Things that irritate me

When I suggest that I get 'Am I a child or something?'

30 mins into journey, 'We need to stop I need the toilet.'

Also, on the motorway;

Next services 13 miles and 43 miles - Silence*
Next services 5 miles and 25 miles - Silence*
Next services 1 mile and 31 miles - Silence*
Next services ahead - Silence*
Next services 29 miles - 'I really, desperately need to use the toilet. Can we stop?'

And whilst I'm at it why do women insist that the car audio entertainment system is switched off half an hour before your destination 'so that you can concentrate' then talk incessantly to you about inane crap that you will no doubt get tested on later?

*I say silence but actually mean the constant drone of who said what to whom and why they shouldn't have... rather than an indication that her bladder full level float switch is about to operate.
Build a new patio.......you know the rest.

She's got the tele on. The number of ads for overseas holidays is stunning. Fancy going to Orlando this summer? Can't see any kind of problem with that, can you? FFS.

Also, on the motorway;

Next services 29 miles - 'I really, desperately need to use the toilet. Can we stop?'

And whilst I'm at it why do women insist that the car audio entertainment system is switched off half an hour before your destination 'so that you can concentrate' then talk incessantly to you about inane crap that you will no doubt get tested on later?

*I say silence but actually mean the constant drone of who said what to whom and why they shouldn't have... rather than an indication that her bladder full level float switch is about to operate.
She Wee.

I presume you are the one in the driving seat, therefore ultimately responsible for choosing which parking bay is used. :p
Unfortunately true.
BUT
I have to park near the exit to collect SWMBO, and that's where the bloody singing nuisance s installed

This is the Wilfred Owen Memorial, located in the grounds of Shrewsbury Abbey.

wilfred-owen.jpg

It is made of Granite.

It was installed in June 2003...

Apparently it is deteriorating and will cost £6,500 to restore it.

WTF?????

It is made of Granite and has only been there for 17 fecking years FFS!

How much does a broom, a bucket of soapy water and a couple of scrubbing brushes cost? :x

From Wiki: Granite is nearly always massive (lacking any internal structures), hard, and tough. These properties have made granite a widespread construction stone throughout human history.

wilfred-owen.jpg

It is made of Granite.

WTF?????

How much does a broom, a bucket of soapy water and a couple of scrubbing brushes cost? :x

From Wiki: Granite is nearly always massive (lacking any internal structures), hard, and tough. These properties have made granite a widespread construction stone throughout human history.
Maybe Chinese granite?

Spartak1st

Old-Salt

Also, on the motorway;

Or they wait till you’ve pulled up on the double yellows outside their office before saying “What shall we have for tea tonight?”

TAFKA

Old-Salt
Or they wait till you’ve pulled up on the double yellows outside their office before saying “What shall we have for tea tonight?”

After working away all week I'd get home on Friday afternoon and she'd ask,

Her: 'What do you fancy for tea?'
Me: 'A curry would be nice. I haven't had one for a while.'
Her: '...or we could have pasta.'
Me: 'Well you asked what I wanted and I quite fancy a curry.'
Her: 'Yes, I think pasta would be nice.'

Almost as if I wasn't there.

Why do women (and it's always women) ask what you're going to have a nanosecond after the waiter hands you a menu in a restaurant?

Sitting in my car at the Tesco carpark waiting for SWMBO to finish her shopping (abiding by the one shopper only rule) The waiting is irritating , but the fucking icing on the cake is a Postman Pat ride for the kids belting out the first line of the Postman Pat song every 2.5 minutes.
Don’t go on the ride so often then

Celebrities jumping on the Sea Shanty bandwagon and boring the shit out of the rest of us and the BBC in particular (TV and Radio) playing them to death.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a bit of historical harmony singing, but you can get annoyed of a good thing, very, very quickly.
Give it a rest ffs!

JAD

LE

wilfred-owen.jpg

It is made of Granite.

WTF?????

WTF is it anyway, a very impractical use of building material to for a sledge frame?

JAD

LE
"Funny man" and wannabe GMB serious journo type, Adil Ray's creation, Citizen Khan. I know someone's going to say it's supposed to be irony but I'm really sorry, it's so not funny. One episode was enough for me to do a Duncan Bannatyne and state, I'm oot.

WTF is it anyway, a very impractical use of building material to for a sledge frame?

From the website:

Abstract concept sculpture entitled 'Symmetry' representing pontoon bridges over the Sambre canal, where Wilfred Owen was killed. The sculpture expresses the significance of the poet as bridge builder and communicator, and the stark shape also represents the structure of the trenches lined with duckboards. Symmetries in the design represent symmetries in Owen's poem strange meeting, from which the inscription is taken. Deliberate dual function as a bench represents another way of spanning the uncertain ground, a safe haven.

Mind you Shrewsbury has a track record for expensive pretentiousness - this is the "Quantum Leap", purchased at a cost of over £1,000,000 by Shrewsbury Council/Shropshire Council to "celebrate" the bicentenary of Charles Darwin's birth.

800px-Quantum_Leap_-_the_sculpture_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1708891.jpg

It is known as "The Slinky" by the locals... most of whom think it is a load of blx and spoils the view of the river.

"Funny man" and wannabe GMB serious journo type, Adil Ray's creation, Citizen Khan. I know someone's going to say it's supposed to be irony but I'm really sorry, it's so not funny. One episode was enough for me to do a Duncan Bannatyne and state, I'm oot.

I watched a few bits of the crap, and thought it was just rehashed ideas and scenes from previous episodes of shite like Terry and June.

Celebrities jumping on the Sea Shanty bandwagon and boring the shit out of the rest of us and the BBC in particular (TV and Radio) playing them to death.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a bit of historical harmony singing, but you can get annoyed of a good thing, very, very quickly.
Give it a rest ffs!

Celebrities bandwagoning you say?

BFF8DC80-2975-4DD2-AE6F-66DCC7F60A6D.gif

Mine does all that and then once she's finally ready needs to have a pee before we leave. EVERY TIME WE LEAVE THE HOUSE, despite having had one just before she put her shoes on.

Hope its diabetes.

ETA: And another thing, why the hell does she walk at the 5 or 7 o'clock position about 2 paces behind me. At first I thought I must walk too quickly so slowed down a bit and she kept perfect formation. So it went slower and slower until almost at a crawl and she's still there just over my shoulder!

I think she's practicing her stealthy approach for another time.
Mine walks slowly due to musculoskeletal problems and short legs!
The greyhound and I have a reasonable pace. So why can't she walk in front of us so that we don't leave her and also give us a quick walk to catch her after a pee break?

After working away all week I'd get home on Friday afternoon and she'd ask,

Her: 'What do you fancy for tea?'
Me: 'A curry would be nice. I haven't had one for a while.'
Her: '...or we could have pasta.'
Me: 'Well you asked what I wanted and I quite fancy a curry.'
Her: 'Yes, I think pasta would be nice.'

Almost as if I wasn't there.

Why do women (and it's always women) ask what you're going to have a nanosecond after the waiter hands you a menu in a restaurant?
Cook / buy your own curry?

TAFKA

Old-Salt
Cook / buy your own curry?

Therein lies the crux of the issue. A woman messes you about or does something so badly that you end up doing it yourself and apparently that's training you. A man does the same and gets nagged for being incompetent. It's not a level playing field.

But the answer to your question is yes, despite me working all week and having a 250 mile drive home with her not working, I ended up cooking the meal myself. It was a curry and I made it especially hot so that I enjoyed it and she didn't. Apparently I'm incompetent.

Latest Threads