Things that irritate me

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Female football commentators the squeaky whiney cnuts. Currently listening to one doing the Chelsea Luton game. Grrrr. Constantly saying what the player should have done when theyve never done it
Whilst I agree ref the high pitched whining of many female commentators, in all sports, I would point out that male commentators often discuss FA Politics, other matches they have seen, other teams and all sorts of stuff that isn't TELLING YOU WHAT'S HAPPENING ON THE FLIPPING PITCH!!!

You can hear the crowd baying at something, but they are wittering on about when they saw Thierry Henry in a cafe or some other irrelevant nonsense.

Just tell us what's happening. We are not interested in your opinions, your social life or the politics of football at this time.

ECE-Tech

War Hero
I get irate with people who cannot follow time discipline. Wife has a doctor´s appointment that I have to drive her to. I give her 30 NTM, 20 NTM, 10 NTM, 5 NTM then go start up the car and am sat in it with engine running for another 10 minutes before she comes out the house.

I get irate with people who cannot follow time discipline. Wife has a doctor´s appointment that I have to drive her to. I give her 30 NTM, 20 NTM, 10 NTM, 5 NTM then go start up the car and am sat in it with engine running for another 10 minutes before she comes out the house.

Just go without her. That’ll learn her!

Yes, this is a predominantly female characteristic in my experience, but not wholly. If I say to SWMBO “We have to leave at 10:00.” at 09:55 She will start to wash up the breakfast things, saying “Oh, I’ve just got to do this before we go.” No She doesn’t. Then She has to go and change into Her “Going out” clothes. Then She has to get her coat, scarf, purse, handbag. I have been sitting on the sofa ready to go for 15 minutes by the time She is ready. We get to the car ... “Oh, wait, I forgot the present for Anne.”

We always leave 15 minutes after scheduled departure time. It drives me mad.

To be fair, I had a mate who behaved in a similar fashion - just before leaving he would suddenly start to do something that was ‘vitally important’.

Do as I did and marry someone who also served, they will be ready 5 mins beforehand.

It grips my daughter as well, she is always complaining that her boyfriend has no sense of time and is always late.

Whilst I agree ref thee high pitched whining of many female commentators, in all sports, I would point out that male commentators often discuss FA Politics, other matches they have seen, other teams and all sorts of stuff that isn't TELLING YOU WHAT'S HAPPENING ON THE FLIPPING PITCH!!!

You can hear the crowd baying at something, but they are wittering on about when they saw Thierry Henry in a cafe or some other irrelevant nonsense.

Just tell us what's happening. We are not interested in your opinions, your social life or the politics of football at this time.

I remember many years ago in my rugby playing days, being refereed by a female society ref (would she have been the first?). This was when RU was still a purely amateur code and attitudes within were still very fixed. I think everyone was very impressed by her performance. I only remember ever seeing her on one occasion. I think her dad had been a highly-respected ref before her.

Just give her a good over the knee spanking if she's late, of course possibly she might start being late deliberately then

JAD

LE
Things that irritate me; I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but people who ask at (insert your fast food outlet of your choice) "can I get" etc etc...
I think it should be "please may I have" or similar.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
The answer to that sort of idleness is to institute timed 'Changing parades' get her on it!

Have you tried waiting until she's in the car and ready to go with seatbelt on, then say "Just remembered something urgent", go back inside and wait until she comes in to find you?

All this 'elbow bumping' bollocks. It just looks ridiculous and is completely unnecessary. We all know what's happening out there and that it is not safe to shake hands. Why adopt an awkward and ungainly substitute that effectively halves the social distancing?

Has everybody forgotten how to say 'Hello'?

Bastard dental treatment prices.
Been having a bit of gyp with a tooth. I thought I’d cracked it, lost a filling etc.
Called my dentists who inform me that as I haven’t been for over 2 years they have taken me off their NHS list, have no room to put me back on but can take me Privately.
Initial consultation £55. X-ray £18. He tells me he can’t see anything wrong with the tooth I went in for, but has found a cavity in another tooth. £120 for a white filling.
Oh, & they can’t get me in until the end of Feb.

@Fang_Farrier Does this sound a fair price to you?
I think I heard him say it was a T4 or TT4?
Count yourself lucky.

I went to a private dentiste to have a tooth pulled, it was a mollar than disintegrated to one corner spike and completely knackered.

After an xray, an interview with my teeth and lots of other effing about it was £160 to pull the tooth and between £3 and £4,000 for all the other work I had to have done. Not forgetting the extraction may not be successful and could require further surgery to remove it.

Instead I took my xrays to an NHS dentist, £45 and that tooth was out and I didn't feel a thing. Healed in 3 days as well.

The massive list of "immediate dental work" has never since arisen in 10 years either.
Funny that, the effing spivs.

Yes, this is a predominantly female characteristic in my experience, but not wholly. If I say to SWMBO “We have to leave at 10:00.” at 09:55 She will start to wash up the breakfast things, saying “Oh, I’ve just got to do this before we go.” No She doesn’t. Then She has to go and change into Her “Going out” clothes. Then She has to get her coat, scarf, purse, handbag. I have been sitting on the sofa ready to go for 15 minutes by the time She is ready. We get to the car ... “Oh, wait, I forgot the present for Anne.”

We always leave 15 minutes after scheduled departure time. It drives me mad.

To be fair, I had a mate who behaved in a similar fashion - just before leaving he would suddenly start to do something that was ‘vitally important’.
Mine does all that and then once she's finally ready needs to have a pee before we leave. EVERY TIME WE LEAVE THE HOUSE, despite having had one just before she put her shoes on.

Hope its diabetes.

ETA: And another thing, why the hell does she walk at the 5 or 7 o'clock position about 2 paces behind me. At first I thought I must walk too quickly so slowed down a bit and she kept perfect formation. So it went slower and slower until almost at a crawl and she's still there just over my shoulder!

I think she's practicing her stealthy approach for another time.

Last edited:
Mine does all that and then once she's finally ready needs to have a pee before we leave. EVERY TIME WE LEAVE THE HOUSE, despite having had one just before she put her shoes on.

Hope its diabetes.

ETA: And another thing, why the hell does she walk at the 5 or 7 o'clock position about 2 paces behind me. At first I thought I must walk too quickly so slowed down a bit and she kept perfect formation. So it went slower and slower until almost at a crawl and she's still there just over my shoulder!

I think she's practicing her stealthy approach for another time.
Get a stab vest.

The BBC seems to be on a moan at the moment about schools being closed and how "hard" it is for kids to learn stuff and how they are "suffering" due to not seeing their friends.

There's the internet. If this had happened 40-50 years ago, there would be no Internet - so stop ******* moaning.
What about all those kids in the Oz in the Outback that do their lessons by radio and never see their classmates - so stop ******* moaning.

First World/Middle class problems, *******.

They also seem to be pushing to know when the lockdown will be lifted. Funny that, I seem to recall they were pushing for it to be implemented a while back due to the rise in case numbers. Perhaps they could invest in a crystal ball to help HMG to predict the future. Alternatively, they could stop acting like mongs.

Latest Threads