Things that irritate me

They also seem to be pushing to know when the lockdown will be lifted. Funny that, I seem to recall they were pushing for it to be implemented a while back due to the rise in case numbers.

That has been the problem all along. Taking the foot off the brake when there is no effective alternative strategy. It can only ever result in increasing infection rates and deaths.

Stop... Start... Stop... helps nobody.

ETA: And another thing, why the hell does she walk at the 5 or 7 o'clock position about 2 paces behind me. At first I thought I must walk too quickly so slowed down a bit and she kept perfect formation. So it went slower and slower until almost at a crawl and she's still there just over my shoulder!

I think she's practicing her stealthy approach for another time.
Put a burkha on her and make her walk 10 paces behind.

Have you tried waiting until she's in the car and ready to go with seatbelt on, then say "Just remembered something urgent", go back inside and wait until she comes in to find you?
I've done that a couple of times. The ticking, whingeing and moaning in the aftermath was worthy of AAC ground crew.

JAD

LE
People that use head scratching phrases incessantly in meaningless office "bants". Words I cannot begin to fathom, even by previous generation military lingo standards these terms are, well just a bit odd to the casual listener. As a '50 something I just shake my head when the office youff is chirpsing with da similarly youff-ful ladies 'bout how peng or drench fings are.
Oh my Days I needs a serious rest; nar 'a mean guy?

People that use head scratching phrases incessantly in meaningless office "bants". Words I cannot begin to fathom, even by previous generation military lingo standards these terms are, well just a bit odd to the casual listener. As a '50 something I just shake my head when the office youff is chirpsing with da similarly youff-ful ladies 'bout how peng or drench fings are.
Oh my Days I needs a serious rest; nar 'a mean guy?

Dats ratchet man.

Mine does all that and then once she's finally ready needs to have a pee before we leave. EVERY TIME WE LEAVE THE HOUSE, despite having had one just before she put her shoes on.

Hope its diabetes.

ETA: And another thing, why the hell does she walk at the 5 or 7 o'clock position about 2 paces behind me. At first I thought I must walk too quickly so slowed down a bit and she kept perfect formation. So it went slower and slower until almost at a crawl and she's still there just over my shoulder!

I think she's practicing her stealthy approach for another time.
Better she visits the toilet before leaving, rather than having to find one halfway to your destination.

Sitting in my car at the Tesco carpark waiting for SWMBO to finish her shopping (abiding by the one shopper only rule) The waiting is irritating , but the fucking icing on the cake is a Postman Pat ride for the kids belting out the first line of the Postman Pat song every 2.5 minutes.

quilter

War Hero
Whilst on a journey (2 freezing cold buses - local trains cancelled due to the blizzard) ) to have my Covid Jab on Sunday, several people joined the buses minus masks, driver (also maskless)- said nowt., inside the chemist 6 assistants, 3 minus masks, no-one challenges anything, is it me...........................I am scared of being attacked if I speak up but it does make my blood boil.

Since lockdown /covid etc-there appears to be a preponderence of (mainly women) doing 'pieces to camera' on local Facebook groups etc. They seem to have adopted this weird emulation of what appears to be a BBC reporter type gesturing and head movements.
That grips my shite

Sitting in my car at the Tesco carpark waiting for SWMBO to finish her shopping (abiding by the one shopper only rule) The waiting is irritating , but the fucking icing on the cake is a Postman Pat ride for the kids belting out the first line of the Postman Pat song every 2.5 minutes.
My mate says pouring water into the coin slot will turn the sound off.
Seems that during a stint selling RAC memberships at a motorway services on the M40, he was placed next to a PP kiddies ride.
He discovered the above on the afternoon of the second day.

Put a burkha on her and make her walk 10 paces behind.
You're not far off the mark, I've said about as much to her . . . . . though in my own sh1tbag way.

I'll do that double clap in the air like a Hollywood sultan and say:
"Fatima! Obey me woman, you must walk by my side. I command you!"

Whilst on a journey (2 freezing cold buses - local trains cancelled due to the blizzard) ) to have my Covid Jab on Sunday, several people joined the buses minus masks, driver (also maskless)- said nowt., inside the chemist 6 assistants, 3 minus masks, no-one challenges anything, is it me...........................I am scared of being attacked if I speak up but it does make my blood boil.
LMF.

Speak out
At least get the driver's name, and report to his bosses or the cops.

Better she visits the toilet before leaving, rather than having to find one halfway to your destination.
Now that I get, try and push one out before a long journey.
But:
We could be nipping out to pick up a takeaway from the village, a 5 minute drive, and we go through this same bladder emptying shenanigans.
Bear in mind also this is happening after the time we were supposed be leaving.

TAFKA

Old-Salt

When I suggest that I get 'Am I a child or something?'

30 mins into journey, 'We need to stop I need the toilet.'

Also, on the motorway;

Next services 13 miles and 43 miles - Silence*
Next services 5 miles and 35 miles - Silence*
Next services 1 mile and 31 miles - Silence*
Next services ahead - Silence*
Next services 29 miles - 'I really, desperately need to use the toilet. Can we stop?'

And whilst I'm at it why do women insist that the car audio entertainment system is switched off half an hour before your destination 'so that you can concentrate' then talk incessantly to you about inane crap that you will no doubt get tested on later?

*I say silence but actually mean the constant drone of who said what to whom and why they shouldn't have... rather than an indication that her bladder full level float switch is about to operate.

Edited to correct typo/bad maths

Last edited:

JAD

LE
When I suggest that I get 'Am I a child or something?'

30 mins into journey, 'We need to stop I need the toilet.'

Also, on the motorway;

Next services 13 miles and 43 miles - Silence*
Next services 5 miles and 25 miles - Silence*
Next services 1 mile and 31 miles - Silence*
Next services ahead - Silence*
Next services 29 miles - 'I really, desperately need to use the toilet. Can we stop?'

And whilst I'm at it why do women insist that the car audio entertainment system is switched off half an hour before your destination 'so that you can concentrate' then talk incessantly to you about inane crap that you will no doubt get tested on later?

*I say silence but actually mean the constant drone of who said what to whom and why they shouldn't have... rather than an indication that her bladder full level float switch is about to operate.
Okay people, seen as we've kindly been offered the clue in the form of a numerical list; name that motorway!

I presume you are the one in the driving seat, therefore ultimately responsible for choosing which parking bay is used. :p