a just in case bases from 15 years ago is a daily grind.

As appointed DPO and GDPR Officer for the company it is an ongoing nightmare to get people to comply. Telling people that they cannot keep info on a just in case bases from 15 years ago is a daily grind.

The sad thing is the obverse. You have people leave who can say that info is there and point it out in two seconds, because they know what they're doing, and their replacement hasn't a clue.

I gave my second daughter my mum's name, so skipping a generation makes it OK. Their names are also the same as a lady novelist from the early 20th Century.

It seemed popular back in the day to give your kids a parent's name as a middle name. I've got my father's as a middle name, the only thing he gave me, the ******* ****** :)

I gave my second daughter my mum's name, so skipping a generation makes it OK. Their names are also the same as a lady novelist from the early 20th Century.
Fanny Hill?

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Many of the things already posted, however, every time you read a news article they always post the person's age !

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
The hero worship of our 'NHS Heroes'
I have nothing against the NHS, I am thankful for the efforts during the pandemic. But this sentimental bullshit is vomit inducing.
Could we all go back to being British and having a stiff upper lip about things? Instead of this vacuous hero worship and clapping like seals to show our support.

And their moaning about their pay rise today.

NHS workers should count themselves lucky that they have got a pay rise at all. Armed Forces and most of the public sector haven't.
Some of our 'NHS Heroes' are right whingers.
The government has spunked billions up the wall for furlough and universal credit etc Where do they think this money is coming from?
The magic money tree that all Labour supporting public sector workers seem to think exists.

The hero worship of our 'NHS Heroes'
I have nothing against the NHS, I am thankful for the efforts during the pandemic. But this sentimental bullshit is vomit inducing.
Could we all go back to being British and having a stiff upper lip about things? Instead of this vacuous hero worship and clapping like seals to show our support.

And their moaning about their pay rise today.

NHS workers should count themselves lucky that they have got a pay rise at all. Armed Forces and most of the public sector haven't.
Some of our 'NHS Heroes' are right whingers.
The government has spunked billions up the wall for furlough and universal credit etc Where do they think this money is coming from?
The magic money tree that all Labour supporting public sector workers seem to think exists.
Those disgruntled NHS staff should do something about this injustice.

Maybe record a ******* TikTok dance routine.

RedDinger

War Hero
Richard smug b*stard Osman with his constant harping on about how tall he is. As if its a great achievement he should be applauded for rather than the luck of the genetic draw.