Things that irritate me

Bastard bin m...err...operatives.

We had 23 flakes of snow on Sunday. My bin, which is full to the point I had to sit on the lid (the awkward squad BASTARDS won’t take it if the lid is 1mm open) to make it stay down hasn’t been emptied this week because of ‘The safety risk to our staff’.
******* *******!
It’s only emptied fortnightly as it is.

Bastard bin m...err...operatives.

We had 23 flakes of snow on Sunday. My bin, which is full to the point I had to sit on the lid (the awkward squad BASTARDS won’t take it if the lid is 1mm open) to make it stay down hasn’t been emptied this week because of ‘The safety risk to our staff’.
******* *******!
It’s only emptied fortnightly as it is.

At the risk of tempting fate, our on the Isle of Wight are pretty good, fortunately!

Next door neighbour's garage roofing contractors. Radio on so loud we can hear it in the house with the double glazed windows shut.

Hubby is getting them to quote for doing our garage roof. They will get the job over my dead body.

Mrs. Grumpy
They might not be the best, but I’m sure they’re the most expensive!
I feel your pain. Neighbours (we are semi-attached) are having a new bathroom. I surmise from the old bathroom bits out front. All week this has been going on. Mrs R has been trying to work from home and the noise has been excessive.
The bugger further up is a jobbing groundsman and has turned his driveway into a builders yard.

Next door neighbour's garage roofing contractors. Radio on so loud we can hear it in the house with the double glazed windows shut.

Hubby is getting them to quote for doing our garage roof. They will get the job over my dead body.

Mrs. Grumpy
When we had our roof replaced our surveyor who produced the specifications on which the builders bid put in a clause that basically stated that radios could not be played by the workforce on site without the owner’s permission.

Make sure you have something similar put in your contract when you have the roof done.

Vapid narcissistic show-boating pricks...... who seem to need a full personal library on show in their "study" on the telly.
BBC article about it.
Tossers bulk buy books to shelf stack!

Vapid narcissistic show-boating pricks...... who seem to need a full personal library on show in their "study" on the telly.
BBC article about it.
Tossers bulk buy books to shelf stack!
There was that lass on Welsh BBC this week who had an “adult toy” aka rubber willy on hers
07C969A3-2B79-43C2-8E6C-C919AA1BD182.jpeg

JAD

LE
Right, this has to be the Grand Slam of things that irritate me. Firstly, my bone and current Mrs JAD, for her unerring ability to be able to sniff out "celeb" shiote on the tele box. Namely cooking programmes.
Secondly, these shameless bluffers who prowl such bottom feeder tv. There always seems to be just the right mix of no marks that I have to ask my wife and teenage daughter, "who the fukk is that and what do they do" (and what exactly is an influencer)? Then there's the cereal "reality tv" z list celeb. who has made it thier mission to be there and available at the opening of a packet of cigs. My frustration is complete when there is the skid mark types I do vaguely recognise, like disgraced former MP's, tv "funny men" and retired sporting types who have realised they now have to find work now the sponsorship gravy train has dried up.
Finally, my misery is complete by the fact that there is an insistence on having woke type "camp" punters, such as Rylan meets Rue Paul turned up to 11. They are clearly in the programme to "tick the box" and ensure there is a heady mix of drama. Double bubble if they are BAME too.
I fear this gripe crosses multiple current NAAFI threads and it's not even 2030hrs yet. Thank Christ for the sanity of you lot on arrse.

JAD

LE
Okay, so today's gripe. I've had a quick sken around the NAAFI for threads on radio adverts that irritate but not to no avail (I stand to be corrected). I have contributed recently to annoying TV adverts but what is gripping my sh1t at the moment is that repetitive radio campaign on Global (Radio X, LBC) for tax returns. I am constantly reminded to "get it sorted by 31st January"; this morning has gone into overdrive as I suppose today is deadline day.
Well, I did get my self assessment affairs in order early in the month when I had little to do other than sit at home in my rocking chair waxing lyrical about the good old days when I used to get up in the mornings and go to the office.
As I'm not blessed with dog like hearing, maybe I'm missing the ad campaign from HMRC to inform us that the deadline has been extended until end of February. Thanks HMRC, I've been on your website and it is as straight as a politician and reference to an extension is glaring by its absence.
Information for those unaware.

