Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sitting in my car at the Tesco carpark waiting for SWMBO to finish her shopping (abiding by the one shopper only rule) The waiting is irritating , but the fucking icing on the cake is a Postman Pat ride for the kids belting out the first line of the Postman Pat song every 2.5 minutes.
Interestingly ... naaaat ... my BIL’s father penned that tune and that alone kept him very comfortably for his whole life in a beautiful villa in Spain - jammy ****** !

JAD

LE
Has the stuff they put in the tea to stop you wanting women worn off yet?*

*Credit to Dick Emery (I think)
Not quite yet, as I'm still getting a bit of a touch on thinking about Friday nights Naafi bop and that 39 seater "white whale" coach crammed with fit nurses (all gagging fer it obviously), pulling up outside the land of the stripy sunshine. All for me.

Army Issued hessian underpants and shirt, hairy. Just about got the rash under control after 38 years.

If you're talking about the green drawers, cellular (aka shreddies), I can't remember anyone who actually used them for anything other than cleaning rags.

JAD

LE
If you're talking about the green drawers, cellular (aka shreddies), I can't remember anyone who actually used them for anything other than cleaning rags.
I beg to differ. Can I ask out of idol curiosity, did you endure Junior Leaders or AAC of any persuasion? If so, you would know that any sadistic JNCO worth his salt would have us kids wearing just our issue undie breeks and black daps before subjecting us to systematic outdoor humiliation, usually in the sub zero breeze of a Northumberland summers morning. To show compassion, wearing of the cap comforter would be available to don in the frozen tundra of a North East winter sunrise.
I seem to be over it now though! Just.

any sadistic JNCO worth his salt...

'Sadistic and homosexually inclined' would be my guess, as Drawers, Cellular had an inherent design fault that caused the full wedding tackle of the wearer to protude through the permanently gaping fly, or else to loll draughtily and uncomfortably down one or other of the capacious, flapping legs.

'Sadistic and homosexually inclined' would be my guess, as Drawers, Cellular had an inherent design fault that caused the full wedding tackle of the wearer to protude through the permanently gaping fly, or else to loll draughtily and uncomfortably down one or other of the capacious, flapping legs.

... nearly ... there ...

Going home on leave, when you step through the door its.
Hello, how long are you staying?
With me its was " When are you going back" Me and mum never did get on.....Then i got married, and it was"how long this time?" ( meaning how long at home before the next bloody exercise, callout, guard duty, etc...)

New people who have yet the realise to can put a mobile phone to your ear and talk normally. You DO NOT have to hold it in front and shout

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Next door neighbour's garage roofing contractors. Radio on so loud we can hear it in the house with the double glazed windows shut.

Hubby is getting them to quote for doing our garage roof. They will get the job over my dead body.

Mrs. Grumpy

Next door neighbour's garage roofing contractors. Radio on so loud we can hear it in the house with the double glazed windows shut.

Hubby is getting them to quote for doing our garage roof. They will get the job over my dead body.

Mrs. Grumpy
I am working next door to you.
The quote your hubby asked for was a new garage roof and a new patio

Drawers Dracula you mean. Drawers Drac colloquially.

I'd not heard that one before. They were just shreddies to us. I suspect that they may have been so-called because the cellular material of which they were made had the appearance of the eponymous breakfast cereal (although all undercrackers came to be known as such).

Latest Threads