Okay, so today's gripe. I've had a quick sken around the NAAFI for threads on radio adverts that irritate but not to no avail (I stand to be corrected). I have contributed recently to annoying TV adverts but what is gripping my sh1t at the moment is that repetitive radio campaign on Global (Radio X, LBC) for tax returns. I am constantly reminded to "get it sorted by 31st January"; this morning has gone into overdrive as I suppose today is deadline day.
Well, I did get my self assessment affairs in order early in the month when I had little to do other than sit at home in my rocking chair waxing lyrical about the good old days when I used to get up in the mornings and go to the office.
As I'm not blessed with dog like hearing, maybe I'm missing the ad campaign from HMRC to inform us that the deadline has been extended until end of February. Thanks HMRC, I've been on your website and it is as straight as a politician and reference to an extension is glaring by its absence.
Information for those unaware.

Typical I did my tax return on the 30th, panicked because I got locked out of my payroll portal to get my P60, and then found HMRC tell me what they think my employed income for the year in question was anyway

Finally get someone to unlock my account at work, and they were right, not surprising when they have to send the information to HRMC with every wage payment anyway

Typical I did my tax return on the 30th, panicked because I got locked out of my payroll portal to get my P60, and then found HMRC tell me what they think my employed income for the year in question was anyway

Finally get someone to unlock my account at work, and they were right, not surprising when they have to send the information to HRMC with every wage payment anyway
Same here except I couldn’t get into my payroll portal as, apparently, my account was closed 10/12 weeks after I was made redundant. Thanks for telling me that people.
After a penny / manhole cover moment with the old bum hole, I was saved by the lovely ladies in the accounts dept who sent me copies of my P11D and P60 forms.
Was then told about the extension. Doh!

JAD

LE

I pulled my tripe out getting all my UK earnings together for year 2019, house rental including expenditures, bank account details etc. military pension stuff. Same for the current Mrs JAD. The sweat of uploading everything onto the very snag ridden, clunky, glitchy HMRC site, (is it deliberately so), for what? I don't remember the last time I got anything other than a one liner from the tax man saying I don't owe anything. Does anyone on here recommend a solution for UK self assessment tax affairs (cheaper than hiring a rip off £350 tax advisor).

wheel

LE
Right, this has to be the Grand Slam of things that irritate me. Firstly, my bone and current Mrs JAD, for her unerring ability to be able to sniff out "celeb" shiote on the tele box. Namely cooking programmes.
Secondly, these shameless bluffers who prowl such bottom feeder tv. There always seems to be just the right mix of no marks that I have to ask my wife and teenage daughter, "who the fukk is that and what do they do" (and what exactly is an influencer)? Then there's the cereal "reality tv" z list celeb. who has made it thier mission to be there and available at the opening of a packet of cigs. My frustration is complete when there is the skid mark types I do vaguely recognise, like disgraced former MP's, tv "funny men" and retired sporting types who have realised they now have to find work now the sponsorship gravy train has dried up.
Finally, my misery is complete by the fact that there is an insistence on having woke type "camp" punters, such as Rylan meets Rue Paul turned up to 11. They are clearly in the programme to "tick the box" and ensure there is a heady mix of drama. Double bubble if they are BAME too.
I fear this gripe crosses multiple current NAAFI threads and it's not even 2030hrs yet. Thank Christ for the sanity of you lot on arrse.
******* who cant man up and take control of the TV from their wives then moan about shite that is on. Go and get a hobby or a man cave.

******* who cant man up and take control of the TV from their wives then moan about shite that is on. Go and get a hobby or a man cave.

Does wanking count as a hobby?

Latest Threads